Grand Final

Headline of Rugby League Week on news this morning 'Its going to be one boring grand final' haha

Sharks winning would be absolutely feral. All the NSW tards would be unbearable and Gallen will get talked up as some kind of god, even if he was downing some peps on camera.

Plus we won't be able to make fun of them anymore.

Last edited:
Won't be unbearable as last year. The Thurston love was vomit worthy.

The funny things you read, I just saw on social media that 'Billy Slater was going to play' in the grand final hahaha but didn't pass a fitness test or something.

Yeah, Gallen is so much more worthy than Thurston... :rofl:
Yeah this. I kind of dislike Thurston, but I'd never deny he's worthy of being praised. Gallen has always been racist, grubby, vile scum who also happens to be a convicted drug cheat. He's one player who never deserves praise and will be quickly forgotten about once his career is over.

Haha you guys didn't get what I said. I'm in no way comparing Gallen to Thurston or talking about their careers I'm talking about the media love.

If the coverage is Gallen/Cronulla centric it will not be in anywhere close to what Thurston got last year. Don't think I've ever seen that much adoration for one player from a sports coverage for a long time. All the commentators, pre game and post game and during the game wanted to talk about Thurston and praised him non stop. Everything he did was perfect, even though he clearly was well below his best.

It's typical though bman, haters want the Sharks to fail because of one or two individuals but seem oblivious to the fact that some very worthy players, in fact many very worthy players would also lose. Fortunately though, that pathetic attitude can in no way affect the outcome. I myself think Gallens a grub but i won't want the whole team to lose just so a grub doesn't have any success. Only stupid people think that way.

It's typical though bman, haters want the Sharks to fail because of one or two individuals but seem oblivious to the fact that some very worthy players, in fact many very worthy players would also lose. Fortunately though, that pathetic attitude can in no way affect the outcome. I myself think Gallens a grub but i won't want the whole team to lose just so a grub doesn't have any success. Only stupid people think that way.

Well there's going to be 17 players out there who aren't Broncos players so there's another reason. Obviously you don't feel the same because you support two clubs, but only stupid people think that way.

Come on dude. This is football. It's tribal and most fans "hate" their opponents.
I've actually met Gallen briefly and he came across as a decent bloke but I still "hate" him. If a player goes from their team to another team, fans instantly see him as a giant douchebag. People "hate" the Broncos for all sorts of reasons. That's what makes most sports so successful. Don't take it personally that people "hate" the Sharks no matter what reason they come up with.

Come on dude. This is football. It's tribal and most fans "hate" their opponents.
I've actually met Gallen briefly and he came across as a decent bloke but I still "hate" him. If a player goes from their team to another team, fans instantly see him as a giant douchebag. People "hate" the Broncos for all sorts of reasons. That's what makes most sports so successful. Don't take it personally that people "hate" the Sharks no matter what reason they come up with.

Its just like Ennis, I was watching him on NRL 360 he sounded all nice and then you go watch him play footy he is an absolute grub, and then when he went onto the NRL 360 again he had to explain why he did the Viking clap he had nothing to say really haha....
all I'm trying to day here they come around all nice off field but when there on field there grubs...

I understand the reckless way we all use the word hate but for the life of me I can't understand the hate for a team that's never done us any harm and hasn't tasted success in fifty years. Unlike Melbourne who've cost us dearly and embarked on the worst case of cheating in the history of league and whose team contains quite a few players from that time and the same coach to boot !

Cronulla has never enjoyed the benefits the other Sydney clubs derived from their cliques and have always struggled to retain players and fend off raids from much richer clubs like St George up the road. They have much in common with us like seldom receiving a sympathetic ear at the judiciary or helpful scheduling. They have been battlers for 50 years and deserve their chance, much moreso than Melbourne.

Anyway, people may please themselves but I could never cheer for a club like Melbourne.

I think Storm will win via experience. This is meant to be Cronk's 6th GF appearance or some bs. That's crazy shit there. Sharks got a free win last week. Fuckers didn't turn up against them. We would have put up a better fight against them.

Down here in Sydney, what I am noticing is that this Grand Final, media wise, is more bearable than last year's abomination. Just some stuff on the Sharks and no major anti-Storm campaign (ok maybe a little bit on Cam Smith). Last year was the most painful anti-Bronco campaign I have ever witnessed, paired up with the most disgusting vomit-worthy Thurston propaganda wankfest possible. Heck I'm surprised the media haven't turned on the Sharks for knocking their precious golden boy out last week.

I understand the reckless way we all use the word hate but for the life of me I can't understand the hate for a team that's never done us any harm and hasn't tasted success in fifty years. Unlike Melbourne who've cost us dearly and embarked on the worst case of cheating in the history of league and whose team contains quite a few players from that time and the same coach to boot !

Cronulla has never enjoyed the benefits the other Sydney clubs derived from their cliques and have always struggled to retain players and fend off raids from much richer clubs like St George up the road. They have much in common with us like seldom receiving a sympathetic ear at the judiciary or helpful scheduling. They have been battlers for 50 years and deserve their chance, much moreso than Melbourne.

Anyway, people may please themselves but I could never cheer for a club like Melbourne.

Superb post, Huge. I think maybe the fact that we beat them in a GF (and they were cheating no less!) probably lessens the hate a bit.

For me, the stench of the salary cap is still a bit too strong. I'm no Sharks supporter and down right despise players like Fifita so I am very torn on who to tip. It changes every day, every hour.

Active Now

• heartly87
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Nerd
  • marw
  • Yem
  • Financeguy
  • thenry
  • Shane Tronc
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Fitzy
  • Astro
  • ChewThePhatt
  • MrRobot
  • Porthoz
  • Old Mate
  • Big Del
  • Jazza
... and 52 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.