CRICKET General Cricket Discussion - 2023/24

Head out for 69

Creeping Parks And Recreation GIF

Speaking of sexual, these changes Steve Smith has made to his technique are doing things for me..

I tell you what, it wouldn't be a bad idea for Inglis to keep making runs if possible, Carey hasn't really nailed down the ODI spot yet.

the Indian cricket board have reportedly sacked their entire selection panel due to India's performance in the world cup

Whereas, here in Australia selectors get a free ride…

Bailey, Dodemaide and McDonald have all just got the job in the last two years. The panel changes all the time- just two years ago it was Chappell, Hohns and Langer.

Bailey, Dodemaide and McDonald have all just got the job in the last two years. The panel changes all the time- just two years ago it was Chappell, Hohns and Langer.
Yeah, but were they sacked? Most just move on.

the Indian cricket board have reportedly sacked their entire selection panel due to India's performance in the world cup

Is it the selector's who select the squad the the captain/coaches actually select the playing 11?

If so, not sure what else the selectors could have done, that would've been the best squad they could have sent over

Indian cricket is very much a popularity contest, Kohli was a walking wicket for at least 18 months there and his position was never ever in any danger, Rohit Sharma in this world cup was very ordinary (particularly as captain), KL Rahul very disappointing as well

Now to the bowlers, they elected to go with finger spin over wrist spin (Ashwin and Axar Patel over Chahal). Finger spin doesn't win you games of cricket in limited overs cricket in Australia, their pace attack was good enough, they lacked a depth option but what they got from Arshdeep Singh and Bhuvneshwar Kumar with the new ball was good enough to put most teams under pressure, except for England of course

For mine, their lack of runs in the powerplay cost them big time, especially against England. Even through the series their overall strike rate in the powerplay was under a run a ball, that's not good enough in T20 cricket. If someone had of told me what will bring India undone, it wouldn't have been their batting, it would have been their bowling. Arshdeep Singh was a revelation

I think in the next T20 series, Australia should really go experimental, see what falls out longer term:

1. Green
2. Phillippe
3. McDermott
4. Renshaw
5. Inglis
6. David
7. Manenti
8. Sams
9. J.Richardson
10. Ellis
11. Green

Chris Green with 3 on debut for NSW in the long format and he really should have had 4, Fanning was plumb, no idea what the umps was thinking there.

I've always rated Green and cool to see him make an FC debut at 29. He is also one ridiculously good looking rooster...and a gun tennis player.

That's a howler by Reiffel, that's why you have DRS after all. Pitched outside leg and was high, nothing about it looked out live, terrible decision and rightly overturned.

Head on 143*, has plenty of time to get a double here.

Australia make 355 off a reduced 48 overs.

England need 364 from 48 in return and being Melbourne, there will be further rain delays.

How big was that six from marsh 😅115m, he absolutely smoked it

Active Now

• Sproj
  • Jedhead
  • broncos4life
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Johnny92
  • Tim K
  • winslow_wong
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Mr Fourex
  • Galah
  • Culhwch
  • Foordy
  • Harry Sack
  • Broncosgirl
  • Hoof Hearted
  • RolledOates
  • Manifesto
  • leon.bott
  • Brocko
  • Xzei
... and 9 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.