CRICKET General Cricket Discussion - 2023/24

The other guy who is having an excellent season very quietly but very impressively is Sean Abbott.

I just realised, Pucovski is effectively 438* after the last two innings. Stunning!

Most SS runs between dismissals.

Simpson 545
Bradman 517
Jones 510
Bradman 499
Bradman 479
Puckovski 438*

Dene Hills was the last batsmen to get two 200 in a row in SS 1997/1998.

205 against Victoria and 265 against SA. 1132 runs for the season.

Great guy and works under Langer now as performance analyst.

Last edited:
Pucovski 193*

Putting my 2 monitors to good use this morning

Untitled

Pucovski has to be opener first test, he is such a complete player against pace. He hasn't really come up against any decent spinners thus far this season but hey, as an opener in Australia, this isn't a huge issue.

I haven't got much work done this last half an hour with Renshaw's ton, Pucovski's 200, Pierson into the 90s and Silk standing tall while everyone around him implodes.

He's out!

What a wonderful couple of innings from Will, enjoy a well earned rest now before the first test lad.

Jordan with a Silky ton in a game where not many other batsmen has been able to score double figures. This is a great innings.

WA go to lunch at 2/20, both openers gone. Green will bat after lunch, strap in all.

Shaun Marsh is a run machine at the moment, unluckily for him the Test top 5 looks to be pretty set in stone with Pucovski & Head scoring plenty of runs and Warner, Labuschagne & Smith being our best 3 batsmen.

Shaun Marsh is a run machine at the moment, unluckily for him the Test top 5 looks to be pretty set in stone with Pucovski & Head scoring plenty of runs and Warner, Labuschagne & Smith being our best 3 batsmen.

I think Green will be rushed in at 6 instead of Wade, I just have a feeling that they will want him in there. It is hard to ignore a gun allrounder who happens to be very good with the bat.

I think Green will be rushed in at 6 instead of Wade, I just have a feeling that they will want him in there. It is hard to ignore a gun allrounder who happens to be very good with the bat.

I hope so. The sooner we get Pucovski & Green in there and leave them there the better off we'll be. Imagine how good we'll be in 3-4 years once they've found their feet and guys like Labuschagne & Head hit their prime. (28-32 seem to be the prime years for batsmen nowadays)

I think Pucovski & Green will get into the squad. Don't think they will get into the 11. The future is looking bright though :).

Apparently the selectors have suggested they will pick a squad of 17 and did I read somewhere Hazlewood is injured? I'll assume he isn't anyway and I reckon the squad will be something like:

1. Warner
2. Pucovski
3. Labushagne
4. Smith
5. Head
6. Green
7. Wade (back up keeper)
8. Harris/S.Marsh

9. Paine

10. Cummns
11. Hazlewood
12. Starc
13. Pattinson
14. Neser
15. Abbott

16. Lyon
17. Swepson

Active Now

• Stix
  • jd87
  • Johnny92
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Battler
  • Mustafur
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Fitzy
  • GCBRONCO
  • Sproj
  • Organix
  • Culhwch
  • Morkel
  • BRC088
  • BroncosAlways
  • Bish
  • FACTHUNT
  • bazza
  • big k
  • RolledOates
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.