Grand Final

He used a doctor. (the doctor was quizzed & he said he would use the same drug again, as it save Webcke leg or what ever it was.

Sharks used fuckwits.

Also it was the entire Sharks team. (Granted not all the players who won tonight, but there were a few still playing)

He still took an illegal drug, other athletes weren't so lucky.

I've got nothing against Shane or the Broncos, but the point is you can sling mud at any club.

The Sharks didn't win a premiership because of the peptides. Hell they almost won a wooden spoon the year they were on the damn things. They won it because they were the best team.

giphy.gif

FFS....can someone tell Paul he won ???

You don't have to throw yourself to the ground in a tantrum at the end of every game Gals, ya dickhead.

Sharks got a few lucky calls in the first half I thought, but overall deserved winners. From a neutral pov it was a great game to watch.

giphy.gif

You don't have to throw yourself to the ground in a tantrum at the end of every game Gals, ya dickhead.
Sickening that he actually won one. He's always gonna be remembered mostly for the negatives though.

Last edited by a moderator:
giphy.gif

He does things like that, as he knows the media will run with it.

It's all about GALLEN.

Well that was definatley worth the ticket and experience, what a great way to spend a short holiday. Great game and experience, fans weeping in the stands, scenes of jubilation. It was just unreal.

Thought Cronulla always looked the better team for the majority of the game but the Storm always were up for the job. Great to see another grand final go right down to the wire. I was at the game so I will have to watch it on a replay to see how good the game was.

Congrats to the Sharks for at last breaking the drought. Good to see Ettinghausen and Rogers get justice, probably the best players never to win a premiership.

Huge would be crying tears of joy

Ugghh watching Cronulla successfully defend a frenzied, scrambling play on the last tackle of a grand final...

Hurray !!!
No more footage of us losing the GF to cows..

Old news now, Sharkies breaking a 50 year drought is a much better league story too.

Ugghh watching Cronulla successfully defend a frenzied, scrambling play on the last tackle of a grand final...

Look at it this way - for once the Melbourne Storm didn't execute a play to kill a team at the death.

They lacked that robotic execution that the Storm teams of old used to have, some really frenetic stuff having two chances and blowing both of them.

Anyone who suggests the referees won Cronulla the game quite frankly doesn't have a clue.

They were the better team on the night, set the tempo and dominated the Storm physically.

Learn to love it.

I thought the Melbourne defence was the highlight of the game. When the game was close, and Melbourne got on top, the refs controlled the speed of the ruck for Melbourne much differently, then gave those 2 penalties that would barely get a look in, in another finals game, giving the Sharks the field position they needed to win the game.

I said last week when this game was known that the Sharks would win. The NRL needed their fairy tale win.

Last edited:
It's time for the good guys (broncos) to win a premiership next year. But maybe the nrl want all clubs to win one so probably a warriors win next year.

Hayne has always wanted to win one with the Titans too don't forget.

Fantastic performance from the Cutters, weren't afraid to chance their arm and racked up a well deserved big grand final victory.

I wonder how long it will take St George Illawarra to give Demetriou the head gig? He's got the runs on the board at the Intrust Super Cup level and as an Assitant coach, coupled with his propensity to coach good attacking systems he could be just the tonic.

I look at the Dragons success at the ISC (National Champions) and NYC (Prelim) level and just wonder why McGregor was so stubborn with his selections? Even Hook had the realisation that he had to push forward, turning what was looking like a disaster of a season, into a really promising one.

Dragons have gone two rookie coaches now and come unstuck they will go experienced now. Like Brisbane they won't do it again.

JD was also Dragons' attacking coach that they were terrible. That might go against him.

Last edited:
I agree, I think McGregor would be stupid not to use Demetriou in some capacity with the NRL team. That's if McGregor survives. Demetriou seems like a really promising coach, and to be honest, I think he just gets coaching. Not everyone gets coaching, and I'm highly doubtful whether Mary can actually coach.

It was woeful continuing to watch the same plays repeated and repeated to no avail. I can't fathom how a coach can continue the same unsuccessful pattern of play for 26 rounds, and not realise that it's not working. It was painful how pre-planned the Dragons attack looked and how everything happened in slow motion, well before the line, just side to side. Imagine being a Dragons fan. Their most potent attacking threat was Marshall, and they refused to re-sign him. They used him just to pass from side to side in their set plays, when he has a lot more to offer them than that, and then they make him the scapegoat for their miserable season.

He is with the NRL Dragons, He does both.

Active Now

• Allo
  • winslow_wong
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.