Gordon Tallis is a knob ........

Who just listened to this tool on triple M just now?? Absolute twat
I actually dont think he said too much that isnt true or right this time, unless i was listening to the wrong part?

He actually said bennett has done alot for the club but its fair enough the board dont need to buckle and give him a new contract nearly 18 months out. They simply need to win a premiership. Didnt really bag bennett, just said he has had it his way for 30 years but times have changed. He kind of stuck up for bennett in a way as well, saying he is a victim of what hasler did to the bulldogs with clubs worried about coaches having total control and leaving the club stuffed after they go.

For an illiterate man with questionable brain capacity he actually didnt do too badly that time...

Last edited:
I actually dont think he said too much that isnt true or right this time, unless i was listening to the wrong part?

He actually said bennett has done alot for the club but its fair enough the board dont need to buckle and give him a new contract nearly 18 months out. They simply need to win a premiership. Didnt really bag bennett, just said he has had it his way for 30 years but times have changed. He kind of stuck up for bennett in a way as well, saying he is a victim of what hasler did to the bulldogs with clubs worried about coaches having total control and leaving the club stuffed after they go.

For an illiterate man with questionable brain capacity he actually didnt do too badly that time...
Yeah the first part of all the interview didn't set it up great. I think he said all that stuff cause of how he started it. Just so anti Bennett

When I think of tallis, I compare him to gilmeister. Gilmeister works hard with his players but never gets himself involved with the politics of Brisbane. Why would he? He's outside of the club looking in.
Tallis may know something more than the axe but I doubt it.
Why not spend some time in his media commitments talking about the rising titan stars? There must be some. Perhaps he could take a leaf out of Lockyer and sure put his 2 cents on things like lodge playing or who gets origin selection (he works in media and can't avoid the broncos) but concentrate on his titans, who is doing well, who needs some improvement and who would add to the team.
Instead I've heard more about the broncos than anything they've managed, positive or negative.

Does Tallis talk about anything else other than the Broncos and Bennett?

No, because then he wouldn't have a career. I'm sure he knows it too, he only gets opportunities if others think he'll bash the Broncos on paper or during a talk show. It just seems a little to over the top, the "hate".

When I think of tallis, I compare him to gilmeister. Gilmeister works hard with his players but never gets himself involved with the politics of Brisbane. Why would he? He's outside of the club looking in.
Tallis may know something more than the axe but I doubt it.
Why not spend some time in his media commitments talking about the rising titan stars? There must be some. Perhaps he could take a leaf out of Lockyer and sure put his 2 cents on things like lodge playing or who gets origin selection (he works in media and can't avoid the broncos) but concentrate on his titans, who is doing well, who needs some improvement and who would add to the team.
Instead I've heard more about the broncos than anything they've managed, positive or negative.

He's a media whore. No one gives a shit about the Titans, good or bad. When he's on the radio or TV, he's not on there as a Titans' ambassador, he's there to talk about stuff that people want to hear about. People like to hear Bronco / Bennett bashing.

He's a media whore. No one gives a shit about the Titans, good or bad. When he's on the radio or TV, he's not on there as a Titans' ambassador, he's there to talk about stuff that people want to hear about. People like to hear Bronco / Bennett bashing.
But that's the problem. He is a decade out of the Broncos with no special insight into them.
He's got no more insight than any other ex player, certainly less than lockyer. At least at the titans his views are relevent and current.

People love Gordie's Bennett bashing. And Wayne has no comeback because Gorden was such a good player.

Where's that 'Raging Fool' banner when you need it ?

But that's the problem. He is a decade out of the Broncos with no special insight into them.
He's got no more insight than any other ex player, certainly less than lockyer. At least at the titans his views are relevent and current.

Again, no one gives a shit about the reality. You know that, I know that, the media companies know it too.

Reality doesn’t sell. Remember the “Bennett fucked the Knights” media orgy? It was based on fallacies and lies from disgruntled people, and perpetuated by the media who were all too willing to feed off it. Of all the reporters and “experts” in this country, only one solitary journo had the guts to publicly call it out as bullshit.

He is not a Titans ambassador.
He is a Broncos anti-ambassador.

Future starts immediately for Cowboys who must begin 2019 preparation now, writes Gorden Tallis
Gorden Tallis, The Sunday Mail (Qld)
July 28, 2018 5:27pm

THE only way for the Cowboys to turn their fortunes around ahead of 2019 is to treat the rest of 2018 as an extended pre-season.
It hasn’t been a great year for North Queensland. Everyone knows that.
But there’s no point dwelling on the past.
The Cowboys must immediately turn their attention to the future and how they can fix things for season 2019.
While they may want to still send retiring champion Johnathan Thurston out with a few wins, everybody at the Cowboys has a chance to analyse everything – their roster, their style of play and how they finish off the season.
I believe there are three key areas they need to address ahead of 2019.

THE LOSS OF JOHNATHAN THURSTON
THURSTON will be a loss for the Cowboys in many ways, there’s no doubt about.
But I think the club also need to embrace his retirement and see it as a new opportunity.
I believe losing Thurston will actually help the Cowboys next year. The older you are, the more set in your ways you become.
It’s as simple as that.
You don’t like change and always default to what has worked for you in the past.
We’ve seen a little bit of that from Thurston this year. We have also seen the playing group take a back seat to allow him to run the show.
That’s what naturally happens with a dominant player.
In my day, our dominant player was Alfie Langer.
You’re waiting to see what he’ll do all the time and that’s because of how successful these players are. It’s not their fault.
But it does get to a point where they’re copping criticism because the players around them don’t pick up the slack.
When the Cowboys went to the grand final last year they played to their strengths and all stepped up because Thurston was not there.
They have to regain that confidence for 2019.
And they have to look at the style they want to play without JT.
CHANGING THEIR STYLE
THE writing has been on the wall for the Cowboys this year – their style is outdated and predictable.
Opposition teams were able to easily defend their attack which means they knew exactly what was coming, they had trained for it and the Cowboys didn’t throw anything different at them.
They’ve also looked tired.
What they achieved last year was pretty phenomenal but they’re tired now because they’ve been up for so long.
The key is to look at how other teams have transformed their attack to suit the game.
South Sydney is playing with speed around the ruck and Cronulla are finding the same success with James Segeyaro’s impact off the bench.
Melbourne lost one of their big three in Cooper Cronk but have managed to adapt.
What the Cowboys have to identify is how they want to strengthen their own attack, the style they want to play, and who they build that around, whether it be Michael Morgan or Jake Granville.
Another key part of this is who they go to the market for.
RECRUITMENT
WITH Thurston gone and winger Antonio Winterstein also announcing his immediate retirement this week, the door has opened for the Cowboys to find fresh faces to take their place.
In the past they have probably recruited to compliment JT.
Now it’s time to recruit for another chapter, whether it’s finding players to compliment Morgan, or someone to help Granville off the bench in a similar role to Segeyaro. Or perhaps it’s something else entirely.
It’s a recipe you have to get right
Parramatta halves pairing Corey Norman and Mitchell Moses are two really good players but they don’t compliment each other.
The right recruitment is key to the Cowboys’ future.

How insightful, so you're saying the key is better coaching, better training and recruiting the right players? Truly one of the truly great footy brains.

Paul Green: *Throws paper down* "Hey boys, we've been doing it all wrong, we have to recruit the RIGHT players, go out and get the right players and I'll try to figure out how to coach".

Unread

Active Now

• Mick_Hancock
  • Porthoz
  • GCBRONCO
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.