CRICKET General Cricket Discussion - 2023/24

Henry Hunt scores 97* off 326 balls to salvage a draw for SA against VIC, had 2 balls remaining in the game to go for the ton but Handscomb offered the handshake because VIC needed 3 more wickets and had no chance of winning.

Bit of a dog act imo, surely you give him the last 2 balls to go for it haha.

Henry Hunt scores 97* off 326 balls to salvage a draw for SA against VIC, had 2 balls remaining in the game to go for the ton but Handscomb offered the handshake because VIC needed 3 more wickets and had no chance of winning.

Not surprised with Handscum

It’s disappointing he couldn’t get the 100 but it will still stand out to the selectors. Well done to shake off that 3 off a heap to turn around get 97* and secure SA some points for the draw

He's awesome. Faced more balls the last three years than anyone in the Shield.

In fairness to Victoria- SA scored 20 off the last 16 overs. They had time to get runs if they wanted three runs. It was 6pm that's it.

I know the bowlers are rested and it's a good pitch but England just have our number in T20's. Keen to see how we go about chasing a massive total though.

I know the bowlers are rested and it's a good pitch but England just have our number in T20's. Keen to see how we go about chasing a massive total though.
Can’t really say that when we are running our second bowling lineup. Just fucking stupid team management that you play England straight into form first game on an Aussie deck when all previous visits have been a nightmare. May as well have just signed away any chance of us beating them if we run into them in the World Cup.

Sweppo trying to play himself off the Aus bench... so he can actually play some cricket this summer

Good finish to not go 220+. Ellis 5 rpo next best 9.75.

Hunt is the first to face 300 or more balls in the fourth innings of a drawn SS game since Marsh in 1985. Second opener in Shield history to carry his bat.

He's proven he can face balls and scored three hundreds last season just got to get that 100 count up from six and his average just on 40- need that up another 7 or so to really show he's a potential Test player.

Hunt is the first to face 300 or more balls in the fourth innings of a drawn SS game since Marsh in 1985. Second opener in Shield history to carry his bat.

He's proven he can face balls and scored three hundreds last season just got to get that 100 count up from six and his average just on 40- need that up another 7 or so to really show he's a potential Test player.

As long as the average is on an upward trajectory, that is fine with me. The reality is, Australia is going to need two openers very, very soon and Hunt right now is the one putting his hand up to stand out from the pack. The other of course is more because of what he can be if he isn't injured every second innings in Pucovski. That innings yesterday was pure class against a very decent bowling attack.

Thought Warner was good last night but fair dinkum, he gets through that last ball of Wood's allotted 4 overs and we probably win the game, he had to have known it was going to get a lot easier.

Then some of our hitting at the end, a few of those ones where we got caught in the deep were regulation slot hits.

Seriously baffling why they would play England into form game 1 with a beta bowling line up.

McDonald hasn’t been coach for very long but everything he has done so far is so underwhelming. Why couldn’t they have just kept Langer for the next 18 important months and then let the players have there way. Even then you don’t go promote the assistant when you have 2 world cups and an away ashes in 18 months of his hire.

Really painful to watch the results the team has chucked up since he has been signed. I don’t really care about the t20’s and England in my opinion are better than us so this isn’t so much this series but it really points out what better coaching and man management could accomplish. Off all the series I can think of since McDonald has come in. Up until the two t29 series against India and England in the past month, every single mother fucken game we should have played we should have won so god damn convincingly, but that was not the case. Like we lost to Zimbabwe for gods sakes. I don’t have much tolerance for that.

To important of a period for someone like Andrew McDonald to be coach. A new generation coming through and don’t really want him at the helm.

Also this stunt by the players have put anyone of actual notoriety with CA in their bad books. Nobody wants to take the job cause Justin is there mate. Like watching Mike Hussey be the assistant coach of England is a slap in the fucking face. I blame nobody other than the soft prick players and the stupid fucken board who caved on the complaints. Justin might have been a little bit of a cranky man but **** you can’t have Boof Lehmann’s hold your hands forever. We were winning and we were a fairly ruthless side whilst playing fair and respectable cricket under JL, which is exactly what he wanted. I understand that since the players didn’t like him it was a ticking time bomb. But it’s a ticking time bomb you had to press forwards with until after next winter.

I will swallow my pride and accept I’m wrong if I’m wrong but like does anyone think this team is heading in an upwards trajectory under this guy? I haven’t seen much to suggest we are. Look I probably will have stirred some shit with this opinion and someone will pull out his coaching success in Victoria for a season or two. Don’t really think that CV qualifies as worthy of replacing JL when he got the sack. Look I love Wade Seccombe but since his appointment in 2017 he has turned the Bulls from a joke of a cricketing team into a very good organisation having won 2 shield seasons in that time. In my opinion he has accomplished something far more impressive in shield from scratch than Andrew did and if he got even in the conversation of Australia coach I would have rioted.

Obviously the ex-legend as coach tactic doesn’t always work but you need to hire someone a little bit more inspiring than Andrew McDonald. The broncos and the Australian test team are my two prides and joys of the sporting world. Broncos I have just gotten used to losing now but Andrew being coach just has me helplessly watching this team inevitably go to the shitter.

Probably been a bit critical of Andrew but I think in almost every sport, an assistant coach has to be bloody special to be promoted to head coach. At 41 years of age and whilst his accomplishments in coaching have been impressive till now, he just wasn’t the right choice to be the head coach of Australia just yet. That’s my opinion. Probably rambled for to long and I apologise but this team is heading towards the shitter and you can see it in the attitude, drop in form and evidently standards.

Seriously baffling why they would play England into form game 1 with a beta bowling line up.

McDonald hasn’t been coach for very long but everything he has done so far is so underwhelming. Why couldn’t they have just kept Langer for the next 18 important months and then let the players have there way. Even then you don’t go promote the assistant when you have 2 world cups and an away ashes in 18 months of his hire.

Really painful to watch the results the team has chucked up since he has been signed. I don’t really care about the t20’s and England in my opinion are better than us so this isn’t so much this series but it really points out what better coaching and man management could accomplish. Off all the series I can think of since McDonald has come in. Up until the two t29 series against India and England in the past month, every single mother fucken game we should have played we should have won so god damn convincingly, but that was not the case. Like we lost to Zimbabwe for gods sakes. I don’t have much tolerance for that.

To important of a period for someone like Andrew McDonald to be coach. A new generation coming through and don’t really want him at the helm.

Also this stunt by the players have put anyone of actual notoriety with CA in their bad books. Nobody wants to take the job cause Justin is there mate. Like watching Mike Hussey be the assistant coach of England is a slap in the fucking face. I blame nobody other than the soft prick players and the stupid fucken board who caved on the complaints. Justin might have been a little bit of a cranky man but **** you can’t have Boof Lehmann’s hold your hands forever. We were winning and we were a fairly ruthless side whilst playing fair and respectable cricket under JL, which is exactly what he wanted. I understand that since the players didn’t like him it was a ticking time bomb. But it’s a ticking time bomb you had to press forwards with until after next winter.

I will swallow my pride and accept I’m wrong if I’m wrong but like does anyone think this team is heading in an upwards trajectory under this guy? I haven’t seen much to suggest we are. Look I probably will have stirred some shit with this opinion and someone will pull out his coaching success in Victoria for a season or two. Don’t really think that CV qualifies as worthy of replacing JL when he got the sack. Look I love Wade Seccombe but since his appointment in 2017 he has turned the Bulls from a joke of a cricketing team into a very good organisation having won 2 shield seasons in that time. In my opinion he has accomplished something far more impressive in shield from scratch than Andrew did and if he got even in the conversation of Australia coach I would have rioted.

Obviously the ex-legend as coach tactic doesn’t always work but you need to hire someone a little bit more inspiring than Andrew McDonald. The broncos and the Australian test team are my two prides and joys of the sporting world. Broncos I have just gotten used to losing now but Andrew being coach just has me helplessly watching this team inevitably go to the shitter.

Probably been a bit critical of Andrew but I think in almost every sport, an assistant coach has to be bloody special to be promoted to head coach. At 41 years of age and whilst his accomplishments in coaching have been impressive till now, he just wasn’t the right choice to be the head coach of Australia just yet. That’s my opinion. Probably rambled for to long and I apologise but this team is heading towards the shitter and you can see it in the attitude, drop in form and evidently standards.

Have you got an agenda Fitzy ? LOL .

I don’t think this team is far from its best. Aside from Finch and Maxwell, everyone in the side deserves to be there.

How much better does this side look though in terms of balance:
1. Warner
2. Green
3. Marsh
4. Head
5. Stoinis
6. David
7. Wade
8. Sams (Starc is getting belted anyway, at least Sams can smack a few back in return)
9. Cummins
10. Hazlewood
11. Zampa

You could swap Sams for Ellis if you want the better bowler but far less hitting power.

Active Now

• Jazza
  • Lurker
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • ChewThePhatt
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Allo
  • Brocko
  • Aldo
  • broncsgoat
  • KateBroncos1812
  • GCBRONCO
  • winslow_wong
  • Battler
  • Sproj
  • Strop
  • lynx000
  • Redux
  • ivanhungryjak
  • BroncosAlways
  • Harry Sack
... and 11 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.