CRICKET General Cricket Discussion - 2023/24

How sharp is Australia’s batting?! Trent Boult barely even celebrating his wickets, they’re so easy & cheap
Geez maybe the wicket was the thing.. strange to see it get tougher to bat on in its second game..

Then again that Cazalys is a bit of a Bermuda Triangle for all sports

Good riddance Finch. Hopefully you make the right call by Australia and retire before the T20 WC too.

lmao out for 5 straight driving and getting clean bowled through the gate to an off cutter

For the ODI World Cup i'd be going

Warner
Head
Smith (C)
Marnus/Marsh
Green
Carey
Maxwell
Cummins
Starc
Zampa
Hazlewood

Could also open with Usman and have Head battling Marnus/Marsh for that 4th spot

I’d have David in there at the expense of one of our all-rounders, he’s been impressive in the various t20 leagues he has played in

I’d have David in there at the expense of one of our all-rounders, he’s been impressive in the various t20 leagues he has played in
No. We need top order batsman and I think a bloke who is probably pretty lucky to get his way into a reigning t20 World Cup side within 12 months won’t force his way into the one day top order off t20 performances. Yeah he has been good but not at one day level, completely different mindsets and especially requirements for the way Australia’s lineup is structured. We aren’t England our bowling side isn’t gonna concede 400 so we dont need to play risky to score it. We need blokes who can get big scores not quick ones. 300+ runs should win Australia almost every one day game. For mine Travis has one spot either opening or 4 and either Marnus or someone else snags the other. I don’t love Marnus in one day so I would rather Travis play 4 and find ourselves an opener but really that shouldn’t ever be Tim David. Also no space in the middle-lower order. A million blokes are ranked above him in that department. It would have merit if the only 2 avenues into the team weren’t opener and 2nd drop. Especially when Marnus is the current 2nd drop. Tim is nowhere near Marnus’ level despite the fact I don’t want him in the side.

1. Warner
2. Inglis
3. Smith (C)
4. Head
5. Green
6. Carey
7. Maxwell
8. Cummins
9. Starc
10. Zampa
11. Hazelwood

That’s my team but I am personally expecting the same with
2. Head
4. Labuschagne
8. Cummins (C)

Inglis kind of just gets the best of the rest tick of approval. Khawaja for mine is probably 12 months to old for you to do it. Our top order is about to change so much in every format and going old again doesn’t help. He is playing amazing in tests at the moment and I think for a 37(?) year old we can just leave it at that. Wouldn’t complain if he got in either though he is a good player. Phillipe if he has a good domestic season I think could genuinely snag it. Really no point guessing 2 or 4 cause domestic season will predominantly decide it.

No. We need top order batsman and I think a bloke who is probably pretty lucky to get his way into a reigning t20 World Cup side within 12 months won’t force his way into the one day top order off t20 performances. Yeah he has been good but not at one day level, completely different mindsets and especially requirements for the way Australia’s lineup is structured. We aren’t England our bowling side isn’t gonna concede 400 so we dont need to play risky to score it. We need blokes who can get big scores not quick ones. 300+ runs should win Australia almost every one day game. For mine Travis has one spot either opening or 4 and either Marnus or someone else snags the other. I don’t love Marnus in one day so I would rather Travis play 4 and find ourselves an opener but really that shouldn’t ever be Tim David. Also no space in the middle-lower order. A million blokes are ranked above him in that department. It would have merit if the only 2 avenues into the team weren’t opener and 2nd drop. Especially when Marnus is the current 2nd drop. Tim is nowhere near Marnus’ level despite the fact I don’t want him in the side.

We got too many all rounders for my liking, whether it's Tim David or someone else, get a guy in who can bat better than he can bowl. Stoinis has been letting us down

We got too many all rounders for my liking, whether it's Tim David or someone else, get a guy in who can bat better than he can bowl. Stoinis has been letting us down
Stoinis isn’t in the best 11 anymore. Cummins has to come back and Green is the better batter and bowler. Tim can go have his fun in the t20 World Cup and finish at that. I don’t think you realise how bad the batting depth in Australia is. Like I mean genuine batters. Tim David does not rank whatsoever in one day discussions. I agree with you I think Stoinis fucken sucks but he will be in the squad inevitably. But there isn’t really great options running around that aren’t all rounders who kind of just fill a gap.

Active Now

• Broncosgirl
  • Galah
  • winslow_wong
  • Mustafur
  • Skyblues87
  • Johnny92
  • Harry Sack
  • Foordy
  • BroncosAlways
  • Horseheadsup
  • Dash
  • Brocko
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.