Gaming Thread

Wolfie

State of Origin Captain
I've got so many games i've bought and havent even touched. Days gone and The Last of us 2 i found today. Warcraft, Rugby League Manager and football manager 2021 keep getting in the way.

Alec

International Rep
I'm guessing you haven't played the last few versions of the AC franchise
I've played Odyssey and Origins. I actually finished Origins when I seemed to have a lot of free time, but gave up on Odyssey after bandit camp #1123, looking at all the question marks, knowing I've got about a million more to go. I haven't played Valhalla, but from what I'm hearing it has even more busywork.

They could have made the worlds smaller but less copy and paste.

Allo

State of Origin Rep
Foordy Foordy and Alec Alec

I’ve played and finished 1,2,3,4, Rogue, Syndicate, and started but never got anywhere with Unity, Brotherhood or Revelations.

Just catching up now on Origins and Odyssey as I like the ancient history stuff.

I know these games are huge, to the point of laborious, but these last two seem ridiculous. I’m guessing Odyssey has conquering the entire Aegean, the Greek Peninsula and probably bits of Turkey.

to quote my dad: ‘Why are all your games just you running around everywhere?’

Foordy

International Captain
Staff
I tell you I'm loving AC Valhalla so far, may end up being my favourite of the franchise, BUT ...

Ubisoft massively FUCKED UP be releasing the game when they did (obviously to try and boost sales by releasing on the same day as the next gen consoles), the game simply wasn't ready.

Nashy

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
I tell you I'm loving AC Valhalla so far, may end up being my favourite of the franchise, BUT ...

Ubisoft massively FUCKED UP be releasing the game when they did (obviously to try and boost sales by releasing on the same day as the next gen consoles), the game simply wasn't ready.

In what way?

Big Pete

International Captain
Brisbane
Who else is picking up CyberPunk tomorrow? I didn't really get a lot out of the reviews beyond the game being buggy, but I expect that to be fixed over time. Otherwise it seemed like they only focused on the main campaign when the meat and potatos seem to be on everything else which was the main appeal of RDR2 for me.

Foordy

International Captain
Staff
]In what way?

most were minor bugs that could be over come by saving and reloading like:

your crew standing next to you and not helping to open a crate they needed to
your character no being able to move etc
you not being able to speak to someone you had to as part of a quest

there were reports of save game issue where games were being lost (i never experienced that, and i think it was patched (and not only AC releated))

then there was a major damn near game breaking bug, (i'll use spoiler tags but try not to give too much away)

in the Storming the Walls mission
after you finish your assault of the castle, a cut scene is supposed to play but nothing happens)

after researching, i try many things to force the game to continue, eventually succeeding, like:

travelling back to Norway then making my way back to the church; selecting a different quest then switching back. eventually moved forward after i fast travelled back to the settlement, then fast travelled to a location close to the church and getting in the longship to travel the rest of the way, got into the church fired an arrow and the cutscene finally played

there are 3 lead in quests to this assault and from what i've seen online, this bug happens if you do the Basim quest 3rd ... It seems like you need to do it first to avoid the bug

Foordy

International Captain
Staff
Who else is picking up CyberPunk tomorrow? I didn't really get a lot out of the reviews beyond the game being buggy, but I expect that to be fixed over time. Otherwise it seemed like they only focused on the main campaign when the meat and potatos seem to be on everything else which was the main appeal of RDR2 for me.

I'll be picking it up ... was undecided but the game looks pretty good.

i did have a laugh though at the developers going to all the trouble to add a extensive character customization suite (to the point where you can even apparently customize your genitals) for a game that is almost entirely played in the first person

Nashy

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
most were minor bugs that could be over come by saving and reloading like:

your crew standing next to you and not helping to open a crate they needed to
your character no being able to move etc
you not being able to speak to someone you had to as part of a quest

there were reports of save game issue where games were being lost (i never experienced that, and i think it was patched (and not only AC releated))

then there was a major damn near game breaking bug, (i'll use spoiler tags but try not to give too much away)

in the Storming the Walls mission
after you finish your assault of the castle, a cut scene is supposed to play but nothing happens)

after researching, i try many things to force the game to continue, eventually succeeding, like:

travelling back to Norway then making my way back to the church; selecting a different quest then switching back. eventually moved forward after i fast travelled back to the settlement, then fast travelled to a location close to the church and getting in the longship to travel the rest of the way, got into the church fired an arrow and the cutscene finally played

there are 3 lead in quests to this assault and from what i've seen online, this bug happens if you do the Basim quest 3rd ... It seems like you need to do it first to avoid the bug

I probably didn't play long enough to have any issues. I did notice the dumb shit once or twice not helping me open the chests though.

Alec

International Rep
Playing Ghost of Tsushima... it's pretty much Assassin's Creed Japan. I'm getting kinda bored of it about 10 hours in already.

Kimlo

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
That's exactly the kind of game I won't buy at launch. I'll buy in 3+ months down the track when all the BS bugs have been sorted. Buying launch day is just not worth it IMO.

Renegade

State of Origin Rep
I've got so many games i've bought and havent even touched. Days gone and The Last of us 2 i found today. Warcraft, Rugby League Manager and football manager 2021 keep getting in the way.
Once I'm upto speed on fm21 I'll fight you 1v1.

Playing since cm2 days... but I have rdr2 to finish first.

I think my "secret santa" is getting me cyberpunk for xmas so happy to wait a few weeks for now.

Last edited:

Rally Towel

NRL Captain
I'm with you. Copy on pre-order. Reviews have been pretty positive, sounds like a pretty engaging experience with a ton of choices in build and story. I'm prepared to take a little bugginess at launch if it delivers otherwise.

That said I'm loving Demon Souls as it is so I may push on with that before really digging into Night City.
Playing Ghost of Tsushima... it's pretty much Assassin's Creed Japan. I'm getting kinda bored of it about 10 hours in already.
I enjoyed GoT but I hear you. The aesthetics and game play were great but there's not a lot going on beneath that glossy veneer. Admittedly played straight after Last of Us 2, but I rarely found myself invested in any of the characters or storylines.

Kimlo

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
Have sunk 100 hours into Valhalla, awesome game. Yes it's long and could be called laborious but I find it part of the charm. I go through and sync every vantage point, clear every raid, before I even start the main story. It's such a visually beautiful game that exploring the map is part of the fun.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Billd0856

Members online

Twitter