Grand Final Day

If any try was doubtful I thought it was Slaters. Kaufusi clearly hit Martin on the outside shoulder slowing his slide and Slater went through that gap. Ch 9 didn't show the bunker video at the time for some reason only the decision but the half time replay was IMO opinion a clear obstruction as they have been ruling all year.

All moot though as the Cows just could not sustain the effort of previous weeks, nor were they good enough with execution on the day.

I was a bit disappointed with how they just cycled through the same attacking structures as previous weeks, if any team was going to do their homework it was the Storm and they were ready for everything.

Calling it here, Broncos to continue to get a rubbish final six weeks into the Finals next year again like the previous ones whilst the Storm get the bottom sides again

Well done to the storm. Best all year and deserved premiers.

No, I literally mean they turned up against us and absolutely didn't against the Cowboys. Not always, just in the examples you're using. We beat the sharks, so you're cherry picking something they did a year ago to make it seem like they were good in this years final series. The Eels were a completely different team against us and the Roosters were shit and we didn't turn up either. So yes, the Cowboys absolutely had an easy finals run. Did you watch the games?
Oh I see, in the examples I'm using, any team in the comp would've had an easy run against those teams... except the Broncos of course.

I didn't watch the games, I'm just posting because I like antagonising one-eyed Benn... Broncos fans, haven't you heard?
And also, last time we played the Cowboys we beat them. So what does that say about them? It's like a weird circle that explains absolutely nothing
Well yeah, my point exactly.

Whether the other teams "turned up" or not, they got in the GF and deserved to, just like the bellyaches deserved to win. Statements about an easy run are just that... easy.
Any time you criticise another team be ready to be criticised. Of course, we can be highly critical of our own team and bag them out at every opportunity. But make out the storm, cowboys or the titans played crap or get away with things we don't and you are branded as arrogant/sore loser or "what does that make the broncos".... I don't get it tbh. I came on a broncos forum to vent about other teams/nrl from a broncos point of view and to discuss points of view without having to worry about other teams fans getting offended or bagging out the broncos. It actually happens more here then on other forums lol
Many people will do anything but give credit where it's due, and the Broncos are certainly amongst the teams which rarely see said credit. People who do that, are generally those that will won't face up to their own flaws either, and always find an excuse and something or someone else to blame.

Sorry if I or this forum doesn't fit the description, but maybe you could join BroncosCircleJerk or BennettAmen instead. I'm sure you can get your rocks off there.

P.S. Giving credit where it's due, whether it is the Cowboys, Storm or even Manly (ok, I might be pushing it there), or having a diverging opinion about Bennett or Boyd, doesn't make me any less of a Broncos fan than anyone else in here, although some appear to react to it like it is some heresy.

Oh I see, in the examples I'm using, any team in the comp would've had an easy run against those teams... except the Broncos of course.

I didn't watch the games, I'm just posting because I like antagonising one-eyed Benn... Broncos fans, haven't you heard?

Whether the other teams "turned up" or not, they got in the GF and deserved to, just like the bellyaches deserved to win. Statements about an easy run are just that... easy.

Many people will do anything but give credit where it's due, and the Broncos are certainly amongst the teams which rarely see said credit. People who do that, are generally those that will won't face up to their own flaws either, and always find an excuse and something or someone else to blame.

Sorry if I or this forum doesn't fit the description, but maybe you could join BroncosCircleJerk or BennettAmen instead. I'm sure you can get your rocks off there.

P.S. Giving credit where it's due, whether it is the Cowboys, Storm or even Manly (ok, I might be pushing it there), or having a diverging opinion about Bennett or Boyd, doesn't make me any less of a Broncos fan than anyone else in here, although some appear to react to it like it is some heresy.
The broncocirclejerk and bennettamen? Exactly what I'm talking about haha i am as critical of the broncos as anyone, I just don't think other teams are comprised of mythical gods who never make mistakes I'll give you an example: we got knocked out by the same team, by the nearly exactly the same amount of points as the cowboys but we finished 5 positions higher then them on the ladder, they had 2 top 17 players injured and we had 4 players top 17 injured within the finals... not a direct quote but the general consensus was "cowboys are an amazing side who show passion and are definites for multiple premierships year after after with Paul green the best coach to have ever graced our game and Morgan the greatest player" and "the broncos need to change 16 of the top 17 players, Bennett needs to retire, we shouldn't pay the players when they play the way they have this season and I'Ve given up on them ever winning a premiership"..... If you get a hard on for other teams that's great, but we aren't "broncoscirclejerk"-ers if we point out the obvious flaws/advantages of that team or even being positive about our own team. I never said anything about you being less of a fan.....

The broncocirclejerk and bennettamen? Exactly what I'm talking about haha i am as critical of the broncos as anyone, I just don't think other teams are comprised of mythical gods who never make mistakes I'll give you an example: we got knocked out by the same team, by the nearly exactly the same amount of points as the cowboys but we finished 5 positions higher then them on the ladder, they had 2 top 17 players injured and we had 4 players top 17 injured within the finals... not a direct quote but the general consensus was "cowboys are an amazing side who show passion and are definites for multiple premierships year after after with Paul green the best coach to have ever graced our game and Morgan the greatest player" and "the broncos need to change 16 of the top 17 players, Bennett needs to retire, we shouldn't pay the players when they play the way they have this season and I'Ve given up on them ever winning a premiership"..... If you get a hard on for other teams that's great, but we aren't "broncoscirclejerk"-ers if we point out the obvious flaws/advantages of that team or even being positive about our own team. I never said anything about you being less of a fan.....
So you post hyperbole, but call it general consensus. OK then...

It's not about getting hard-ons, it's about giving credit to those who deserve it, or not taking it away!

P.S. I find posts like yours hard to read btw, paragraphs for the win!

How can you tell someone can't adequately respond to points raised in a debate? They start to pick out grammatical errors. But thanks for the paragraph tip, is this better?

"Consensus
means that the majority holds the same opinion; in other words, it’s the general opinion of the group. Logically, then, not only is there no reason to use the word general in front of consensus, but it’s an error of redundancy–unless saying general general opinion does not seem redundant to you to you".....

Hyperbole: exaggerated statements or claims not meant to be taken literally
Yes, you are correct on this with some of my points but one aspect is not the opposite or they rule out the other (to hyperbole/consensus).

How can you tell someone can't adequately respond to points raised in a debate? They start to pick out grammatical errors. But thanks for the paragraph tip, is this better?

"Consensus
means that the majority holds the same opinion; in other words, it’s the general opinion of the group. Logically, then, not only is there no reason to use the word general in front of consensus, but it’s an error of redundancy–unless saying general general opinion does not seem redundant to you to you".....

Hyperbole: exaggerated statements or claims not meant to be taken literally
Yes, you are correct on this with some of my points but one aspect is not the opposite or they rule out the other (to hyperbole/consensus).
Sorry, the remark was genuine, not a way to escape debate.

Your reaction would be what they colloquially refer to as: Pot, kettle, black... but I'm not getting into a semantics discussion.

Sorry, the remark was genuine, not a way to escape debate.

Your reaction would be what they colloquially refer to as: Pot, kettle, black... but I'm not getting into a semantics discussion.
There was intentional irony within that last response I gave. I applaud your use of the English language in this response by the way. Well done!

I came onto this forum to debate and get different points of view so I do not want "bennettamen"-yes men, but there is no reason the same level of skepticism, criticism or praise shouldn't be afforded to our own team without being called a "broncoscirclejerk"er.

A common example of this is that it seems to me fans of other teams that come onto this forum are afforded more leniency to give unwarranted criticism of our team then we are allowed to give other teams without being criticised or it being inferred that we don't live in reality. I like this forum a lot, it just saddens me that broncos fans tend to have this "don't talk up our own team" mindset a lot more then other club fans

There was intentional irony within that last response I gave. I applaud your use of the English language in this response by the way. Well done!

I came onto this forum to debate and get different points of view so I do not want "bennettamen"-yes men, but there is no reason the same level of skepticism, criticism or praise shouldn't be afforded to our own team without being called a "broncoscirclejerk"er.

A common example of this is that it seems to me fans of other teams that come onto this forum are afforded more leniency to give unwarranted criticism of our team then we are allowed to give other teams without being criticised or it being inferred that we don't live in reality. I like this forum a lot, it just saddens me that broncos fans tend to have this "don't talk up our own team" mindset a lot more then other club fans
There are multiple sides to it though. Those that indeed can be too critical, those in between, and those that can see no flaws in their idols. The latter tend to be the ones who blame everything else for their team/player's woes and devalue other teams performances, while the first can lose sight of fairness and become too harsh.

No one is as objective as they think they are, which is fine by me, as long as anyone with an opinion, is able to justify or explain it, especially when it is controversial.
Personally, I have an issue with statements that not only do not give due credit, but go out of their way to take it away, be it against the Broncos, their players, or any other club/player.

Note that if someone says "I hate the prick(s) and won't give him(them) credit", I may not like it, but it is not a problem at all. In that case it's just someone venting, not pretending to be fair or objective.

In regards to other fans, it has long been BHQ's policy to be welcoming and tolerant (up to a point) of other clubs' fans.
A different perspective is always welcome and may offer insight and food for thought we would otherwise not get.

The big difference, at least to me, is that I couldn't give a **** about what other clubs' idiot fans say in regards to the Broncos. They will cop it pretty quick from most on here, and end up permanently banned sooner than later.
I do however take exception to Broncos stooping to the same level. I'd like us to be better than that!

Last edited:
There are multiple sides to it though. Those that indeed can be too critical, those in between, and those that can see no flaws in their idols. The latter tend to be the ones who blame everything else for their team/player's woes and devalue other teams performances, while the first can lose sight of fairness and become too harsh.

No one is as objective as they think they are, which is fine by me, as long as anyone with an opinion, is able to justify or explain it, especially when it is controversial.
Personally, I have an issue with statements that not only do not give due credit, but go out of their way to take it away, be it against the Broncos, their players, or any other club/player.

Note that if someone says "I hate the prick(s) and won't give him(them) credit", I may not like it, but it is not a problem at all. In that case it's just someone venting, not pretending to be fair or objective.

In regards to other fans, it has long been BHQ's policy to be welcoming and tolerant (up to a point) of other clubs' fans.
A different perspective is always welcome and may offer insight and food for thought we would otherwise not get.

The big difference, at least to me, is that I couldn't give a **** about what other clubs' idiot fans say in regards to the Broncos, and they will cop it pretty quick from most on here, and end up permanently banned sooner than later.
I do however take exception to Broncos stooping to the same level. I'd like us to be better than that!

People are entitled to their opinions. My opinion is that they had a soft run through the finals something which is pretty well supported by the fact that they were completely out of their depth against the Storm. It isn’t stooping to any level.

What examples are you using to prove your point though? We beat the Sharks, the Roosters barely showed up against us and the Eels were a completely different beast against us. This topic is about the Grand final. When did this become about one eyed Bennett fans or the Broncos, mate? Did you take this off topic twice? Stick to the topic please.

Hands up if you said the Cowboys didn't deserve to make the grand final? Because I missed that post. Nobody is trying to take their participation medal away from them. Statements about an easy run are just that... easy. Because it's the truth.

me likey paragraphs better too ....:superhappythumbsup:

What examples are you using to prove your point though? We beat the Sharks, the Roosters barely showed up against us and the Eels were a completely different beast against us. This topic is about the Grand final. When did this become about one eyed Bennett fans or the Broncos, mate? Did you take this off topic twice? Stick to the topic please.

Hands up if you said the Cowboys didn't deserve to make the grand final? Because I missed that post. Nobody is trying to take their participation medal away from them. Statements about an easy run are just that... easy. Because it's the truth.

And **** the Storm as well those pricks had an easy run all year, hardly any team showed up against them.

Active Now

• Johnny92
  • Fozz
  • Foordy
  • Mr Fourex
  • Shane Tronc
  • LittleDavey
  • MrTickyMcG
  • bazza
  • Organix
  • Broncosgirl
  • Brocko
  • BroncoFan94
  • Morkel
  • Nerd
  • broncsgoat
  • winslow_wong
  • bb_gun
  • Xzei
  • Waynesaurus
  • pennywisealfie
... and 26 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.