Golden point is bad for your health

Kaz

Kaz

State of Origin Captain
Mar 5, 2008
My heart was beating faster & to make matters worse, you can't go to the toilet as the game seems faster in GP

If we had won, I would have had an accident.

I know TMI.

In addition to the heart, it's also bad for expensive, essential entertainment devices such as TVs.

Tell me about it, I think my heart stopped a few times tonight.

My fav GP was when the great Scott Minto hop skipped and jumped over the line to score in our first ? GP game. Bennett was on the sideline all pumped, was a good day that one hahaha

Aside from all the above - why don't we have a few chip kicks now and then with players rushing through?

Was a day when WB said he did like GP just for that one time.
Tonight fair to say a draw was the way to go.Nobody deserved to get 2pts by kicking a FG.

Golden point is good if you don't have any nail clippers laying around lol

Yeah the one where is hit both posts and the cross bar.....hell yeah that was cool

I loved that try from Minto.

But the poor bugger after the hop skip & jump, he has to wear the goose hat at training for the week. [icon_lol1.

I think it makes the game more exciting but it probably should be golden try instead of point.

Perry absolutely fluffed a golden chance from right in front 30m out to win the game for us. I was quite annoyed, but I knew he was the 'go' to man because we didnt really have any other field goal kickers in the side....except for maybe Ennis but he was at dummy half (as far I could see at the game) which didnt help!

Good to get one point out of the game none the less, keeps us in the 8 for another week at least....and ahead of parra which is awesome!

Bah, being a hardcore supporter of ANY football club is bad for your health IMO. The close games make it worse, but regardless of the results over the years I'm POSITIVE I can attribute a few premature wrinkles and some millimetres of hairline receding directly to the Broncos.

rnabokov said:
Aside from all the above - why don't we have a few chip kicks now and then with players rushing through?

I agree, or go the down town boot with a couple speedsters after it straight off the kick off icon_thumbs_u , better yet, just kick ot out to touch from kick off, get ball back drop field goal game over.

Ennis dropping the ball right in front with 6 to go is also bad for the ticker. Not to mention watching some little nuffy(he is certainly not the 2nd coming like rabs and gus would have you believe) full back on debut attempting to kick penalty goals and field goals left right and centre. argh. so much stress. happy with the non loss though, VERY happy!

Extra time shouldn't take place during premiership matches anyway, only finals. As it is, there's some games that are 80 minutes, some are 90 minutes, and a few in between. That's crap.

2 points is the reward for 80 minutes of play. It's crap that you can get 2 points even though you weren't in front after 80 minutes.

Agreed Coxy. If it's good enough to declare 'draw' and split the points after 90mins, why not do it after 80 - which is the actually length of the game. It's also crap that you get no points if you weren't behind after 80 mins.

Now Now Thomas. Are you sure you aren't upset about being banned?

Please...that doesn't upset me. But keep swinging :)

Active Now

• Skyblues87
  • Mister Wright
  • Big Del
  • Xzei
  • Foordy
  • broncsgoat
  • Lurker
  • Wolfie
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.