CRICKET General Cricket Discussion - 2023/24

What an incredibly bizarre scorecard in the NSW vs TAS game.

NSW bowled out for 64 in the first innings.. 2/292 in the second innings??

What an incredibly bizarre scorecard in the NSW vs TAS game.

NSW bowled out for 64 in the first innings.. 2/292 in the second innings??

Kind of like Australia vs England not that long ago.

Man, anyone see Larkin just get out? Poor guy, that is one of the weirdest dismissals I've ever seen.

How amazing is it to have a gun genuine all rounder who is a great bat coming through in Green and a gun bowling all rounder coming through in Sutherland! I love watching Sutherland bowl, reminds me so much of McGrath / Hazlewood, he is always at the batsman.

At what point does Inglis start to threaten Paine's place in the Aussie team? Two big tons in the Shield this year.

At what point does Inglis start to threaten Paine's place in the Aussie team? Two big tons in the Shield this year.

Two tons and a 50, I've been extremely impressed with him. I think he's surpassed Carey in the pecking order, he'd have to be 2nd in line behind Paine now for the Test keeper spot, assuming Wade is done keeping.

Kinda hoping that Paine retires after this Summer tbh, I love the bloke, but his batting really isn't up to par.

Abbott is putting together an excellent season too, shame he is being overshadowed somewhat by the seasons Neser, Green, Pucovski, Swepson are having.

Thoughts on this side for the Ashes next year? @Sproj

1. Warner
2. Pucovski
3. Labuschagne
4. Smith (c)
5. Head (vc)
6. Green
7. Inglis (wk)
8. Cummins
9. Starc
10. Hazlewood / J.Richardson
11. Lyon / Swepson

Abbott gets his first ever first class ton - well done lad!

1. Warner
2. Pucovski
3. Labuschagne
4. Smith (c)
5. Head (vc)
6. Green
7. Inglis (wk)
8. Cummins
9. Starc
11. Lyon / Swepson

Yep love it and I reckon if there aren't injuries, that is odds on to be the side. I'd think though Cummins will be VC.

Kohli is returning to India after the first test and won’t return.

How amazing is it to have a gun genuine all rounder who is a great bat coming through in Green and a gun bowling all rounder coming through in Sutherland! I love watching Sutherland bowl, reminds me so much of McGrath / Hazlewood, he is always at the batsman.
Yeah, pretty cool to have Cummins/Starc/Hazlewood and then throw the ball to the 205cm 4th pacer and Lyon.

1. Warner
2. Pucovski
3. Labuschagne
4. Smith (c)
5. Head (vc)
6. Green
7. Inglis (wk)
8. Cummins
9. Starc
11. Lyon / Swepson
Looks great. I think we’re back.

We have some depth too

1. Burns
  2. Harris
  3. Patterson
  4. Wade
  5. Handscomb
  6. Renshaw
  7. Carey
  8. Neser/Abbott
  9. Pattinson
  10. Richardson
  11. Swepson

Interesting point on Paine stepping aside after this summer. I am personally in the camp that he needs to go but I think there will be plenty that call for him to stay.

However, I think the better question is has enough water gone under the bridge for Steve Smith to regain the test captaincy?

I think it'll be one of the big media talking points in coming months.

Interesting point on Paine stepping aside after this summer. I am personally in the camp that he needs to go but I think there will be plenty that call for him to stay.

However, I think the better question is has enough water gone under the bridge for Steve Smith to regain the test captaincy?

I think it'll be one of the big media talking points in coming months.

I think he's already regained the trust of the public and more importantly the playing group, another Summer of quality performances and he'll have to be the favourite to take over from Paine.

Active Now

• Allo
  • Redux
  • Behold
  • Porthoz
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Bish
  • Skathen
  • Foordy
  • Mr Fourex
  • Accept
  • ChewThePhatt
  • bazza
  • Hurrijo
  • Pablo
  • winslow_wong
  • NSW stables
  • Battler
  • Brocko
... and 9 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.