CRICKET General Cricket Discussion - 2023/24

Wreaks a little of the white anting that took place here with Bennett...
- Moving on the existing coach in an extremely messy fashion with constant leaks to the media and weak statements from the CEO and board
- Board being silent in the background but seemingly having made their decision long ago
- CEO having to front up to the media to justify the decisions

It's all very business world when sport is a different beast.

The differences being that JL was successful when being pushed out whereas Bennett seemed to have been peaking with the playing group .... also the playing group were fully behind Bennett, whereas the cricket team dont seem to be for JL

It will be interesting to see how this goes results wise... is it a clique within the playing group or was it basically all of them.

Will the grass be greener with whoever they put in...

NOTE I'm not posting this to rehash the Bennett sacking... that has absolutely been done to death... I'm posting in regards to CA and an apparent white anting and how that may play out for what has been a successful team over the last few years.

Will they fall like the Broncos did under Seibold... or will the playing group move on because they all hated the coach.

I think it is actually more like what happened at the Titans with Neil Henry (although not as extreme)

senior players basically forced his hand

I think it is actually more like what happened at the Titans with Neil Henry (although not as extreme)

senior players basically forced his hand
Yeah true... I guess I was just thinking how this one is being played out corporate world style similar to what occurred with the Broncos.

Broncos tried to put corporate gloss over everything to try and justify the decisions... performance reviews, coaching interviews, etc. but it was basically a charade to move the coach on and bring in the shiny new toy

We had been making the finals so our seasons were still successful from a performance perspective, but the board had to somehow justify moving him on.

I think titans kind of justified his sacking based on a poor performing team or something wasnt it??

I thought they were going alright, but perhaps they were missing finals, etc. which is a pretty easy justification to part ways. The media didnt really care all that much about the sacking (probably because it's only the titans)... whereas for the Broncos it was extremely messy and played out almost entirely in the media... with the CEO constantly fronting up to the media to hose down rumours (only for those rumours to be correct).

Rumours of sacking JL have been around for ages and statements from CA have been pretty weak to defend the coach and hose them down... only for him to now be removed

Anderson and Broad, Hameed, Burns, Malan and Buttler have all been dropped from England's test squad for West Indies.

The bats I understand but Broad and Anderson both performed far better than they have in the past. It was hardly the bowlers fault the batsmen sucked in the Ashes.

Bit harsh on Malan he started the series well

Bit harsh on Malan he started the series well

Yeah he did but he finished it poorly and he is not a young guy just starting out. That top order needed a broom taken to it to be fair.

Hmmm....too hot to be in the field?

Dunno about this bloke........maybe he should have chosen another sport to play.

Cummins has finally broken his silence confirming player power was responsible for JL's downfall

Is there a reason Pucovski didn't open Vic's second innings?

He’s left the ground and gone home. Can’t be there. He’s mentally shattered.

Sucks for the guy but the concussions have reached meme-level. It's over

Yep time to give it away, blokes gonna concuss himself putting his sunnies on.

Neser out of the Pakistan tour, Skek to replace. I think we are taking too many quicks on that tour, especially considering we may only play 2 quicks per test.

Unread

Active Now

• mrslong
  • FACTHUNT
  • teampjta
  • Porthoz
  • Fitzy
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Jedhead
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.