GC17 - LOL

The AFL missed the boat with the Gold Coast.. They need to wait a while now before they put a team on the coast.

good news. i live next to carrara stadium so when the titans were playing there, it was a nightmare to go anywhere or get home on those days. so **** having afl dicks yelling stuff about white maggots outside my house.

Hey pennywise: may need to re-read the article. They're now talking about redeveloping Carrara. They were previously talking about building a new stadium but they're giving up that idea due to lack of funding.

Blessing in disguise I reckon - Gold Coast sport has a history of being pretty shit in general. The Titans look to have really set the region in a new direction, but are they ready for another team? NO!!! I suppose the A-League team will be OK because they have a decent home ground, but Carrara is shit and needs more than $20m to make it half decent!!!

The AFL IMO just saw that the NRL had a good idea so decided to jump on the boat. Fools.

oh awesome. im moving lol.

Jebadude said:
The AFL IMO just saw that the NRL had a good idea so decided to jump on the boat. Fools.

Yep, they have been considering night time GF's and Monday Night Football as well. For all their rhetoric about being 150 years old and a sport made by Aussies for Aussies they sure do a lot of following.

Even IF (and thats a big if) I was a fan of AFL and wanted to follow a Gold Coast side, going to Carrara Stadium is too high a price to pay to go to that POS stadium and it would only take about 5 minutes from my place by car to get to the stadium. The only way they could make it even worthwhile to go watch them play is to tear down the stadium completely and build another. Only the Broncos were enough to make me want to go there and that shows my loyality to the club icon_thumbs_u

only time i ever felt atmosphere at carrara was when brazils olympic football team played the brisbane strikers. ronaldinho carved. and the brazillian crowd was awesome.

Active Now

• TonyTheJugoslav
  • Mum-the-meatloaf
  • bb_gun
  • Jason Simmons
  • Harry Sack
  • GCBRONCO
  • Tmac
  • winslow_wong
  • Broncosgirl
  • Wolfie
  • IceWorks
  • Brocko
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.