Gaming Thread

Allo

NRL Captain
This thread seems to cover a lot of the problems with examples given

But basically like Dash said, cutting half the dex and doing stuff like keeping the Charmander line but cutting Squirtle and Bulbasaur. Having rigid and restrictive game mechanics and dogshit graphics.

I’d imagine that Ninty was banking on people getting a switch just to play it, and people still will, but will be left with a very sour taste by the looks of it

Last edited by a moderator:

Kimlo

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
So not so good on a 3600? That's a shame.
Nah still good on 3600 just not great on anything really lol. Anything under the 9900K in Intel land is unplayable.

They're going to need some serious patches to fix it.

Me and Nashy have applied for refunds.

If I get fps dips to 13 with a 3700x/RTX2080 on medium 1440P then the games broken.

Last edited:

Nashy

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
Probably the only appeal for buying it on PC is the modding and being able to travel to New Austin without needing to disconnect the game from the internet.

Apart from that, RDR2 is very much the type of game you play on the couch.
I already finished it on the couch.

broncos4life

International Rep
Brisbane
This thread seems to cover a lot of the problems with examples given

But basically like Dash said, cutting half the dex and doing stuff like keeping the Charmander line but cutting Squirtle and Bulbasaur. Having rigid and restrictive game mechanics and dogshit graphics.

I’d imagine that Ninty was banking on people getting a switch just to play it, and people still will, but will be left with a very sour taste by the looks of it
Man that guy had a massive whinge lol, bet you it isn’t half as bad as they are making out. If I never bought a game because so no-life ‘reviewer’ panned it I would probably never buy a game.

People shouldn’t just be buying a switch for this game, they should have one anyway because they are fucking awesome.

Allo

NRL Captain
Anyone seen the trailer for Age of Empires 4? Looks awesome!
huge AoE fan. I’m not putting any stock into the look of the game as it’s pre-alpha rendering... but I do hope it improves. Excited to see the style of gameplay, as that is obviously key in a game like this

broncos4life

International Rep
Brisbane
Sweet, what's your Friend Code b4l?

Currently up to Route 3. Can barely keep my eyes open, but I'll see how far I can go in one night.
You playing too mate? Awesome! Can’t remember it off the top of my head but will send it through later today.

I was the same last night. It is my sons birthday party today so we were setting up for it last night, I crawled into bed and only got up to the first town and I was lights out.

Alec

International Rep
What's everyone's game of the year?

2019 probably hasn't been the best year for games. There's only 1 that I actually finished, which would be mine - Sekiro, which was a lot of fun and felt rewarding as you got better and better.

Big Pete

International Captain
Brisbane
I would have to pick Sekiro as well. Not only was it enjoyable to control Wolf both in combat and on foot but Ashina and all the lands in the game were a joy to explore. Fountainhead Palace in particular is a world that's going to stay with me long before my next playthrough. One of the few games on PS4 that I felt compelled to Platinum (Persona 5 and Nioh are the others).

Then again, I've only played through four games this year.

Started with Kingdom Hearts 3 early in the year. It was jolly, but ridiculously easy and when I realised that they were saving all the big revelations for the final two hours of the game, it left a sour taste in my mouth. It should be better after the Final Mix DLC comes out, but really just felt like a dopamine rush.

Hung out for Astral Chain. Coming off of Sekiro, I found it to be really repetitive and easy even on hard. I feel like I ought to give it another playthrough on the hardest difficulty before passing judgement but it was only good.

Finished Pokemon Shield on the weekend. Possibly the worst campaign in any mainline Pokemon game. Every three feet an NPC stops you, engages you in a lengthy dull conversation and leads you by the nose through out. The only sense of adventure you get is through the Wild Area which felt entirely seperate from the rest of the game. The game gets better after the main campaign, but they've really steered away from what made the originals so great to begin with.

Still have Devil May Cry V, Resident Evil 2, Wargroove, Fire Emblem Three Houses and Dragon Quest XI S to play through. Also want to look into Bloodstained, Judgement, Luigi's Mansion 3, Control, Disco Elysium, Shenmue III etc. before making a definitive decision.

I should be right by 2031.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Twitter