CRICKET General Cricket Discussion - 2023/24

It’s never sad when NSW are embarrassed, no matter what the sport.
Well it is but it isn’t. I never wanted NSW to win. More so I would have rathered watch WA score 300 in the first innings and let some of NSW’s fringe Aussie bowlers pick up some wickets. Then in the second innings WA could rail NSW. At the minute I couldn’t care less about who wins the games I just want to see as many domestic players in red hot form cause we have a lot of players retiring in the coming years and it’s time the domestic players pull there fingers out a bit. So when I’m watching I really don’t like that NSW shitting the bed ruined the chance for some good players to play well who are in form and grab the selectors attention.

Every game There will be a focus group of players who can push there way into Aussie contention. In that game it was:

WA’s batters: Phillipe, Short, Whiteman (more so FC), Turner, Cartwright and Hardie (more so FC but still possible)

WA’s Bowlers: Richardson, Tye, Behrendorff and Hardie (again)

NSW’s Bowlers: Abbot, Sams, Dwarshius, Lyon (not so much for one dayers)

NSW’s Batters: K Patterson, Sangha

Teague Wyllie maiden FC century 👀 @Sproj

Amazing result considering the pitch has been pretty tricky for batsman this game. But he was patient and class in the way he brought it up. 100 like that is very important considering Green, Inglis and Agar are to return. Agar will be less of an issue but the other 2 are considering before this knock he wasn’t in the best 11. Also have Mitch Marsh and I think Shaun still to contend with. Will be interesting to watch over the coming weeks and months.

And man, how good is WA cricket at the moment!

in terms of the other guys returning, I could see Marsh being pushed to open instead of Bancroft or Whiteman who both really suck in order to allow Wyllie to get more games.

Full strength, WA is something like:
1. Bancroft
2. S.Marsh
3. Wyllie
4. Green
5. Inglis
6. Phillipe
7. Stoinis
8. Hardie
9. Richardson
10. Agar
11. Paris

M.Marsh isn’t even making the starting team! And they have four genuine all rounders really in Green, Hardie, Stoinis and Paris. Could probably even add Richardson to that.

Fanning on debut shouldn't be ignored; Warriors were in massive trouble two down and he comes in and steadies with 32 off 161.

Geez, lets hope we still have Test cricket in the future so these young blokes have a platform.

Fanning on debut shouldn't be ignored; Warriors were in massive trouble two down and he comes in and steadies with 32 off 161.

Very Bryce Street-like innings.

Youngest Shield 100

Jackson 17 years and 97 days-26/27-100
Walters 18 years and 9 days-63/64-109
Ponting 18 years and 40 days-92/93-125
Handrickan 18 years and 43 days-77/78-113
Alexander 18 years and 112 days-26/27-133
Chappell 18 years and 159 days-67/68-104
Wyllie 18 years and 163 days-22/23-104

Full strength, WA is something like:
1. Bancroft
2. S.Marsh
3. Wyllie
4. Green
5. Inglis
6. Phillipe
7. Stoinis
8. Hardie
9. Richardson
10. Agar
11. Paris

M.Marsh isn’t even making the starting team! And they have four genuine all rounders really in Green, Hardie, Stoinis and Paris. Could probably even add Richardson to that.
Stoinis won’t be playing red ball with the team that stacked. Can drop everyone down one and chuck Whiteman back in at opener who has been decent the past 12 months or add Mitch back into it because there is no way CA will sit around a let an Australia A player not get selected for a first class team. But really I can’t really see a period where they will have a full side anytime soon.

Mayers for WI might have just hit the most exquisitely timed 6 in the history of cricket. My goodness, that was beautiful.

I don't understand dropping Smith and Finch at 4. Do the right thing and retire so Green can be added to the WC side.

Alrighty, let's see what Green does here, hopefully you gets a few away.

Active Now

• Midean
  • Xzei
  • Wolfie
  • Volvo Driver
  • GCBRONCO
  • broncs30
  • Rookie Alan
  • Strop
  • Battler
  • Gaz
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Broncorob
  • Justwin
  • Brotherdu
  • Spooky1013
  • westy316
  • winslow_wong
  • Galah
  • kman
... and 42 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.