Ghost Stories

Cult3

State of Origin Captain
I don't think I'm going to sleep tonight, so why not tell some stories?

I think I've had a few experiences with the paranormal. It's something I've always been interested in and love hearing stories about. My first experience was when I was sitting on my grandads bed when I was like 7. Me and my sister watched the wooden, fold up, wardrobe door open then close.

My old house was super creepy too. Whenever I'd go into the kitchen at night time to get a drink I would see an old man standing in the corner. Once the light was on he was gone. A week before I was moving out something knocked the water jug out of my hand and all the way across the room. Another time when I was home alone I watched one of those clothes hanger thingos roll and then fall in my room. My old man also said he would hear a child yelling Daddy from downstairs and once he was held down and had his arm being pulled by something.

Thennnn in my new house I haven't seen a lot. But when I walked through the park down the road I got a really dizzy, sick feeling and I looked up and there's a really old noose hanging from a tree, right above me. Was sooooo creepy because it was night time haha. I've also seen some weird shit in Melbourne Gaol and I went to New Orleans last year and that whole place is creepy. I loved it.

You guys have any stories about the paranormal, aliens or anything that's kinda creepy?

vertigo

NRL Captain
Went to Sunday school with a childhood friend once, you wouldn't believe the stuff that goes on there.

Broncoman

State of Origin Rep
Out there somewhere
I once had an overnight stay in a town in England that was said to be haunted by a ghost that roamed the streets at night. I've been to Port Arthur in Tasmania and that place would have to be the spookiest and creepiest place in Australia, I would shit myself I was walking around the old colony in the middle of the night.

Ari Gold

Master Baiter
I once went to a place called a thread and it said that Griffin was a good coach. Scariest fucking place I've been to.

I once went to a place called a thread and it said that Griffin was a good coach. Scariest fucking place I've been to.
I just called Ghost Hunters to investigate this matter.. they told me that they don't do "Non-Believable stories", assholes.

:laugh:

On topic; I think the house I'm currently in is semi-haunted, I have a TV in my room, and 3-4 years ago once every couple of weeks the TV would randomly turn on in the middle of the night (3-5am) while I was sleeping or in a different room (Remote nowhere near anything that could bump it). It stopped after a few months.. so I thought nothing of it, maybe a faulty TV or something.

Fast forward to a couple of months ago, I've got a new TV, new remote.. and it happened again.. at the exact same times it was happening on the old TV, always scares the shit out of me when I wake up and the TV is on.

3spooky5me

gordjw

NRL Player
Sunny Canberra
I just called Ghost Hunters to investigate this matter.. they told me that they don't do "Non-Believable stories", assholes.

:laugh:

On topic; I think the house I'm currently in is semi-haunted, I have a TV in my room, and 3-4 years ago once every couple of weeks the TV would randomly turn on in the middle of the night (3-5am) while I was sleeping or in a different room (Remote nowhere near anything that could bump it). It stopped after a few months.. so I thought nothing of it, maybe a faulty TV or something.

Fast forward to a couple of months ago, I've got a new TV, new remote.. and it happened again.. at the exact same times it was happening on the old TV, always scares the shit out of me when I wake up and the TV is on.

3spooky5me
Weird. What's your tv do if there's a power interruption? If you quickly flick the power point on and off? Might be micro power bursts/outages.

My in-laws place is apparently haunted, my wife's mum claims she can sometimes feel a presence (which is her mum), and then the lightbulb will blow, only happens when someone's in the room apparently.
My wife also swears that she saw her grandma looking in through the window one night.

Personally, I don't believe, but I've been to the Quarantine Station in Sydney, and that's creepy as fuck. There's one part, the disinfection showers, where they'd shower new arrivals in carbolic acid (I think, it's been a while). Long narrow hallway, with imposing shower stalls and doors on each side, no light whatsoever, nope.

Weird. What's your tv do if there's a power interruption? If you quickly flick the power point on and off? Might be micro power bursts/outages.

My in-laws place is apparently haunted, my wife's mum claims she can sometimes feel a presence (which is her mum), and then the lightbulb will blow, only happens when someone's in the room apparently.
My wife also swears that she saw her grandma looking in through the window one night.

Personally, I don't believe, but I've been to the Quarantine Station in Sydney, and that's creepy as fuck. There's one part, the disinfection showers, where they'd shower new arrivals in carbolic acid (I think, it's been a while). Long narrow hallway, with imposing shower stalls and doors on each side, no light whatsoever, nope.
Doesn't do anything (At least it didn't when I just tried)

And on the Quarantine Station, I'm pretty sure Matty Johns & co. went there on his show a few weeks ago, looked pretty fucking scary.

LittleDavey83

NRL Player
Bundy
I didn't go for this sort of shit for a long long time, until I met my now wife who had dabbled in some stuff over the years. Within the space of 2 weeks, we had had pens thrown at our bed from the other side of the room at night (when we were the only ones in the house); been lying in bed and had a stick dragged down the security screen outside the window (a 3 acre property in a valley behind Maleny, surrounded by multi-hundred acre lots?!); and had a large group of people playing monopoly in the dining room and in a lull in conversation ALL of us clearly hearing shuffling footsteps in the kitchen - about 2m away - when there was no-one else there. Yikes.

I'm trying to forget lol. Don't do well with shit like that..I like my ignorance / bliss!!

Brisbane
1. After Dad died, my Aunty and Uncle moved into our old house. The first night they were there, the light in their room started violently swinging around. It hangs around 1.5M from the roof, and was swinging so hard, the the fitting was a few inches from the roof. Then it stopped dead.

2. Another home on the farm, waaay up the back had a few things, and subsequent owners have noticed things too. My uncle lived there with another guy, every night around 9pm (exact time each night) a locked door would unlock itself, unhitch, open, then slam shut and lock itself again.

No one believed my uncle, so he got a heap of his mates over. To this day, those grown men who were crying and begging to be driven home have not entered the farm again.

There was also a massive fire on the farm, and it was in the path of the house. When returning, there was a perfect ring around the home where the fire hadn't burnt. Green grass one side, absolute destruction the other side. around 40% of the farm was lost to the fire than year, and the house was as close to the centre of the destruction as it can be.

There are also the feelings, and people reporting seeing an old lady. It's believed she is the original owner of the house, and is still there to this day apparently. Windows have been closed if the owners went out with them open and rain came, and windows have been opened on hot days while people were on holiday etc.

3. My grandfather lost a sister at a young age, and it is believed she was buried on the farm. Four people have woken to seeing a child on the end of beds, in door ways, and on the roof. All in the house where she lived.

4. My cousin woke up and saw someone on the end of his bed. When he described who it was, he perfectly described the look, and clothes that my great grandmother used to wear. Problem is, she died years before any of us were alive, and there are 0 known photos of her.

5. My grandmother states her house isn't haunted. "The only person here is your father and he won't hurt you". Well guess what grandma, my father is dead, therfore, if he is here, your house is haunted.

Now I'm not so sure, she reports a few things like hearing his voice, and smelling smokes and weed (She doesn't realise that was probably just me out the back). But I used to experience really weird feelings when staying there. As if someone was next to me, staring etc. It was odd, but nothing happened. No matter what I did, I couldn't shake the feeling.

One day I walked in an just started talking and said "If this is real, and you're here Dad, I need to to leave, because you're freaking me out". Since that day, the feelings have not re-occurred.

Brisbane
I also went and saw Jason McDonald who is meant to be one of the best readers in Australia. Now, he's predicted some pretty fucked up shit from a few people I know. I'm the biggest sceptic with those fools, bu when I went, he got me.

I didn't tell him a thing. He didn't ask me questions, he just told me things. He was able to tell me how my father died, how my great grand mother (see above) died (I didn't know, had to confirm later). He went through a lot of stuff that not even my fiance knows, but didn't just get it nearly right, he was spot on.

I still wasn't 100% convinced until he said "He asking me for you to thank Murray, the father figure in your life, for bringing you up, and taking care of you in your life. He thinks he's done a great job raising you".

soup

State of Origin Rep
I LOLed for real!

I have had a few experiences but none too scary. I had a wardrobe door that would open every night, so one night I put rubber bands around the doorknobs to hold them together and fair-dinkum, they were on the floor in the morning. I wasn't worried as whatever it was didn't feel threatening.

I've also had a couple of instances of knowing the moment when a person has died, looking at the clock, and then receiving a phone call moments later to inform me.

Not a whole lot, unfortunately, but I'm relatively open to it. Even though I've had a couple of experiences, I'm not sure I am a true believer. The mind is a powerful thing.

I had night-terrors regularly as a kid. I would wake up pinned on my pack, with only my eyes and ears able to work. I could hear foot steps approaching my bedroom door from the hall, growing louder and louder. Whatever it was would then step up on to the end of my bed and I would feel the sheets pull tight.. It would then walk over my body and start cackling uncontrollably and it wasn't until it passed over that I could move again... It wasn't house specific either and felt like the grim reaper.

These became less frequent as I grew up, with what I thought was the last one occurring when I was 15. I did have one more when I was 25 though. My current partner saved me from it as I was desperately trying to make noises to alert her. She snapped me out of it when she woke up, right as the footsteps reached the door... Very freaky!

Last edited:
One day I walked in an just started talking and said "If this is real, and you're here Dad, I need to to leave, because you're freaking me out". Since that day, the feelings have not re-occurred.
Now I have to tell my stories - one of them ends in the exact same thing (no BS, I think I've told a few here about them...)

soup

State of Origin Rep
I've heard plenty of accounts from very believable people that said " please go away" to a deceased loved one haunting/visiting them. It always worked.

Mate, this is like religion. I have no issue with whatever people choose to believe in, as long as it's not forced upon me. Don't underestimate the power of suggestion combined with a penchant to believe in that sort of thing!
Plenty of so called "supernatural phenomena" have eventually been explained scientifically.

Having said that, there is so much we still don't know, including what our brain truly is capable of, up to and including telepathy, so I won't go as far as saying with certainty that it's all a load of crock, but until proven otherwise, I will remain a sceptic.

Cult3

State of Origin Captain
Mate, this is like religion. I have no issue with whatever people choose to believe in, as long as it's not forced upon me. Don't underestimate the power of suggestion combined with a penchant to believe in that sort of thing!
Plenty of so called "supernatural phenomena" have eventually been explained scientifically.

Having said that, there is so much we still don't know, including what our brain truly is capable of, up to and including telepathy, so I won't go as far as saying with certainty that it's all a load of crock, but until proven otherwise, I will remain a sceptic.
A lot of the TV shows are fake too and I think that leads to a lot of others faking things or just seeing things in a paranormal way. Some of my favourites are Fact or Faked and Destination Truth as they are also skeptics who try to prove all sorts of things wrong and some things are just completely unexplainable.

My dad told me a story forever ago about doing a Ouija board with his brothers and a hand coming from the roof and throwing one of his brothers into a wall and breaking his arm.

Harry Sack

State of Origin Rep
Now I'm not so sure, she reports a few things like hearing his voice, and smelling smokes and weed (She doesn't realise that was probably just me out the back). But I used to experience really weird feelings when staying there. As if someone was next to me, staring etc. It was odd, but nothing happened. No matter what I did, I couldn't shake the feeling.

Perhaps if you'd backed off the weed a bit......lol

I do know what you're talking about though, especially the last where you asked him to leave. Similar things have happened to a number of friends and it always worked......except one. A friend of mine used to live in an old place behind (or at least around) the Hamilton Hotel. Long story short, you didn't go into the kitchen at night for risk of being stabbed. She'd had knives, forks and cups all thrown at her on different occasions.

As far as it all goes for me, nothing really worth mentioning except lights swinging when no windows are open. Although there was a corner of my mum and dads old house that the animals, on different occasions would stare at. You'd call them, they'd calmly look at you and then look back at the wall. They'd also at times appear to be watching something. They'd be sitting on your lap/beside you and they'd raise their head and watch something (that I couldn't see) walk across the room.

soup

State of Origin Rep

Ahh sorry, you must have misinterpreted my post. That wasn't a reply to you - more to Nashy and Morkel.

FTR, I completely agree and I say so in my previous post, crediting the power of the mind = suggestion/penchant. Right there with you mate, but, I wouldn't say my mind is made up.

soup

State of Origin Rep
A lot of the TV shows are fake too and I think that leads to a lot of others faking things or just seeing things in a paranormal way. Some of my favourites are Fact or Faked and Destination Truth as they are also skeptics who try to prove all sorts of things wrong and some things are just completely unexplainable.

My dad told me a story forever ago about doing a Ouija board with his brothers and a hand coming from the roof and throwing one of his brothers into a wall and breaking his arm.
An ex-gf had a nasty experience with a ouija board also. She was mucking around with a bunch of her mates - all about 8-10 - when the standard spooky shit happened. The interesting part was that she woke the next day and was putting on her shirt when one of the girls asked her about the scars across her back which looks like old wounds from being whipped repeatedly. I asked her about them one day and that's how I heard the story. The scars were pretty full on.

I kinda wonder if it was like my theory of people claiming alien abductions and anal-probing, when really they were molested and their mind developed a crazy story to help them deal with what was inconceivable to them. She lived through a very traumatic upbringing with all kinds of crazies pretending to be carers...