CRICKET General Cricket Discussion - 2023/24

Any of you following the cricket in the Commonwealth Games?

Can't say I know much about the squads, but Australia are taking on NZ in T20 Semi today. What are their chances of winning?

Any of you following the cricket in the Commonwealth Games?

Can't say I know much about the squads, but Australia are taking on NZ in T20 Semi today. What are their chances of winning?

Australia is the best team in the world by far. Even in game 1, India had the Aussies 4/5 and then 6 down for not that many and the girls still won comfortably. They are the T20 world champs and unbeaten in the format for ages. It would be a monumental upset for them to lose.

Tell you what, they cut it fucking close.

There were only 3 balls left when they came up with the winning run.

Interesting Tahlia McGrath is playing the gold medal match even though she tested positive for COVID.

Suck a big fat one India

Epic choke losing 8 wickets for like 40 runs

We win gold

Onya girls.

That was a tense finish. Good bowling from Schutt to break up that Kaur/Rodrigues partnership. Australia would have been screwed if she didn't.

The wheels fell off there for India, some silly running between the wickets cost them for sure

There's something about Indian cricket that just causes them to crumble on the big stage, even in the Men's team their only real success in a knockout tournament was a home ground advantage under MS Dhoni

Interesting Tahlia McGrath is playing the gold medal match even though she tested positive for COVID.

They were talking about this on Offsiders, COVID is rife among the athletes and plenty are competing with it. They will only withdraw if they're feeling sick.

There are zero Covid restrictions in England, Covid is viewed the same as the flu now.

The wheels fell off there for India, some silly running between the wickets cost them for sure

Do India just always crack under the pressure? From my understanding, this isn't the first time in the past few years they have failed to take advantage of their momentum and couldn't go on with it in a final.

They were going great guns there with Kaur and Rodrigues, well on their way to winning the Gold. Once that partnership was broken up, they went to shit.

But then they were let back in it by Alana King with some poor bowling with the 5 wides and being smashed for boundaries. They were in a great position again and only needed one more boundary to get their noses in front in the x runs from x balls tally, but they couldn't maintain that pressure and crumbled with some poor batting and decision making.

It was chaos compared to the Aussies who were very calm and composed when in the same position against NZ in the SF. They didn't panic and just stick to what they had been doing the whole tournament and they got there in the end.

There are zero Covid restrictions in England, Covid is viewed the same as the flu now.

I wonder how long until it's the same here. It's going to get there, it's just a matter of when.

The BBL is a doomed competition.

There are new UAE and South Africa leagues starting at basically the same time. They are offering more money and already, most of the overseas big names who come to Aus have signed on, so the BBL will have very little overseas star power. The Heat suck anyway but they will be without Mujeeb, Banton and Duckett at least who have all signed on to other leagues. They might get a week or two for the BBL team at the start of the tournament at most.

On top of that, the big name Australian players are apparently annoyed because they are not allowed to go play elsewhere and so are essentially forced to play for much less than they can earn elsewhere.

Additionally, Chris Lynn has signed on to one of these tournaments and despite not having a BBL team contract, he is likely going to be blocked by Cricket Australia because they are his home board and can do that.

This is a death knell for the comp unless something drastic changes.

What a joke this series against Zimbabwe is! Australia is only playing 4 genuine batsman with 6 all rounders and a spinner...they are still crushing them. Not that I would expect any different with a normal balanced team but just goes to show how far the lower tier nations are behind the big boys but also shows a bit of disrespect on our part that we aren't really taking them seriously.

I know Zimbabwe have to start somewhere if they want to get more game time against the big nations but this shows they just aren't able to compete with what they have currently. Not sure what the solution is

What a joke this series against Zimbabwe is! Australia is only playing 4 genuine batsman with 6 all rounders and a spinner...they are still crushing them. Not that I would expect any different with a normal balanced team but just goes to show how far the lower tier nations are behind the big boys but also shows a bit of disrespect on our part that we aren't really taking them seriously.

I know Zimbabwe have to start somewhere if they want to get more game time against the big nations but this shows they just aren't able to compete with what they have currently. Not sure what the solution is

I'm not actually sure this isn't what Australia views as its best team now. They have kind of gone the England route with this side. England started as an experimental side and that experimental side became comfortably the best team in the world for some time there.

Active Now

• winslow_wong
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Morkel
  • Sproj
  • NSW stables
  • Mick_Hancock
  • GCBRONCO
  • johnny plath
  • Rambstien
  • Mr Fourex
  • bert_lifts
  • Thelmus
  • Astro
  • Foordy
  • Alec
  • Fatboy
  • Santa
  • Harry Sack
  • ChewThePhatt
... and 8 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.