Getting to the game from SC

JoeyK

JoeyK

BRL Player
Jan 18, 2022
Hey all

I'm a noob here. I have a season ticket for the year but I have never travelled to a game from the Sunshine Coast.
Any good tips would be highly appreciated.

From what I can see there is a bus from Chermside, does the have parking too?

Hey all

I'm a noob here. I have a season ticket for the year but I have never travelled to a game from the Sunshine Coast.

You would be best off on the train mate. Train into Roma Street, and walk from there. It about 10 - 15 minutes, and you have to walk down Caxton street, so you can grab a beer and feed if you need before the next 2 minute walk to the stadium.

Hey all

Can't help but if you need a lift to the game, @Nashy is famous round these parts for offering free lifts.

Thank you gentlemen. Might have to do a few test runs. I have never caught the train up here before.

Thank you gentlemen. Might have to do a few test runs. I have never caught the train up here before.

I think it's the Nambour train that you'd be looking at. Sorry, I haven't caught trains for a very long time and I know lines have changed in the past couple of years.

It should be fairly express from up there, but trip details will all be able to be sorted on the TransLink website. With game ticket, should also be a free train.

From memory, Nambour train would stop at Cabo, Petrie, Northgate, Central and Roma Street.

As a former Chermside resident, I caught the buses from there to the stadium regularly. There's a heap of buses, they're quick, free, and they drop you right beneath the Milton Street end. Plenty of parking at the shops but it is paid, so you'll have to fork out for a few hours worth (or find a street park a short walk away, of course).

Not sure if the trains are free all the way from the Sunny Coast on game days, but if not and there's a few of you, I'd suggest the price of parking would be a bit better value.

As a former Chermside resident, I caught the buses from there to the stadium regularly. There's a heap of buses, they're quick, free, and they drop you right beneath the Milton Street end. Plenty of parking at the shops but it is paid, so you'll have to fork out for a few hours worth (or find a street park a short walk away, of course).

Not sure if the trains are free all the way from the Sunny Coast on game days, but if not and there's a few of you, I'd suggest the price of parking would be a bit better value.

Bad Pro Life Tip. Parking at Kedron Wavell is free ;-)

Hey all

You'll be paying an arm and a leg for parking at Westfield Chermside. Don't park there.

I park there sometimes and catch a bus in, but that's because I work at Westfield and I get free parking.

As mentioned, best bet would be to catch a train to Roma St or Milton station. It would take a few hours, but it's free. Catch the train to Caboolture and change over to get the one that goes to the city. Springfield is the one I usually take.

If you're determined to drive, there's parking around the stadium for cheap. Well, cheapish. About $20-$25 to park at Little Cribb Street which is just around the corner from the stadium.

Or you could drive to Eagle Junction station, park there or park in one of the side streets and catch a train from there. It's free to park there if you can find a spot.

I think it's the Nambour train that you'd be looking at. Sorry, I haven't caught trains for a very long time and I know lines have changed in the past couple of years.

It should be fairly express from up there, but trip details will all be able to be sorted on the TransLink website. With game ticket, should also be a free train.

From memory, Nambour train would stop at Cabo, Petrie, Northgate, Central and Roma Street.

Hmm Nambour might be the go. I am building a house there (when the rain stops) so that would be ideal.

I will find out if I can travel free from here too @Culhwch that would save me a lot on fuel.

Hmm Nambour might be the go. I am building a house there (when the rain stops) so that would be ideal.

I will find out if I can travel free from here too @Culhwch that would save me a lot on fuel.
And welcome aboard as well.

As mentioned, best bet would be to catch a train to Roma St or Milton station. It would take a few hours, but it's free. Catch the train to Caboolture and change over to get the one that goes to the city. Springfield is the one I usually take.

Actually, you wouldn't need to stop at Caboolture. I forgot that the Springfield train goes from Nambour straight to the city.

It's a 2 hour trip and it would cost you nothing. When it comes to driving in, by the time you drive in and get parked which can be a real pain in the ass because streets are closed off around the stadium and there's quite a bit of congestion, you're not saving much time driving in.

I like driving in, though. I hate trains. And I hate getting on the train after the game and being crammed in like a sardine in a can.

QR do occasionally think its OK to do trackwork on game days so keep your ear to the ground if relying on the train, otherwise its 3+hr rail bus (been there, used to come down from Landsborough).

We also sometimes got cheap online deals at various carparks in the city and walk up, you just have to keep an eye out. I think the cheapest was $5 weekend parking at Cathedral Square, and $8 at the one just behind Central Station. Other options we used were park and ride at Eight Mile Plains which is right next to the motorway, or even QE2 (we had family on the southside and met up with). edit, and BCEC and walk across the bridge.

Oooh some good points folks. Yes, I have heard about trains being cancelled often. When I lived on the GC I would go to 8 mile plains. It was pretty convenient. I would prefer to drive. I have relatives in Nundah and a mate who lives in Camp Hill so they could be options too.

Aaaah so many things to consider ha ha.

Bingo! My Godfather lives on Haig Road. I can park at his place and walk!

If you drive to Petrie station it has undercover free parking and you can pretty much get an express from there only stops at a few stations.
Also have to take into account there will be quite a few thursday/Friday night games so if you plan on parking somewhere make sure its secure not down a bodgey back Street so your car doesn't get flogged.

Bingo! My Godfather lives on Haig Road. I can park at his place and walk!

Nice. If you ever do have to get the train, I'd at least drive to Caboolture as the Sunny Coast line is quite slow between there and Nambour. At least they run express through most stops between Caboolture and Bowen Hills

For nIght games, I’d drive and stay in the city over night. Get on the jars at the Cacko before and after…

I did the opposite when I went to a Storm game on the SC. Stayed on the lake there at Kawana.

Good times… 😎

Can't help but if you need a lift to the game, @Nashy is famous round these parts for offering free lifts.

Active Now

• I bleed Maroon
  • Broncosgirl
  • bert_lifts
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.