Grand Final Discussion

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
It all comes down to this one - Bulldogs vs Storm.

Just hope we finally get a good game that isn't ruined by injuries or referees.

Carn the Storm!

1st v 2nd grand final, I think it's been a while since that's happened?

The grand final is going to be a cracking game.

Yep, hasn't happened since 2008.

Hopefully it isn't so one-sided. Been about 9 years since we had a good grand final.

Only been 6 since I've enjoyed one though. :D

EDIT: user beats me again, bastard.

Melbourne will win and win well. There form in their two finals matches has been huge, whereas the Dogs beat a Rabbits side that still looks like they have stage fright and also lost their only organiser in Reynolds. I just see too much big game experience and too much quality across the park for the Dogs to be able to tear through them like they can do to some sides.

Bulldogs are good but the Storm are better.

Exactly Vertigo. The Dogs best games are against sides that let them shift it back and forth and hang off them, they won't get that luxury against the Storm who will hurry them in attack and defence and make them start sets from 5-10m out all night. I can see Melbourne winning 12+

Manly played much worse than the Rabbitohs did.

Interestingly, TAB have dogs as $1.80 favourites, Melbourne at $2.

I would have thought Melbourne would be favourites.

I will be all over that price if that is true, that is an absurd price considering how strong Melbourne have been in their two finals matches. Completely controlled the entire 160 minutes they have played.

I'd imagine the bookies are skeptical about Storm's chances outside of Melbourne.

That's just me rationalising it though, I get the feeling the Dogs are about to be exposed. They were lucky Reynolds suffered the injury when he did.

On current form I'd go with Melbourne. But with it being played at ANZ, you just cant count out Canterbury.

I agree Pete, the Dogs haven't played a side that has structure in defence in the finals but as you said the Rabbits were rolling until a poor high shot call went against Burgess where he came up off the ball and they scored from that set and then Reynolds is hurt during the try scored there. The Rabbits were really causing them massive issues straight through the middle and Cam Smith, Cronk and Slater will just hammer them straight through there next week.

Definitely agree with Pete that it's the best game from a neutral perspective and think it will probably be pretty close either way.

As for the odds, the Dogs have the much better forward pack and given the Storm are generally quite conservative inside their own half I can see why the odds are that way, particularly with the game at ANZ. The Storm have a massive experience advantage though. Part of me actually fancies the golden point option. Both teams hard to split and can definitely see a golden point decider at some point.

So...the two most prolific cap cheaters in history face off in the decider. Hooray?

**** I hope the storm win. I doubt I'll watch but that's who I want to win. Smith, Slater and Cronk deserve an untainted premiership ring

Active Now

• Scorchie
  • Brotherdu
  • GCBRONCO
  • Xzei
  • Galah
  • Justwin
  • Broncosgirl
  • ezpz
  • Harry Sack
  • Midean
  • theshed
  • Santa
  • FACTHUNT
  • MrTickyMcG
  • LittleDavey
  • Dash
  • Broncorob
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Jazza
  • BroncsNBundy
... and 24 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.