General Tech Recommendations

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by Harry Sack, May 6, 2015.

Just a general thread for recommendations on Tech. Tv's, computers etc..

Chasing a TV recorder for the folkes. Anyone got one or had any experience with one? Cheers

Tags:
  1. Foxtel.

2. subsbligh

subsbligh NRL Captain

Tivo was pretty cool when we first picked it up. Still going strong 5 years later. I dunno if it is supported in Australia anymore.

They don't have and don't want foxtel. Believe me I tried.

3. Don't get LG.

4. Budget?

5. Fetch TV is decent. I've recorded a whole bunch of stuff and it hasn't ran out of room yet.

6. Not an issue really, but I'm sure they'd like to keep it around or below $200. They aren't the best when it comes to tech, so simplicity is preferred.

7. Ari Gold

Ari Gold Master Baiter

If they don't have Foxtel why do they need a TV recorder? Surely it's easier just to buy NCIS on DVD?

theshed likes this.
  8. ningnangnong

ningnangnong HACK THE PLANET!!!

Haha, ****, you are ON POINT! My mum watches NCIS haha.

Ari Gold likes this.
  9. Culhwch

Culhwch QCup Player

I'm looking at picking up a new laptop soonish, and would be keen to get some recommendations on brands or even models. Mostly going to be general purpose, some photo editing with Adobe Lightroom, and if I can squeeze it inside the budget I would also like it to have some decent gaming chops. Budget is $1000-$1500. Currently looking at a couple of Acer and MSI models. Anyone have experiences, good or bad, with either?

10. [MENTION=2021]broncospwn[/MENTION] - Get on this.

broncospwn and Harry Sack like this.
  11. Mr Sack, how'd you go with this? I have an old customer I look after that wants a recommendation on something simple/easy to use (ideally with dual TV tuners), did you settle on anything?

12. Foxtel IQ2 has 2. New one has 3 ;-)

13. Sanity prevailed fortunately and I talked them into Foxtel. Looking into it though, it seemed to be a fairly expensive route.

Nashy likes this.
  14. You cover the monthly fee and I'm on board.

15. After doing some digging, the Altech PVR9600T seems the best choice. Triple tuners, good interface, reasonable price ($200), etc.

Harry Sack likes this.
  16. Foxtel IQ3 has a Bluetooth remote. Cool!

17. Foordy

Foordy

Has anyone used fetch TV. You can by them now for $399

Seem to have some pretty good reviews.

My pvr died and I'm looking for a replacement