General Tech Recommendations

Harry Sack

State of Origin Rep
Just a general thread for recommendations on Tech. Tv's, computers etc..

Chasing a TV recorder for the folkes. Anyone got one or had any experience with one? Cheers

subsbligh

NRL Captain
Tivo was pretty cool when we first picked it up. Still going strong 5 years later. I dunno if it is supported in Australia anymore.

Ari Gold

Master Baiter
If they don't have Foxtel why do they need a TV recorder? Surely it's easier just to buy NCIS on DVD?

Culhwch

QCup Player
I'm looking at picking up a new laptop soonish, and would be keen to get some recommendations on brands or even models. Mostly going to be general purpose, some photo editing with Adobe Lightroom, and if I can squeeze it inside the budget I would also like it to have some decent gaming chops. Budget is $1000-$1500. Currently looking at a couple of Acer and MSI models. Anyone have experiences, good or bad, with either?

Kimlo

International Captain
Brisbane
Just a general thread for recommendations on Tech. Tv's, computers etc..

Chasing a TV recorder for the folkes. Anyone got one or had any experience with one? Cheers
Mr Sack, how'd you go with this? I have an old customer I look after that wants a recommendation on something simple/easy to use (ideally with dual TV tuners), did you settle on anything?

Nashy

International Captain
Brisbane
Mr Sack, how'd you go with this? I have an old customer I look after that wants a recommendation on something simple/easy to use (ideally with dual TV tuners), did you settle on anything?
Foxtel IQ2 has 2. New one has 3 ;-)

Harry Sack

State of Origin Rep
Sanity prevailed fortunately and I talked them into Foxtel. Looking into it though, it seemed to be a fairly expensive route.

Kimlo

International Captain
Brisbane
Sanity prevailed fortunately and I talked them into Foxtel. Looking into it though, it seemed to be a fairly expensive route.
After doing some digging, the Altech PVR9600T seems the best choice. Triple tuners, good interface, reasonable price ($200), etc.

Foordy

International Rep
Has anyone used fetch TV. You can by them now for $399

Seem to have some pretty good reviews.

My pvr died and I'm looking for a replacement

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Highlights

Twitter