Gaming Thread

Unbreakable

International Rep
Staff
🌏
Anyone into ARPG's like Diablo 3 and Path of Exile should pickup Torchlight 2 on epicgames.com for free atm.
D3 & PoE are 2 of my favourite games of all time, have played both for years. Can't wait for D4 (If Blizzard ever gets their act together..)

Rally Towel

NRL Captain
My covid isolation sees me working through Unchartered, 1 through 4 with The Last of Us2 as the desert.
Good choices, hope you've got a good deal of time on your hands though....

Uncharted 1 feels quite dated but still a fun jaunt if you persist. 2 is definitely the high point IMO, but I enjoyed my time throughout each instalment.

Still consider TLOU the gold standard, absolute classic. Just played through the second also.
Picked up the ghost of tshushima today
Pretty good game so far
Was going to kick off New Game + of TLOU 2 but jagged this today. About to load up. Keen!

Last edited:

Huge

State of Origin Captain
Ipswich
Good choices, hope you've got a good deal of time on your hands though....

Uncharted 1 feels quite dated but still a fun jaunt if you persist. 2 is definitely the high point IMO, but I enjoyed my time throughout each instalment.

Still consider TLOU the gold standard, absolute classic. Just played through the second also.
I got the three game remastered disc so not too bad. Tomb Raider was always my choice but I found there wasn't enough puzzle/ problem solving in the later games. Endless shooting bores me.

Rally Towel

NRL Captain
I got the three game remastered disc so not too bad. Tomb Raider was always my choice but I found there wasn't enough puzzle/ problem solving in the later games. Endless shooting bores me.
I wouldn't say there's a huge lot between the two in terms of balance between exploration and action.

Uncharted is the more engaging with the supporting cast that persists throughout.

Foordy

International Captain
Staff
so the XBOX Series X and XBOX Series S release on November 10.

the X will be $749 without trade
the S will be $499 without trade

just wondering if anyone is considering picking one of them up

Allo

State of Origin Rep

PlayStation 4 lyfe

(I am coming back to pc, but will never touch xbox, despite the shared platform)

Nashy

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane

Will probably talk myself into an X at some point. More interested in a new GPU.

Kimlo

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane

I'm taking advantage of EB trade in.

Trade in X for series X, $399 on top. I'll get it day 1.

Foordy

International Captain
Staff
I spoke to the guys at my local EB.

looks like i'll be able to get $165 trade in for my regular xbox one. ($150 plus an extra 10% for an eb world level 2 card).

has anyone traded in a console before ... do you guys do a factory reset, or trust those guys to do one

BroncosAlways

NRL Player
Home

looks like i'll be able to get $165 trade in for my regular xbox one. ($150 plus an extra 10% for an eb world level 2 card).

has anyone traded in a console before ... do you guys do a factory reset, or trust those guys to do one
I usually give it a reset before handing it in and double check, but I'm sure they'll do just as good of a job.
If it makes a difference for discount you can use my level 3 account, but no idea if it would even help much!

GCBRONCO

International Rep
Gold Coast
Been playing Marvel Avengers on pc, it's pretty good beat them up with some RPG elements but if your planning to pick it up I'd recommend just wait till it drops in price.

Morkel

International Captain
Staff
A story I'll post just for the lols

So I was having a particularly bad run on my normal FPS game, so much so that I was wondering if I'd been thrown in to some top-tier playing lobbies. It all clicked when I realised that when my team-mates were running alongside me on the left, I was hearing the footsteps on the right.

I don't know how, but somehow the fucking kids managed to swap the left & right audio. I could not figure out how to change it back, in fact google suggested the only way to do it was to use 3rd party software (which I don't have). In the end I had to uninstall all the audio drivers and re-install.

But anyway, I'd been hearing enemy footsteps from one side, turning to engage, and promptly been shot in the back for around a week straight.

Financeguy

QCup Player

Definitely reset it yourself before trading.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.