CRICKET General Cricket Discussion - 2023/24

Rishabh Pant has some ligament damage at least, so he is in huge doubt for the India v Australia series.

Rishabh Pant has some ligament damage at least, so he is in huge doubt for the India v Australia series.
Absolutely awful the nature of what caused the crash but from an Australian point of view that really gives us a boost heading there.

Ok so this actually happened:

NZ v Pakistan going down to the wire. Both teams can win, Pakistan need 15 runs and NZ need 1 wicket. Like two overs to go in the game. Both batsmen going for it on the back of an absolutely amazing century to Sarafraz and NZ throwing everything at them, absolute hail biter, great advertisement for test cricket and…um the umpires go off for bad light, that’s it, all over. What should have been an epic finish ends in a draw because the umpires said so.

NZ v Pakistan going down to the wire. Both teams can win, Pakistan need 15 runs and NZ need 1 wicket. Like two overs to go in the game. Both batsmen going for it on the back of an absolutely amazing century to Sarafraz and NZ throwing everything at them, absolute hail biter, great advertisement for test cricket and…um the umpires go off for bad light, that’s it, all over. What should have been an epic finish ends in a draw because the umpires said so.
Test cricket & Rugby Union.. I can’t decide which code is sabotaging itself more 🤷‍♂️

Don't they offer the batsmen the opportunity to go off due to bad light? 9 wickets down, I'm sure most teams would take the draw.

Don't they offer the batsmen the opportunity to go off due to bad light? 9 wickets down, I'm sure most teams would take the draw.

If they deem it unsafe, they have to take a light reading and that becomes the benchmark for the game- if it reaches that again you have to go off. Can't come back until the light is better than that first reading.

That was the problem the other day in Sydney, they called it off early in the afternoon and then when the rain stopped at 4 they couldn't go on because the light was less than when they called it off.

Pace bowlers were told they couldn’t bowl, both teams happy to continue with spinners and it was bright enough, no discernible change in light levels, just a bad decision by the umpires. Pakistan wasn’t batting for a draw and NZ wasn’t bowling for a draw.

Shubman Gill has just scored the 10th double century in ODIs.

But get this, if the 10, Rohit Sharma has three of them and if the 10, seven of them are by Indians! The highest ever by an Aussie seems to be Watson’s 185*.

Shubman Gill has just scored the 10th double century in ODIs.

But get this, if the 10, Rohit Sharma has three of them and if the 10, seven of them are by Indians! The highest ever by an Aussie seems to be Watson’s 185*.

Small grounds in India with bare outfields .
Beat the fieldsman and score 4 or 6 .

Just binge-watched season two of ‘The Test’ .. good watch, although felt like it could’ve gone a little deeper with a couple of players on certain issues.. overall though, I felt like this is exactly the sort of thing the Australian public wants to see more of from our cricket team and will go a long way towards easing the image problem / disconnect a lot of people have with this current team

Just binge-watched season two of ‘The Test’ .. good watch, although felt like it could’ve gone a little deeper with a couple of players on certain issues.. overall though, I felt like this is exactly the sort of thing the Australian public wants to see more of from our cricket team and will go a long way towards easing the image problem / disconnect a lot of people have with this current team

That was the whole point of season 1 wasn't it? Go on a charm offensive after South Africa and other issues.

That was the whole point of season 1 wasn't it? Go on a charm offensive after South Africa and other issues.
For sure, but season two is quite different.. more of a focus on the players and their journeys & what makes them tick etc.. I think this series does a good job of showing why Langer isn’t the right fit as coach of this group going forward, without actually saying Langer isn’t the right fit as coach

For sure, but season two is quite different.. more of a focus on the players and their journeys & what makes them tick etc.. I think this series does a good job of showing why Langer isn’t the right fit as coach of this group going forward, without actually saying Langer isn’t the right fit as coach

Sounds a little biased to be honest. Obviously the show about the guys who booted him out are going to justify them booting him out.

Sounds a little biased to be honest. Obviously the show about the guys who booted him out are going to justify them booting him out.
As I said though, it’s subtle in the way it highlights that.. essentially showing that players need their own space to prepare the way they need to, rather than an all-in, ‘let’s fucking go boys’ approach.. it also includes quite a bit of Langer providing calm, insightful input at team meetings to also highlight the way he clearly tried to temper his approach.. There is also a bit of dialogue from players about Langer being exactly what the team needed in 2018 and the years that followed.. anyway, check it out and see what you think

Active Now

• winslow_wong
  • pennywisealfie
  • Nerd
  • marw
  • LittleDavey
  • Aldo
  • Skyblues87
  • Xzei
  • Midean
  • Foordy
  • Organix
  • Mr Fourex
  • Brocko
  • Tim K
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Harry Sack
  • big k
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Morkel
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
... and 25 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.