NEWS Gillett awaits neck fracture clearance

Many of the big names generally only play one trial anyway.
Yeah but again, these players would play the previous season so it's not the same.

Anyway, let's hope it's no issue.

Fingers crossed he gets the all clear.

I still can't believe he played on with a broken neck. For all this talk about passion, nobody for a second can question Matt's commitment to the club.

Yeah but again, these players would play the previous season so it's not the same.

Anyway, let's hope it's no issue.
Somehow I doubt playing a few matches 6 months ago is in any way significant to his fitness next season.

Yeah, let’s death ride Gillett’s retirement as a foregone conclusion. I’m sure that’s the point of the article [emoji51]

He’ll be back when he’s back. Until then, our brigade of forwards can get match experience. Win win imo

Fingers crossed he gets the all clear.

I still can't believe he played on with a broken neck. For all this talk about passion, nobody for a second can question Matt's commitment to the club.
Well, to be fair he didn't think it was anything serious, and stopped playing the second he found out it was. I'm not questioning his commitment though, but i don't think you can really use him playing those few extra games as showing commitment. He said himself he thought it was just muscle tightness.

It just goes to show the pain these players are willing to put themselves through. What Gillett tried to shrug off as a sore neck, was actually a broken neck.

It was gutsy no matter what way anyone slices it.

"The shoulder has been an ongoing issue for Matt for the last couple of months," said Broncos' High Performance Manager Jeremy Hickmans.

"We had to wait and see what was happening with his neck injury, as obviously that was the priority.

"When it became apparent he was not going to play again this season, we sent him for a scan on his shoulder.

"From that scan the decision has been made to go ahead with the shoulder surgery.

"If all goes as expected with his recovery, we would hope to see Matt back on the field during next year's trial match period."

I know he lost a hell of a lot of strength in his arm so i presume thats what the shoulder surgery is fixing up.

Last edited:
He’s gone rusty already?

In 2018, why would they use anything less than medical grade stainless steel to put him back together...?

They used to use plastic to avoid players being rusty, but then they just got injured again.

I think it would be advisable to ease him back into the team if round 1 will be his 1st game back. Surely it wouldn't hurt to have someone play long minutes at lock and save an interchange or 2 for him.
Otherwise, play him off the bench and push Glenn to lock if fiffita/sua are doing well or sub them if not. I know he's an 80 minute player but he have
to be a little wary, coming back from a broken neck and shoulder surgery.
If boyd's hammy has taught us anything it's that doctors, nor the players they treat are perfecting judging recoveries from injury.

308.jpg

Active Now

• Broncosarethebest
  • john1420
  • Broncorob
  • KateBroncos1812
  • davidp
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Sproj
  • Santa
  • Mister Wright
  • Allo
  • Fozz
  • Culhwch
  • Brocko
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Notorious
  • Xzei
  • sooticus
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.