CRICKET General Cricket Discussion - 2023/24

Yeah that's a weird one, massive edge too, that's crazy.
It just seems crazy... Ump is bringing the arm up to give him out, but old mate just stands there so he sends it up for the review.

There's the wicket keeping costing one....

I'm not really sure the point you are trying to make now but I am enjoying the conversation. I think the batsmen are coming through, we just need to be patient and most players probably don't debut/consistently get spots at test level these days until they are about 25 or even older. You do get the exceptions of course with the likes of Cummins, Green, etc but they are few and far between and are generally showing something exceptional.

This is a reason I think Pucovski is so important, he is the one guy consistently putting up scores when available, though 'when available' is less often than it should be. Then, I think the next best group are keepers or all rounders but even then, how many are actually really performing consistently?

Phillippe looks like he is starting to become more consistent. I really rate Inglis as both a bat and gloveman, he'd be in the next two or three in line, even as a batsman. Sangha looks like he SHOULD be consistent but he just isn't sadly, hopefully he will be eventually. Hardie looks the part and he is starting to put a record together, so get him around the squad but not playing unless one of the guys in the top 7 warrants dropping which currently, none of them do.

So after all this back and forth, basically the only batsman you could argue that could replace Head really is Maxwell and he is in the squad but even then, he hasn't played FC in like 3/4/5 years? Would he do better than Head given those factors?
Aaron Hardie in my books is generational and is probably another good Sheffield shield season away from being impossible to leave out, 50 average and 32 wickets at an average of 25.34 at 23 years old is exceptional. I would have full faith in Hardie playing at the back end of the middle order already.

Josh Phillipe I rate so highly since fixing his technique and in red ball cricket I have as a batter. Not getting above Head but he realistically is in our top bunch of batters and needs to be close to getting a look in if we are serious about contingency and don’t want to find ourselves in the same position as 2018. It takes 1 bad series and a brain explosion for this team to be in a shambles and that’s been proven before. We are arguably in a more dangerous position now then when that happened. Yet again I would have faith in Josh at test level to get the job done.

Jason I don’t rate at all I just added cause I would be shocked if we don’t see him play for Australia in the next 2-3 years the writing is just on the wall. He is a NSW player as well which helps for him. He has been the face of the next generation for a while and every time he gets a good score the world knows about it.

Glenn is just Glenn. I don’t think I value a player more in the Australian set up than him. Good leader, great batter, fielder, does the job with the ball and is so reliable. For mine he has proven he has the skill and quality to transfer results into red ball cricket with limited time playing it at domestic level. I think he has the 6 role written all over his face in the sub continent

This isn’t strictly Head needs replacing. Travis Head plays 100% of the time in Australia and probably anywhere outside the sub continent where even then I wouldn’t choose many over him. He has deserved that right to try and resurrect that average. But at the end of the day 25 isn’t good enough. If Maxwell or Hardie for that matter was played above him next game (for Maxi) and further in India or England over the next 12 months I won’t be complaining or arguing they have been dishonouring the coveted baggy green at all. But in saying that if Travis switches his head on there are few that are better than him in the world let alone the team. I am definitely not anti Travis I am anti the position this team is heading towards in the coming years if we chuck in a bunch of untried players when they don’t have the experienced blokes to hold there hand anymore. Cameron Green has the perfect cv but even he struggles to turn the decent scores into monster scores and he in my books has even been amazing for us. Not that this is a issue at all. But if your Warners, Smiths and Khawaja’s aren’t there and your bowling attack isn’t as good we can’t have untried and inexperienced blokes at the forefront of our runs tally. Can’t have a group like that. As such when Head has an average of 25 overseas the odd game I have no hesitancy of giving someone else a run especially when there can be tactical advantages in Hardie and Maxi’s case.

That’s the crux of what my argument is built upon. You don’t want to agree with that, than be my guest.

Almost all the recognised batsmen gone and they are still in deficit

This looks plumb... I must be missing something.

Nope all reds... ump must've had his eyes closed when he bowled that one

This is amazing by Head, he is bowling grenades.

Surprised there aren't more fielders around the bat

might be an innings victory at this rate 😲😲😲

Active Now

• bert_lifts
  • Broncorob
  • matthewransom34@ic
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.