Gaming Thread

Alec

International Rep
Well, the year is almost over. The only other new game I've played in the last month was Jedi Fallen Order, and it was just solid. Took the combat of Sekiro (but not as good), the jumping and climbing of Uncharted (but not as visually appealing or exciting) and the map system of Metroid Prime (but nowhere as complex or interconnected). So I guess Sekiro is still my fav of the year.

Now that the decade is over, I guess my favourite of the last 10 years was probably Fallout New Vegas. It was buggy as ****, but had some great writing and some really great quests.

Special mentions (off the top of my head) to Dark Souls, Bloodborne, XCOM 1 and 2, Divinity OS 1 and 2, Mass Effect 2, Nier Automata, Dragons Dogma, The Witcher 3 and Xenoblade Chronicles

Super Freak

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
Apparently the game is complete but more time is needed for playtesting and fixing.
I like this thinking.

So many game companies bring out games before doing this which results in games that are buggy as hell and puts a lot of people off.

I’m tired of having to download constant patches in the beginning to fix the issues. I get they want to get the game out on the release date but if they took a bit of extra time to test the game and fix any issues then people are happy to wait a little longer to make sure they are getting a truly finished product.

Kimlo

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
Late to the party (I always am) but VR is farkin' sweet.

Hoping Iron Man is decent. Watching movies/shows on VR makes it feel brand new!
It is so good, what VR rig did you go with?

It's honestly such a good way to watch movies, if only the tech could advance a bit so the whole thing is lighter and easier to wear it would basically replace TVs for mine.

holdzy89

NRL Captain
It is so good, what VR rig did you go with?

It's honestly such a good way to watch movies, if only the tech could advance a bit so the whole thing is lighter and easier to wear it would basically replace TVs for mine.
Using PS VR at the moment, first dip into it. Just finished Rick and Morty recently. What are the non PSVR games like?

Hopefully they improve it for the PS 5, it's very unique, just needs a few adjustments like you said. A lot of potential there.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Twitter