NEWS Gorden Tallis: Pathetic excuses won’t dig Broncos out of hole

I think moose was offered big money and our current coach didn’t step in his way to take it.

He went north for a longer contract and more money. What’s so mysterious about that?

Totally agree. This is where my gripe with Seibold is. I rated him as a coach and it's no secret I did not want him here before 2020 so we could see how he goes with another year of first grade but my issue with Seibold is he changed very little.

Our defence looks worse.
Our attack is not better and probably worse.
Our mentality is worse.
Our consistency is even worse somehow.
We are even worse playing against the good teams.
He has not made any good signings although I do like Segs but that was a free pickup.
He has made no tough decisions on the roster although I do fully support the Roberts issue.
Our footy IQ is no better than before.
We don't seem any fitter with all the talk of training above game speed.
I can't really name any players that have went up a level under him outside of natural progression.

I'm not hating on Seibold, I really want him to be a success but where is the beautiful attacking structure the Souths had last year?

I guess we just need to wait, next year with a proper off season big decisions have to be made. One, if not both of Boyd/Macca should be told to look elsewhere or be put in reserves.
It's not like sacking him would be worthwhile, there isn't a single coach on the market I'd want to sign anyway so we're better off hoping he can start to turn things around in a big way soon.

I think he has made some tough calls with the roster, given the history, moving Darius out of fullback is one
And it seems likely Siebs views him as a stopgap at 6 so it could be out to centre in a week or 2

But I'm not going to argue any of your other points

I saw the words 'pathetic' and 'Tallis' in one sentence, and thought, yeah that seems about right :)

I should clarify, when I said it wasn't Bennett earlier, I meant he never said it was Bennett that made the decision, it just happened in that horrible period where we couldn't sort out our coaching mess with any class
Sorry mate but I'm still calling bullshit the other way! Like I said back then one of mooses family friends told me he decided for himself that he didn't want to get to the end of his contract and be competing within the cap against this fresh crop of super forwards trying to get another couple of years and decent coin. Cowboys offered more money and 3 years so he made the decision based on extending his earnings for the end of his career. No one from the broncos was a big enough **** to stand in his way. We all know any coach in the NRL would have let him go out of respect for his life decision and what he'd achieved.

Sorry mate but I'm still calling bullshit the other way! Like I said back then one of mooses family friends told me he decided for himself that he didn't want to get to the end of his contract and be competing within the cap against this fresh crop of super forwards trying to get another couple of years and decent coin. Cowboys offered more money and 3 years so he made the decision based on extending his earnings for the end of his career. No one from the broncos was a big enough **** to stand in his way. We all know any coach in the NRL would have let him go out of respect for his life decision and what he'd achieved.

Thats ok, i trust the bloke who told me seeing as i doubt there would be anyone better who would know. Not denying he made the final decision himself, it was an offer too good to turn down, but he was still told he wasnt in the coaches long term plans.

Thats ok, i trust the bloke who told me seeing as i doubt there would be anyone better who would know.

I can't imagine anyone would know the situation better than Paul White so you've got a good contact there Wolfie!

I can't imagine anyone would know the situation better than Paul White so you've got a good contact there Wolfie!

Well, he does play front row for the cows 😀

I dont actually know him as such, just ended up having a beer with him because he was with somebody i know who knows him.

Last edited:
Thats ok, i trust the bloke who told me seeing as i doubt there would be anyone better who would know. Not denying he made the final decision himself, it was an offer too good to turn down, but he was still told he wasnt in the coaches long term plans.
Ok well that is slightly better than my source by the sounds because I don't totally trust the bloke who told me. But he was very convincing and had just come from his house. But he's the kinda guy who tells a story for the sake of the listener being impressed.

Ok well that is slightly better than my source by the sounds because I don't totally trust the bloke who told me. But he was very convincing and had just come from his house. But he's the kinda guy who tells a story for the sake of the listener being impressed.

I dont think what you have been told is wrong either tbh. He got a great offer and took it. Bennett told him to look after himself, and Seibs probably saw it as a good opportunity to build a team he wanted.

@Nashy featuring articles the right way on BHQ.

TALLIS VISITS AFTER SPRAY
An interesting spectator at Broncos training on Tuesday was Brisbane legend Gorden Tallis. The NRL Hall of Famer launched a stinging attack on the club in April, accusing the current squad of arrogance, saying “they walk around town like they own the place” despite having “won nothing”. It was the honesty the club needed to hear.
Tallis is determined not to be a “Harry Hanger on” in a post-football career busy with media work but the former skipper stopped into the Broncos cafe holding his newborn son Billy.

Well that's good, glad he got down there once.

**** off Gordon, back down the coast you piece of shit.

Active Now

• Sproj
  • Fitzy
  • GCBRONCO
  • BruiserMk1
  • Big Del
  • Justwin
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Broncosgirl
  • Mr Fourex
  • FACTHUNT
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Foordy
  • BroncosAlways
  • Xzei
  • Wolfie
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.