Gorden Tallis launches extraordinary attack at Brisbane enforcer Adam Blair

LittleDavey

LittleDavey

NRL Captain
Mar 25, 2013
BRISBANE legend Gorden Tallis has launched a scathing attack on Adam Blair, declaring he’s “disappointed he wears a Broncos jersey.”
The former Broncos skipper also branded the New Zealand enforcer as “one of the dirtiest players” in the competition following his chicken wing tackle on Sam Thaiday during Friday’s Test Match at Hunter Stadium.
Tallis also took a swipe at Broncos coach Wayne Bennett while blasting Blair, questioning how the super coach could allow the prop to use dirty tactics while in a Broncos jersey.
“He’s one of the dirtiest players on the field,” Tallis said in Brisbane while previewing Fox Sports’ Saturday night double-header.
“He means to do it. I think it’s poor what he did. He hits blokes in the back when they pass.
“I don’t know how Wayne Bennett keeps on letting it go because he used to chastise all his players for doing that.
“It’s a tough game. It’s a man’s game. It’s tough enough without getting hit in the back and twisted.
“I get disappointed that he wears the Broncos jersey and plays like that.”
Blair is facing up to one week on the sideline with an early guilty plea after he was charged by the NRL match review committee for his foul play on Thaiday.
The prop has until Tuesday to enter his plea with an unsuccessful trial to sideline him for two games.
Former Australian Test halfback Brett Kimmorley questioned how the pair could stay friends once back in club land.
The former NSW playmaker told Fox Sports News that chicken winging another player, let alone a teammate, is a dog act.
“You’d be wondering how they shake hands,” Kimmorley said.
“It’s a dog act. It was not very good from Adam Blair.
“You’re not mates on the footy field but there’s a line. You can tackle him hard but that’s a chicken wing — that’s a pretty ordinary act.
“If it is on a teammate, that’s an even worse approach.”
The Broncos face Manly on Saturday night at Suncorp Stadium.

Home | Live Scores & Latest News | Fox Sports

I mean he's not wrong in terms of Blair being somewhat dirty, he hits blokes after they've passed every week, but the thing is, every club has a player or two who's job it is to rough up the players who take the ball right to the line before they pass.

Once again it's just Tallis being a salty baby.

Tallis used to be one of ours. Hypocrite.

I'm really getting sick of Tallis and his axe grinding bullshit. Blair got his grubbiness from Melbourne, if he wants to criticize anyone, make it Bellamy, but no he couldn't resist yet another chance to strafe Bennett the sour ****.

He isn't wrong in Blair being dirty. He isn't the "dirtiest" though. I would prefer he didn't do such dirty things though I think in general most of the opposition players wouldn't be mad at Blair for what he does. I agree he should get it out of his game but Tallis needs to let this whole Bennett thing go. It's embarrassing.

I have made my thoughts on Tallis pretty clear already, so I will spare everyone another rant.

I honestly don't think I could have any less respect for him. He was once my favourite Bronco, these days I'm disgusted he ever wore our jersey.

If he was on fire I would piss next to
him.

13151897_1016283081758485_3758443513320507739_n.jpg

Nevermind guys, we're wrong. Tallis was a saint...

Last edited by a moderator:
Tallis is right. Blair comes from Melbourne and when he was at Melbourne, he was dirty as ****. Just remember that 2008 finals game we played against them.

I also find it pretty fucking rich that Tallis calls Blair a coward when what is he doing right now?

He is going to every media outlet calling Blair out, calling him the dirtiest player in the game and all this other stuff knowing full well that Blair and the club will not come out an retaliate. How is that not gutless? Using your media platform to attack someone knowing that the bloke your attacking can't do anything about it, while Tallis and his dickhead mates like Matty Johns sit alongside him agreeing with him like a bunch of sycophantic fan girls.

I also find it pretty ****ing rich that Tallis calls Blair a coward when what is he doing right now?

He is going to every media outlet calling Blair out, calling him the dirtiest player in the game and all this other stuff knowing full well that Blair and the club will not come out an retaliate. How is that not gutless? Using your media platform to attack someone knowing that the bloke your attacking can't do anything about it, while Tallis and his dickhead mates like Matty Johns sit alongside him agreeing with him like a bunch of sycophantic fan girls.

The club could easily retaliate. Just refuse to do any media whatsoever with him or anyone who employs him, ala Cameron Smith and Nein...

You mess with Sam, you get the horns.

Gordie has never rated Blair.

In fairness, it would've been pretty ordinary had Thaiday been injured from what Blair did. No need for it.

I'm not going to weigh in on the whole Bennett/Tallis feud, but Gordie is spot on there. The media does a pretty good job in spinning stories. and they have twisted his words a bit, but what Gordon said was that he is disappointed that Blair plays the way he does wearing a Broncos jersey. I agree with him. That's not what the Broncos are about, so why is Bennett tolerating it?

What Blair does constantly is not tough, its not being an enforcer, its just being a grub. its just cheap shots. I don't want the Broncos to be known across the rugby league community as being a grubby team, but I'm hearing it more often than ever before. Another thing he mentioned was, some of the club legends such as Petero or Webcke would never do that, let alone to their own teammate.

I can appreciate Blairs one percenter's and his last ditch efforts, but what I don't like to see is when he resorts to cheap shots. It's not needed, and its not in the spirit that the Broncos play in.

I'm not going to weigh in on the whole Bennett/Tallis feud, but Gordie is spot on there. The media does a pretty good job in spinning stories. and they have twisted his words a bit, but what Gordon said was that he is disappointed that Blair plays the way he does wearing a Broncos jersey. I agree with him. That's not what the Broncos are about, so why is Bennett tolerating it?

What Blair does constantly is not tough, its not being an enforcer, its just being a grub. its just cheap shots. I don't want the Broncos to be known across the rugby league community as being a grubby team, but I'm hearing it more often than ever before. Another thing he mentioned was, some of the club legends such as Petero or Webcke would never do that, let alone to their own teammate.

I can appreciate Blairs one percenter's and his last ditch efforts, but what I don't like to see is when he resorts to cheap shots. It's not needed, and its not in the spirit that the Broncos play in.

We've had players like Blair from day one..

Quite a few of them club legends..

Hell, some of them were worse than Blair. Dishing out elbows to intentionally hurt players.

Broncos have always had dirty players in the side.

Last edited:
The club could easily retaliate. Just refuse to do any media whatsoever with him or anyone who employs him, ala Cameron Smith and Nein...

I know they could, but they won't and Tallis knows that.

You mess with Sam, you get the horns.

Gordie has never rated Blair.

Onviously. I think it is pretty plain to see though that Tallis wil attack anything related to the club these days. The same club that made him a household name. The same club that has a fair bit to do with why I guy that can barely string together a sentence is so well respected in the media these days.

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • bert_lifts
  • RolledOates
  • Ondi
  • broncotville
  • Aldo
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Dash
  • Fatboy
  • HarryAllan7
  • KateBroncos1812
  • levikaden
  • Foordy
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.