Gaming Thread

Sproj

International Rep
Staff
No idea if this has been spoken about already as I have rarely ever come into this thread but my third bout of lockdown has turned me to the Xbox. Have just finished Jedi: Fallen Order. What a really cool game and an excellent story to boot. I hope they make a sequel.

broncos4life

International Rep
Brisbane
Finally got time to get to a lot of my switch games that have been sitting there for ages. Playing Smash Bro’s Ultimate going through the adventure mode. Fucking awesome fun.

Big Pete

International Captain
Brisbane
I couldn't imagine doing any of that stuff blind in GTA, I'd have to have YouTube or GameFAQs on my phone to navigate through it all.

The SSB: Ultimate campaign was a dream come true. It was awesome to see so many franchises outside of Smash represented and some of those challenges were really fun to figure out. I wish they had have mixed it up more like Brawl with some soft beat em up sections but otherwise it was perfect.

Still working on my build for Nioh 2, just playing through missions before I can start farming for smithing texts so I can make some proper armour. In the original I could just farm revenants but the gear is only available late game so I presume nobody is going back and dropping graves to make it easier. I'm looking forward to the DLC just to see what content they'll add to it. Unfortunately like the original Nioh it was like they ran out of ideas from the first game and just recycled a bunch of enemies. They're idea of a challenge was to always have some guy sniping you in a room filled with enemies that can one shot you.

Working through the first dungeon in Persona 5 Royal. Forgot how slow the game is, the first dungeon is a glorified tutorial and I've already sunk in 8 hours. Definitely feels like a step up from the previous definitive versions of past games. Before it seemed like they'd just slap the new content into the game where they saw fit, now it's more interwoven and it just adds to the gameplay. I haven't gotten up to Mementos yet but supposedly that's all been redone and taken what was an unremarkable random dungeon generator and added all sorts of fun twists and turns. The first Persona 5 was the best turn-based JRPG I've played since Dragon Quest VIII, this is better in just about every way.

I bleed Maroon

State of Origin Captain
Uuuuugh, **** I'm bored now that Half Life Alyx is wrapped up (and the footy is off). I really should do another playthrough on hard but I kinda wanna let it settle for awhile then go again after most of it has slipped my mind. It was that great of a game that I'm considering another playthrough at all, especially for a VR game. One of the all time greats.

I guess I'll give Final Fantasy a whirl, but money is real tight at the moment.

Last edited:

soup

State of Origin Captain
T’ba
Got Resident Evil 3 as a hardware coupon with my new pc and am really keen to give it a whirl today. First chance I’ve had to play a game in a month since I bought the new system.

Kimlo

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
Uuuuugh, **** I'm bored now that Half Life Alyx is wrapped up (and the footy is off). I really should do another playthrough on hard but I kinda wanna let it settle for awhile then go again after most of it has slipped my mind. It was that great of a game that I'm considering another playthrough at all, especially for a VR game. One of the all time greats.

I guess I'll give Final Fantasy a whirl, but money is real tight at the moment.
How long did it take you to finish your first playthrough?

I'm keen to give it a go when I've got time but VR is a bit time consuming haha

I bleed Maroon

State of Origin Captain
How long did it take you to finish your first playthrough?

I'm keen to give it a go when I've got time but VR is a bit time consuming haha
I got through it on Normal difficulty with some decent VR legs already in about 11 hours. I felt I was going at a steady pace while hunting out supplies and secrets along the way. I died a handful of times even on Normal but that was more my own negligence than the game.

It is absolutely worth it. The fact that it is a VR game will probably rob it of Game of the Year unless the likes of Cyberpunk and TLOU2 get pushed out of 2020 because of COVID.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulietaRai

Twitter