CRICKET General Cricket Discussion - 2023/24

I just read Channel 7 is trying to sever their agreement with Cricket Australia. That could get interesting for televising the cricket this summer on free to air.

I just read Channel 7 is trying to sever their agreement with Cricket Australia. That could get interesting for televising the cricket this summer on free to air.
I don’t want them to have it anymore. Some of the comments they are making about cricketers, they don’t deserve the right to be televising it. Lachlan Pfeffer, Jack Clayton and Will Prestwidge have been embarrassed. All 3 of them are professional players. Pfeffer has for a while, Jack Clayton scored a ton on debut in shield and Will Prestwidge is 19 and a very bright prospect in Australian Cricket in one of the biggest cricketing families in Australia. Absolute slander of a group of professionals who are deemed an inferior product. 3 blokes I enjoyed watching the most that season. Jack Clayton got me hugely excited in both the big bash and shield cricket. Will a 19 year old quick bowler, decent with the bat was enjoyable to watch. Lachlan Pfeffer batted superbly in the big bash and snagged a permanent spot for a number of games. This is complete and utter bullshit and just disrespectful.

I don’t want them to have it anymore. Some of the comments they are making about cricketers, they don’t deserve the right to be televising it. Lachlan Pfeffer, Jack Clayton and Will Prestwidge have been embarrassed. All 3 of them are professional players. Pfeffer has for a while, Jack Clayton scored a ton on debut in shield and Will Prestwidge is 19 and a very bright prospect in Australian Cricket in one of the biggest cricketing families in Australia. Absolute slander of a group of professionals who are deemed an inferior product. 3 blokes I enjoyed watching the most that season. Jack Clayton got me hugely excited in both the big bash and shield cricket. Will a 19 year old quick bowler, decent with the bat was enjoyable to watch. Lachlan Pfeffer batted superbly in the big bash and snagged a permanent spot for a number of games. This is complete and utter bullshit and just disrespectful.

I don't know anything about this, do you have a link to any articles? I agree about Clayton, looks a future gun.

Seven want out and I get that they feel that they're not getting $500 million worth of cricket. Everyone else has been saying the BBL lacks stars and those people complaining didn't pay $500 million for it. So if I dropped half a billion I'd be saying it too.

The fact CA have now introduced a draft and have Faf means they agree too something had to be done.

Having said that- it's been pretty hard to get value for money broadcasting any sport the last two years.

We've never taken T20 seriously and it starts with the BBL and the scheduling, more often than not the competition is running right as we have our home test series taking place, that right there rules out at least a dozen top liners

Nobody was more shocked than I was when we won the T20 world cup

Pretty nuts. The day started with Aust in their first innings and is over before lunch.

When Travis Head came on to bowl I was saying "what are you thinkin Patty ? " Then nek minute !

Seven want out and I get that they feel that they're not getting $500 million worth of cricket. Everyone else has been saying the BBL lacks stars and those people complaining didn't pay $500 million for it. So if I dropped half a billion I'd be saying it too.

The fact CA have now introduced a draft and have Faf means they agree too something had to be done.

Having said that- it's been pretty hard to get value for money broadcasting any sport the last two years.

7 saying they were sold an IPL grade product .
BBL hasn`t delivered . IPL has big dollar salary cap and an auction . BBL does not . Also tighter caps on foreign players restricted stars in the competition .

Pretty amazing hundred from Pant. It's already his 4th and he's been out in the nineties 6 times lol

Keen to see if England try to go at 5 rpo against Bumrah and co

Broad just went for 35 off an over - the most expensive in test cricket history

It was against Bumrah too haha
Nice... time to go hunt it down, rewind the live stream and watch it in all its glory

He got away with a waist high delivery which probably should have been called a no ball too
Found it and it was fucking glorious 😍😍😍

He almost stepped on his wicket as well haha

Cheering for England tonight, should be a good finish either way

This method of all out attack seems to be working. Especially chasing

This method of all out attack seems to be working. Especially chasing

It is also pretty much the third test in a row England have made a really good fist of chasing a big fourth innings total. Bairstow is in rare form.

Active Now

• Santa
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Fozz
  • Strop
  • Mustafur
  • broncos4life
  • Broncosgirl
  • Dash
  • Behind enemy lines
  • azza.79
  • kat00
  • TimWhatley
  • Culhwch
  • Lurker
  • Big Del
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Tmac
  • Foordy
  • broncsgoat
... and 12 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.