Graham found guilty

That's an epic rage quit by Daley.

Graham is in huge danger of being jumped by a few players for origin. Cartwright is banging down the door and its getting louder and louder every week, if Frizell makes a fist of his debut that will solidify his spot, Cordner is well established in the side now and then you have Trent Merrin who is also only 26. That could be the backrow for the blues for the next 5 years

Well he shouldn't have taken JT's head off. That was an awful tackle, even if JT was falling into it.

Graham is in huge danger of being jumped by a few players for origin. Cartwright is banging down the door and its getting louder and louder every week, if Frizell makes a fist of his debut that will solidify his spot, Cordner is well established in the side now and then you have Trent Merrin who is also only 26. That could be the backrow for the blues for the next 5 years

What's the go with Trent Merrin these days. I haven't been paying much attention to him but he looked fat and sluggish on the weekend for the pennies... Oh!

Last edited:
Daley has apparently stated Graham may never play Origin now. That's got to sting.

However, I expect Daley's days are numbered too. I imagine whatever coach succeeds him would have a differing point of view.

Another case if the media taking things out of context imo

LauireDaley said:
I think that we do need to look at minor offences and whether people miss big games. Grand finals and Origins, they don't happen all the time. Who knows, Wade may never get another chance to play Origin.

The fact that it's considered a minor offence just shows how much of a joke our judiciary is.

I watched the Footy Show last night for the first time in ages.

They had a poll. Do you agree with the Wade Graham decision.

No was 56% & Yes was 44%

If it was a QLD player it would have been Yes 99% No 1%

If it was a QLD player I bet the sentiment in this thread would be different too.

It's a bit of a hard one though. Based purely on the current rules, I think the decision was correct. He made careless contact with the head. Hard to argue he didn't.

I think something needs to be looked at regarding the amount of points to miss bigger matches though. If a player had done this in the pre-season, and missed a trial game, that player has got a far less punishment than someone like Graham who misses a SOO game. Same offence, completely different punishment. Hardly seems fair to me.

Daley has apparently stated Graham may never play Origin now. That's got to sting.

However, I expect Daley's days are numbered too. I imagine whatever coach succeeds him would have a differing point of view.

Daley has turned into a real whiny little bitch.

I don't think we need to stuff around with exempting grade 1s from origin/test bans or making bigger games worth 200 points. If you're a cleanskin a grade 1 won't cost you a game, and if you're not then you deserve a week off regardless of how big the game is.

If Wade didn't want to miss his origin callup he shouldn't have carelessly tackled Thurston high while still having carryover points for a worse high tackle against the Cows late last year.

Last edited:
I find this hilarious. If it was Sam Thiaday who took out Adam Reynolds with a similar tackle they would be baying for his blood and no way would they be looking to change the rules.

If Graham kept his nose clean and didnt have carry over points, he would be sweet to play. He deserved the charge and the ban was justified. He made contact with the head. End of story.

I don't think we need to stuff around with exempting grade 1s from origin/test bans or making bigger games worth 200 points. If you're a cleanskin a grade 1 won't cost you a game, and if you're not then you deserve a week off regardless of how big the game is.

If Wade didn't want to miss his origin callup he shouldn't have carelessly tackled Thurston high while still having carryover points for a worse high tackle against the Cows late last year.

This ...

lets remember, the tackle on Thurston is not the entire reason that cost him the game, it is the loading from his previous offence that has taken him past suspension threshold.

He is also lucky that it was only a grade one ... the previous MRC boss Greg McCullum has come out and said that in his opinion it should have been given a grade 2

If it was a QLD player I bet the sentiment in this thread would be different too.

It's a bit of a hard one though. Based purely on the current rules, I think the decision was correct. He made careless contact with the head. Hard to argue he didn't.

I think something needs to be looked at regarding the amount of points to miss bigger matches though. If a player had done this in the pre-season, and missed a trial game, that player has got a far less punishment than someone like Graham who misses a SOO game. Same offence, completely different punishment. Hardly seems fair to me.

This topic probably deserves it's own thread.

The context of the game should not matter IMO. If you start weighting games does that mean you weight it down if you are say playing a Newcastle or as you point out a trial. It would get real messy also because of the grading system.

You can imagine if you only got fines for grade 1s and someone got a grade 2 ( which seems to be the upper limit ) then the grading would be appealed which would be far easier to do than dismiss a charge altogether.

The other popular proposal is to serve club time for a club offence but it provides opportunity to take players out of Origin.

Take this scenario, you are playing Melb the week before Origin and your next 2 games after Origin are against Newc and Manly. What an opportunity to have a crack at Cronk or Smith knowing you do little damage if any to your club and still play Origin with a potential side benefit of a freshen up for the rest of the year. Win win win.

Last edited:
This ...

lets remember, the tackle on Thurston is not the entire reason that cost him the game, it is the loading from his previous offence that has taken him past suspension threshold.

He is also lucky that it was only a grade one ... the previous MRC boss Greg McCullum has come out and said that in his opinion it should have been given a grade 2

I agree, grade 2 for sure, Thurston was not slipping as most people think. Sure he had a slight downward movement when he stepped inside but he was actually coming back up when he was hit.
The MRC only graded Martin Tapau a grade 2 for his hit on Jack Bird. Even though they have since declared that an error ( after getting chewed out) it shows where their heads are at

Last edited:
The biggest problem with Grahams tackle was that it was lazy. He was beaten and he just flung an arm out to try and get him.

I watched the Footy Show last night for the first time in ages.

They had a poll. Do you agree with the Wade Graham decision.

No was 56% & Yes was 44%

Doesn't the proudest Queenslander alive host it and most of the panel involve Dell, Broham, Gordie etc?

Could well be wrong

Active Now

• Fitzy
  • Sproj
  • Xzei
  • cento
  • Big Del
  • Foordy
  • Fozz
  • GCBRONCO
  • FACTHUNT
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.