Good Boy Justin

• Thread starter sydney_bronco09
  • Start date
S

sydney_bronco09

NYC Player
Apr 24, 2008
Thank god he didnt go to the judiciary tonight. At all the results tonight he would have been rubbed out for 8 weeks for sure.

Discuss......

well he or any1 would have been silly to not enter an early guilty plea. the way the sydney papers got onto it there was no way of a down grade

He knows he royally stuffed up, no way to defend it. Ban Hodgo from marker!

Spot on, ronny.

Good move by Hodges, but I think it's almost a full certainty that the Broncos wouldn't have let him defend it, even if he wanted to. Nothing to defend, really. Horrible mistake, deserved the six weeks.

Well this could be a blessing in disgiuse. Hodges comes back in 6 weeks - fresh and fired up for the final leg of the year.

He will owe us so brilliant performances to make up for his stupid suspension

Back in 6, no more shoulder dramas...race to #1 baby w00t!

Hammo said:
Back in 6, no more shoulder dramas...race to #1 baby w00t!

Yes, and we have "origin hero" Darius Boyd to cover him while he is on holidays. _woohoo_

Hodges was prejudged and had no chance.It was a defendable charge. Hodges was only guilty of lifting. Once the player left his grasp he had no control over the result. It was plainly evident Riddell hammed it up. 2-4 weeks for stupidity and clumsiness.

Are you serious!! Of course he is responsible after he lets go in a lifting tackle, heard of gravity!!!!

Heard of it...just can't control it..lol

Numerous times? The loading was only from 1 similar incident in the past 2 years...which happened to be 6 weeks ago.

And Compound Fracture: it's not true that once you let them go it's not your problem. If you lift them to a dangerous position and let them go so they land dangerously, that's part of the grading. It doesn't have to be a driving tackle to be a high grading.

Well he had no carry over points or loadings for his earlier charge this year. So if he did have any priors, they were more than 2 seasons ago, in which case have no bearing on charges now.

The thing is, as I say, that similar incidents in the past 2 years attract a 50% loading, whereas non-similar incidents in the past 2 years attract a 25% loading.

So basically you only get the early plea discount for your first offence of any kind. Say you were charged with a high tackle and copped the plea, if you got a charge of dangerous throw later on and took the early plea, you'd get the base penalty.

Then get done for contrary conduct, and again plead guilty, you still get a 25% loading (25% discount, but 2 lots of 25% loading).

Then you have the extra discount for 7 years of clean record.

Very complicated system. Stupidly so in fact.

Coxy said:
Well he had no carry over points or loadings for his earlier charge this year.

The carry over points Barry is referring to are carry over points FROM his earlier charge. I was talking about the charge earlier in the year having no carry over points adding to it.

Who's got the comprehension skills of a piece of toast now huh?

Translation: Stu was wrong, sorry Coxy.

I don't wish to argue pointlessly but........surely the fact that Riddell was uninjured and continued the match proves the tackle was actually not dangerous. It cannot be argued on potential for injury as any and all tackles carry potential.

It is /was hysteria because of the spectacular way that Riddells Academy Award Winning performance portrayed it.
I've seen it plenty of times...Haynes tackle easily had much greater potential for injury but Carroll did not ham it up. If he writhed in agony then Hayne may have got a much more serious sentence.

It WAS spectacular and it WAS stupid but it was merely a lift.

COMPOUND FRACTURE said:
surely the fact that Riddell was uninjured and continued the match proves the tackle was actually not dangerous.

Not at all. You hear about people train surfing (ie riding on the roofs of trains) a lot and they don't always hurt themselves - doesn't mean it's not dangerous.

Active Now

• bb_gun
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Broncorob
  • Johnny92
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • Spike
  • Bronx48
  • BooKhaki
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.