Gordon Tallis is a knob ........

I think the funniest thing about Tallis being an ambassador at the Titans is trying to work out what he actually does to promote the club?

From all reports he is hardly ever around the club (especially as he is busy and more concerned with his media commitments), pretends to know the ins and outs of the club yet if asked on the spot would struggle to tell you their top 20 squad members, the players have **** all to do with him and I don’t think I have ever seen him promote tickets to games or flogging off season memberships.

Besides trying to talk up Ash Taylor for Origin 3, and the occasional ‘Go Titans’ when he is speaking on Triple M, I think bagging the Broncos is the only thing he ever does of benefit to the job of ‘Titans Ambassador’. He honestly wouldn’t even give 2 flying ***** if the Titans folded tomorrow except if he stopped getting paid.

The minute Bennett stops coaching the Broncos and Titans stop paying him he will be straight back on the Brisbane bandwagon.
He also makes sure to wear a maroon shirt when he shows up at Broncos games

IMO...
Undeniable fact 1...
In his prime, he was one of the best & most entertaining "genuine footballers" to ever lace a boot. Angry, tuff, skillful & afraid of nothing. He was brilliant.
Undeniable fact 2...
In the present day, he's just another dumb ass media bitch looking for clicks. & the way he plays out his age old tiff with Wayne reminds me of a 4yr old having a fukn tantrum coz he can't have chocolate for breakfast.
He was a great.
He's now a Kent.

IMO...
Undeniable fact 1...
In his prime, he was one of the best & most entertaining "genuine footballers" to ever lace a boot. Angry, tuff, skillful & afraid of nothing. He was brilliant.
Undeniable fact 2...
In the present day, he's just another dumb ass media bitch looking for clicks. & the way he plays out his age old tiff with Wayne reminds me of a 4yr old having a fukn tantrum coz he can't have chocolate for breakfast.
He was a great.
He's now a Kent.

perfect description of the Raging Fool

This is an incredibly valid point.

You catch just about anyone on an off day and they’ll likely be an asshole.

Over the years I met Webcke, he was just downright rude. Same for Barry Berrigan, a young Karmichael and Nick Kenny. In another sport, Ian Healy was just nasty at a fan-day.

But I also met Shaun Berrigan, Peter Wallace and Craig Frawley. All really nice, but particularly Frawley and Wallace.

Can’t recall any others at the moment, so I’d guess they were fine too if I don’t recall anything in particular.

Gilly cut me off in some sponsored car he was driving. I think he was doing advertising work for them at the time. Gave him the finger "**** you Gilly!!!"

It doesn't matter what we think. Fox Sports and Triple M consider him an integral part of their team and willing to pay him good money for it. His opinions don't FAZE me. I agree with some, others I don't. He is still the best backrower I've ever seen. The rest means nothing to me.
Fixed it for you

Well I met the bloke one day at Indro - he couldn’t have been nicer to a complete stranger or any more accommodating of his time.

I also agree with @Accept; I remember him fondly because of everything he did for the Broncos jersey.

Sure, some of the things he says in the media reek of an agenda against Brisbane but most likely mainly Bennett. But he’s abrasive in everything he says, he speaks his mind. That’s how he was when he played for the Dragons and Brisbane, that’s how he is now.

I bet few or none of you were criticising him when his strong character and stubbornness led him to sit out an entire season before coming to the Broncos.

That same character is what makes him say what he says in the media now.

Take the good with the bad I say. If you don’t like it, don’t listen to it. We all sit on this forum and voice our opinions and think we’re entitled to it. I guess the difference is, he has earnt the right to voice his through his indisputable sacrifice for the jersey.
Well some of his criticism is simply baseless and dishonest whilst glossing over real issues that if exposed would cast others in a bad light and show that the Broncos have endured decades of discrimination. If Tallis truly was a standup guy he would do the aforementioned but he will not as it would jeopardize his lucrative media career that is largely paid for by the peoples responsible for the discrimination. He , understandably is self interested but he is not honest or a standup guy. He's just another media parasite who also happens to have been one of the greatest Broncos of all time.

Gordon is also just a horrible choice for Titans Ambassador in its own right.

Why Not Wally, Ikin, Lindner, Choppy, Corrowa, Scott Sattler or Preston Campbell. All people who actually played for a Gold Coast team. That list covers the Giants, Seagulls Chargers and Titans.

Well some of his criticism is simply baseless and dishonest whilst glossing over real issues that if exposed would cast others in a bad light and show that the Broncos have endured decades of discrimination. If Tallis truly was a standup guy he would do the aforementioned but he will not as it would jeopardize his lucrative media career that is largely paid for by the peoples responsible for the discrimination. He , understandably is self interested but he is not honest or a standup guy. He's just another media parasite who also happens to have been one of the greatest Broncos of all time.
Well said Huge. He knows which side his bread is buttered and having no other real means of making a crust he has to rely on his sycophantic charades to please his paymasters. Locky has taken the same paymaster's money but manages to retain some dignity by refusing to buy into their arguments. Jings even the King has to be mindful of what he says at times yet Johns, Fittler and Gould freely show contempt for anything Qld related and think nothing of going on a NSW biased rant whenever they please.

You know, I've noticed a lot of ex-Broncos make really shitty commentators/media personalities. Can't think of many good ones at all.

Dear Gorden,
I seem to recall a recent article attributed to your fine self to the effect of ' what has a 68 year old coach got in common with today's young players'. Well good Sir, if you took your bitterness engorged blindfold off you would see that the very same 68 year old coach has somehow miraculously managed to resign all these young fellas in the last couple of weeks with most mentioning that the 68 year old was a major factor in this. I bet my first born's life that you won't have the balls to admit you were wrong.

What the hell is your point Gordan? Milford & Broncos players all over opposition players? Are you fucking blind & kidding me?
Do you ever watch the Storm grubs play? Do you notice their tackling techniques? None of the teams can bend the rules like they do. The master of all, Cam Smith. Do you have freaking balls to pin point him? I for one, as long he's playing for QLD, I care for him but, I don't give a damm now.

In every set, the cheaters are all over attacking player with footy in hand. They will not allow quick play the ball at all & the fact that they get away with it every week pisses me off. But you don't notice that do you? Always find a way to avenge your stupid opinion on Broncos & Wayne. You moron!

When every club got sent an email before last round that slow play the balls will be penalized, Wayne came out and said that it's not an issue at Broncos because none of Broncos players are like Storm grubs. We all knew that has been the case & still is you biased muppet.

Last edited:
The minute Bennett stops coaching the Broncos and Titans stop paying him he will be straight back on the Brisbane bandwagon.
Dunno about that, he only signed on with the titans in 2015 and if I remember rightly slagged us off during the Henjak and Griffin years.

What the hell is your point Gordan? Milford & Broncos players all over opposition players? Are you fucking blind & kidding me?
Do you ever watch the Storm grubs play? Do you notice their tackling techniques? None of the teams can bend the rules like they do. The master of all, Cam Smith. Do you have freaking balls to pin point him? I for one, as long he's playing for QLD, I care for him but, I don't give a damm now.

In every set, the cheaters are all over attacking player with footy in hand. They will not allow quick play the ball at all & the fact that they get away with it every week pisses me off. But you don't notice that do you? Always find a way to avenge your stupid opinion on Broncos & Wayne. You moron!

When every club got sent an email before last round that slow play the balls will be penalized, Wayne came out and said that it's not an issue at Broncos because none of Broncos players are like Storm grubs. We all knew that has been the case & still is you biased muppet.

The Warriors’ official Twitter page has more balls than Tallis.

Had to laugh at Tallis during the Triple M
call of the Broncos vs Panthers game. Several times when TPJ was mentioned he is like ‘Come To the Gold Coast we will take him’ then later on was like ‘Tevita likes the Coast and enjoys a surf’
Yeah Righto Gordon you absolute sell out. TPJ wouldn’t even wipe his ass with a Titans jersey let alone play in one.

Last edited:
Who just listened to this tool on triple M just now?? Absolute twat

Unread

Active Now

No members online now.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.