CRICKET General Cricket Discussion - 2023/24

kudos to England for adopting this style of batting.. imo it suits their current personnel, most of whom probably don’t have the ability to consistently grind out innings in the Test arena.. it also puts pressure onto opposition bowling attacks.

however, I’ll be interested to see how sustainable it is for them. It has, no doubt, surprised NZ and India thus far but once good test opposition start scouting it and devising some plans etc (the two aforementioned countries included), I think the Poms will find it difficult to maintain.

The plan would be to get Bairstow out for less than 30.

He’s the one carrying the chases
Well that’s all good to say on a forum but it goes without saying. Not like the plan is to let him get a 100 every time he walks to the crease.

That is quite a stunning victory...again...for the third time in three tests...they have chased down what should have been a difficult target.

Well well well, looks like Aussies will trot out this line up:

1. Warner
2. Khawaja
3. Labushagne
4. Smith
5. Head
6. Green
7. Carey
8. Maxwell
9. Cummins
10. Lyon
11. Swepson

So Green will be the number 2 quick and Maxwell strengthens the batting at 8. Starc misses out.

Marnus gone for 104.

In the end Starc kept his spot too.

Marnus gone for 104.

In the end Starc kept his spot too.
Time Marnus carried his weight, was basically an effortless innings after the missed stumping. Sublime batting but without taking it away from him it was a little bit to easy for his first away century being astoundingly meaningful.

Look I think the XI, it makes sense considering far greater risk leaving Starc out than benefit gained of playing Maxi as a spinner.

Time Marnus carried his weight, was basically an effortless innings after the missed stumping. Sublime batting but without taking it away from him it was a little bit to easy for his first away century being astoundingly meaningful.

Look I think the XI, it makes sense considering far greater risk leaving Starc out than benefit gained of playing Maxi as a spinner.
Flogged Sri Lanka in 2 days last time .
Why change the team ?

Flogged Sri Lanka in 2 days last time .
Why change the team ?
Yeah I agree 100%. Too risky to go the 3 spinner 1 quick route if you’re spin artillery is already clicking. Look if Lyon and Sweppo were choking and the quicks couldn’t get wickets I would understand but we did not struggle last test match. So much so that Travis Head picked up 4. Love Glenn but if they wanted to sneak an extra spinner in it had to be at the expense of the top 6 not the bowlers.

Aussies collapsing ever since Carey got himself out.... Smudge still in but running out of partners

Aussies collapsing ever since Carey got himself out.... Smudge still in but running out of partners
Surely Gaz chucks up one of his infamous 20-30’s here whilst Sumdge keeps going. Get as close to 400 as we can. Take the game by the scruff of the neck.

Surely Gaz chucks up one of his infamous 20-30’s here whilst Sumdge keeps going. Get as close to 400 as we can. Take the game by the scruff of the neck.
Feels like Smudge has barely been on strike since Carey got out... surely he'll start swinging, but haven't seen him on strike to get an idea of his intent.

A Lyon 20 odd would be gold right now

Nope Lyon out now as well... and Smudge still taking singles...

This is a different pitch to the one last week ?
Some spin , but not the dryness of last week by the looks . The cross breeze is a big factor here . Drift , then spin did in both Marnus and Usman .

Keen to see Swepson at work again I like his attitude .

Great to see Smith finally get another ton, might open the floodgates again for the next few tests which are ALL big games...in six months.

Active Now

• Sproj
  • Gaz
  • Tmac
  • Matheos
  • TimWhatley
  • Bish
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Broncorob
  • Financeguy
  • Santa
  • Brotherdu
  • Wolfie
  • Ejbroncos
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.