Gaming Thread

Kimlo

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
A story I'll post just for the lols

So I was having a particularly bad run on my normal FPS game, so much so that I was wondering if I'd been thrown in to some top-tier playing lobbies. It all clicked when I realised that when my team-mates were running alongside me on the left, I was hearing the footsteps on the right.

I don't know how, but somehow the fucking kids managed to swap the left & right audio. I could not figure out how to change it back, in fact google suggested the only way to do it was to use 3rd party software (which I don't have). In the end I had to uninstall all the audio drivers and re-install.

But anyway, I'd been hearing enemy footsteps from one side, turning to engage, and promptly been shot in the back for around a week straight.
That's beautiful

BroncosAlways

NRL Player
Home
Bit the bullet this morning and pre order the PS5 for release day, deliberating now whether to get a second controller or not. Can't wait!

Harry Sack

State of Origin Captain
Not sure about everyone else, but I'll be holding off on purchasing a new GPU at this point. Very keen to see what AMD offer up next month.

BroncosAlways

NRL Player
Home
Second controller is always good when the battery on the first is flat, plus you're going to play one game with a mate at some stage
Yeah that's my thinking too, most of my mates missed out on getting one for this year so might just get a second controller to bring them round.

How good does the PS collection look! Finally Sony.

Foordy

International Captain
Staff
EB games won't let you pre-order the xbox series x until Sep 22 for some reason online pre-order only

for the PS5 the allow you to pre-order now for a "2021 shipment"

Last edited:

Nashy

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
EB games won't let you pre-order the xbox series x until Sep 22 for some reason

for the PS5 the allow you to pre-order now for a "2021 delivery"
Microsoft controls pre-orders and the dates they can be taken. Pre-Order for Xbox is the 22nd worldwide.

Foordy

International Captain
Staff
I'm torn about whether to get the xbox series x or not.
i'm not sure how much the TV will affect the overall experience of the new gen consoles

the other issue i have is that my original controller isn't in the best shape. the 2 bumper buttons have come loose (although still attached) and if it isn't accepted i will lose some $$ of my trade in which will be $165 at best. i do have 2 other controllers (but not the original black ones) ... i'm hoping to keep those since apparently the xbox series x controllers will be backward compatible as well.

still a little time to make my decision

Foordy

International Captain
Staff
Yeah, kinda the price i expected and went with the disc version, don’t think i’m ready to go full digital yet with new release often cheaper on physical media.
i did have to laugh at xbox ... their new series s (which is the digital only console) has half the storage of the disc version

the rumour is tha ps5 adjusted the price of their systems after seeing what xbox released theirs for

Last edited:

Financeguy

QCup Player
i did have to laugh at xbox ... their new series s (which is the digital only console) has half the storage of the disc version

the rumour is tha ps5 adjusted the price of their systems after seeing what xbox released theirs for
Very possible, would have been hard for one of them to defend a price disadvantage over the other. Like i said and agree with Nashy, $750 is acceptable with a bit of room for discounting or bundling for half 2 next year.

I’m just glad i was lucky enough to be able to put through the pre order before they sold out or went to 2021 stock...seemed a bit of a mad rush this morning

Nashy

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane

Given how useless downloads are on Xbox, you'd nearly be at the next gen release by the time you could download enough to fill it.

Foordy

International Captain
Staff
So, I'm very tempted to pre-order the new xbox series x when i can on Tuesday ... but i'm wondering if my TV/Receiver (both of which are about 10 years old) will make it so i'm getting no better than my regular xbox one

my TV is an LG 60" plasma (full HD 1920 x 1080p)
my receiver (where i connect the xbox) says it is 1080p-compatible HDMI digital video switching (4 in, 1 out)

any of you techies out there have any thoughts on whether this stuff needs to be upgraded too.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.