Gaming Thread

roo-ted

NRL Player
I took wearing protection to the shops a little too far admittedly.

roo-ted roo-ted the vanilla BR isn't particularly good IMO but the mode where you just gather and deposit cash is pretty great. Same map, you drop with a loadout that you create and you can respawn. Comes with the free part of the game too. That 110GB though...

I just had my first win in plunder 1.2 million

I’m yet to have a win in the BR though

Wolfie

State of Origin Captain
I’m looking at the division 2- standard edition.

They have it at 70% off. Has anyone played it ?
I play it a fair bit. Its not too bad, but i havent played it as much as the division.

I have tons of games i've got over the years and havent even played. My biggest issue has been since 2004 i constantly just go back to World of Warcraft. Sayting that, i got Borderlands 3 with my RX 5700xt a while ago and i've just started playing it and i'm really enjoying it.

soup

State of Origin Captain
T’ba
I have yet to play any of the AC series (Just have never gotten round to them) but this game looks fucking excellent. Do you think I can just start at this one or do you have to have played the others for it to make sense.
Good question. I’m in the same boat. I did play the very first one, but Vikings are right up my alley.

Nashy

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
Good question. I’m in the same boat. I did play the very first one, but Vikings are right up my alley.
You can pickup any AC and just play. You generally get the gist of what's going on from the start before the character goes back, but even then, that part of the game doesn't make up the story line really.

Dash

NRL Captain
Brisbane
I have yet to play any of the AC series (Just have never gotten round to them) but this game looks fucking excellent. Do you think I can just start at this one or do you have to have played the others for it to make sense.
They more or less threw away the overarching story after AC3, and it was never the appeal of the game to begin with. It just serves as an excuse to go back in time and stab people.

Fozz

International Rep
Staff
They more or less threw away the overarching story after AC3.
Yeah, that part shit me. I was actually interested to see how that played out. Would be interesting to see a current time AC game to wrap that up.

Black Flag is still my favourite. I feel it went downhill from there but still enjoyable.

Last edited:

Super Freak

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
Thanks guys, I’m keen as, I love Norse mythology.
A couple of previous chapters fill in some blanks in the story of the Assassin's Creed, like how it was formed, but it's not important to know this before playing the next title.

There won't be anything in Valhalla that will only make sense if you have played the previous titles.

Kimlo

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
i haven’t played any since syndicate, but have played every one until that one.

how far does origins and odyssey change from the original series?
I know the actual fighting system is way different now, and relies on levelling skill trees rather than the more stealthy approach. Either way, I've played Origins and Odyssey and I loved the shit out of both of them. There's just something I enjoy about playing a fleshed out RPG (if that's what it is) and just really getting into the story line. The actual fighting and missions are proper fun too. The good thing too is they're generally fairly long games so you almost always get your moneys worth.

Odyssey has this cult mode where you need to discover who's running the cult one by one, unmasking them, and it's just a compelling story line, it's pretty fun to unmask them one by one. I hope they have a similar thing in mind for the upcoming game.

Also the map design is just spectacular, it's a fucking beautiful game.

Last edited:

Kimlo

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
Yeah absolutely.

I've played the last 4-5 AC games and I don't think they're tied in at all. Each game is a whole new story in its own right. There's some very small references to past games but nothing significant enough to make it a must do. I'd honestly say you can practically play them in any order and enjoy them.

Allo

NRL Captain
I may have been the only one, but I really enjoyed the current-day subplot and how it tied into the past. As they changed how you were able to participate in the past after AC3, it lost a lot of its punch, to the point where you may as well not have it as there was seemingly no payoff.

Regardless of how well or poorly implemented that part was, to see it essentially leave after the opening trilogy was disappointing

Harry Sack

State of Origin Captain
It's a tough split between AC2 and Black Flag for me. Running around Italy in 2 was just great though. I have Unity because it dropped for a free a little while ago but I just couldn't really get into it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Teak1983

Members online

Twitter