Gold Coast Suns granted HUGE assistence from AFL

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
Last edited by a moderator:
It won't do shit. Just as the NRL's efforts on the coast will yield similar results.

The. Coast. Does. Not. Care. About. Sport. How many failed franchises before the penny drops?

Didn't a similar thing happen to the Lions before? It's why they went on to win 3 in a row.

Didn't a similar thing happen to the Lions before? It's why they went on to win 3 in a row.

Not that I know of, all that happened was the merger between the Bears and the Fitzroy Lions.

Yeah the lions had salary cap concessions to make them more competitive - the moment they took them away, they came crashing back to earth. I think 2004-2005 was when they lost that, what happened next was there for all to see.

Reading the thread about this on Bigfooty is entertaining lol these shitheel Melbourne elites cracking the shits @ QLD for not supporting AFL more. It's not our fault the GC is more interested in snorting coke on the strip at 3am than they are staring at the Suns for 120 minutes.

Last edited:
Reading the thread about this on Bigfooty is entertaining lol these shitheel Melbourne elites cracking the shits @ QLD for not supporting AFL more. It's not our fault the GC is more interested in snorting coke on the strip at 3am than they are staring at the Suns for 120 minutes.

Funnily enough no Melbourne team complains about the NGA which gives them access to premium second and third generation indigenous talent.

Yeah the lions had salary cap concessions to make them more competitive - the moment they took them away, they came crashing back to earth. I think 2004-2005 was when they lost that, what happened next was there for all to see.

Same happened to the swans with the COLA allowance
Took that away when they signed Franklin cause Eddie McGuire called it a scam even though they just managed their cap a lot better than the rest of the comp and had no superstars on their team just honest players instead that all put in.

Unread

Active Now

• LGH
  • Skathen
  • Broncorob
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.