great fighters quotes thread

pennywisealfie

pennywisealfie

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
i see theres quite a few boxing and a few mma fans on these boards, so without trying to compare which sport is better, lets just enjoy some great quotes put forward from great athletes such as muhummad ali and rampage jackson. post ur fave fighter quotes here......

(most of my quotes are rampage jackson, since he is entertaining as hell)

(Black Fighter Kevin Randleman slams Fedor Emalianenko while another Black fighter, Rampage Jackson does commentary)

Mauro - "A big slam from Quinton Jacks - excuse me, Kevin Randleman."
Rampage - "That's ok, everyone knows all black folk look alike"

Rampage On MMA:
"Well the weird thing about me is that I grew up fighting and one of my friends introduced me to it (MMA) and I was like, 'Whoa, you mean I can beat up white dudes and not go to jail?'"

Rampage Interview with PRIDE announcer Stephen Quadros:
Quadros: "Rampage, where do you see yourself in 2 years?"

Rampage: "Well, right now I'm 23, so in two years, I see myself 25."

Rampage Interview before his rematch against Chuck Liddell:
Question: "Chuck said in his pre-fight interview it's gonna be a first round knockout. What do you have to say about that?"

Rampage: "If he plans on getting knocked out in the first round that's his business."

Rampage After beating Chuck Liddell for the UFC title:
"You can make a mistake and get caught in a submission, but Chuck made a mistake and he got caught in an ass whoopin'."

Rampage Joking about his friend Tito Ortiz having a large head:
"They made a Tito bobblehead but that (thing) wouldn’t bobble, it would just fall down to one side and stay there."

Rampage On his style of fighting:
"My style is 'whoop that ass.'"

Rampage On his rematch against PRIDE light-heavyweiht champion Wanderlei Silva:
"When I beat Wanderlei, I'm a take his belt, pull his pants down and spank him for bein so ugly."

Post-fight interview after Jackson fought Matt Lindland:
Stephen Quadros: "Was that like fighting an octopus?"

Rampage: "Man, that was like fighting a big ass smelly skunk. Matt you need to take a shower man."

Rampage: During a post-fight interview:
"If I forgot a sponsor, then you aint paying me enough."

Rampage On his fight purses:
"Yo man, I need to get paid. I got a ton of kids. I have like a kid every 30 seconds. Wait, what time is it? Damn, there's another one. Told ya."

Rampage before one of the Pride HW Championship tournament matches,
"I hope this match doesn't take long cause I have to take a shit

Wanderlei Silva, who at the time barely knew english, talking about chuck liddell
"I wanna **** chuck"

Amir Sadollah previewing Matt Browns fight with Jeremy May on TUF 7
“Matt is going to win this fight by…murder.â€Â

Amir reflecting on his TUF journey
"If you lined up all of the people I had to fight and said fight all of these guys in 6 weeks, I would have said.....no." (points towards camera)

Jesse Taylor is dumped from the TUF competition and Amir Sadollah who already booked a place in the final had gone home when he was asked to come back to watch the new semi final of Credeur vs Dollaway

Amir: ahhhhh Mr President

UFC President Dana White: "Know why you're back here?"

Amir: "You guys missed me?"

Amir on fighting your way into the TUF house "It's good that we have to fight our way on the show. That way I know that I got on the show for being a good fighter instead of some other reason like being pretty." (smiles at camera and says under his breath) "I'm a little pretty."

Amir while reviewing his previous fight talks about a moment in the fight
"After I got hit with the elbow I remember thinking, 'Yup...that's gonna bleed'' and sure enough, it did."

Amir Talking about cutting weight
"Interviewer: When you are training what is the hardest thing to give up? What's your guilty pleasure?

Amir: Without doubt giving up the freedom to eat whatever I want is the hardest single thing when I train for a fight. I don't really have a problem cutting out partying and free time, but I just really like to eat. My guilty pleasure is probably chocolate. Sounds feminine I know, but I am a fighter and dare you to say anything to my face."

Bill Goldberg commentating on EliteXC
"His precision is really precise"

Tim Sylvia talking about MMA
"90% of this game is half mental"

Amir Sadollah being interviewed after holding up the TUF trophy
"Oh my arms."
"Just kidding, I'm actually pretty strong"

Active Now

• BroncosFan_Corey
  • GCBRONCO
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • Johnny92
  • Justwin
  • Harry Sack
  • Skyblues87
  • Broncos Maestro
  • winslow_wong
  • Old Mate
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.