Gaming Thread

soup

State of Origin Captain
T’ba
I would weigh in and recommend Minecraft Dungeons. Essentially Diablo lite with the Minecraft aesthetic. Have been having a blast with our 3 and 5 yr old.

Simple game play, build choices are defined by gear and quite flexible. Drop in/drop out co-op with mob quantity scaling accordingly.

Despite the simplicity, it does touch on key systems and concepts from more complex titles. Kite bosses, burn the adds, don't stand in the fire. Prioritise mobs based on type (caster>ranged>melee). CC is king. Utilise choke points. Stack bonuses and synergies wherever possible.

Don't expect great depth but it's clearly designed for a younger audience and does so admirably.
He adores Minecraft, though only plays at a basic level so this sounds perfect. Thanks mate!

soup

State of Origin Captain
T’ba
We’ve been playing a lot of two player with LEGO Star Wars over the weekend. Pretty awesome games, the LEGO stuff. Super fun, pretty easy and works with controllers straight up.

Nashy

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
We’ve been playing a lot of two player with LEGO Star Wars over the weekend. Pretty awesome games, the LEGO stuff. Super fun, pretty easy and works with controllers straight up.
There is a Lego DLC on Forza 7. Worth a look.

Rally Towel

NRL Captain
He adores Minecraft, though only plays at a basic level so this sounds perfect. Thanks mate!
No worries.
If he digs the Lego games this should be right up his alley. Similar level of complexity and game play.

GCBRONCO

International Rep
Gold Coast
Since Epic Games are going the Steam route best to check them out regularly good chance of picking up some good titles for free.

Last edited:

Nashy

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
Since Epic Games are going the Steam route best to check them out regularly good chance of picking up some good titles for free.
When did this happen? Link??

Did you see EA have a few titles on there too? It's almost like these idiot companies think Steam is the best platform out there.

GCBRONCO

International Rep
Gold Coast
www.epicgames.com Create an account if you haven't got one, you will need the launcher too. It's really just started out so the library is a bit limited at this stage and pricewise nothing amazing, they have been giving away games every now and then to build up popularity. Can't say I have seen any EA games.

Last edited:

Nashy

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
Well they have their own launcher for their games and from other gaming companies that you can buy from their website or on the launcher.
Oh, Epic launcher has been around for a while. I thought you meant we were finally getting Epic games on Steam.

Epic's launcher is lame.

Super Freak

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
Ghost Recon: Breakpoint.

It's a good game, but for some reason I just can't seem to get into it as much as previous versions. I wouldn't say it's a great game.

The weapon level system is just fucking stupid.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.