Great read.

Gaz

Gaz

NRL Captain
Contributor
Oct 7, 2017
Hope I havn't broken the rules by referring this story.
Just shows how far we slipped and how difficult it is to regain our former strengths.

Sorry - read this on twitter but link is behind paywall. Maybe someone can put it on here in a legal way. Don't know how to do that - where’s McHunt.

Was that the piece on the 2010 squad and what became of them?

I thought it was a fun piece that was very personable, but as a fan kind of frustrating because he asked all these questions and arrived at some extremely questionable conclusions.

It was almost like he had a memory of watching this one Cronulla game from 2010, kept tabs on a few players without really following the club and then decided to hit up Rugby League Project some 10 years later to draw his own conclusions.

Was that the piece on the 2010 squad and what became of them?

I thought it was a fun piece that was very personable, but as a fan kind of frustrating because he asked all these questions and arrived at some extremely questionable conclusions.

It was almost like he had a memory of watching this one Cronulla game from 2010, kept tabs on a few players without really following the club and then decided to hit up Rugby League Project some 10 years later to draw his own conclusions.
I believe so.
Nick Campton is the author and I've noticed a mention in the CM as well. "Campo's Classics: The Brisbane Broncos era that never came."
Talking about the wonderful team in 2010 including Folau, Te'o and Yow Yeh and how we beat the Sharks 44-16 after leading 32-0 at half time.
The story really is about how we appeared to have a golden era upon us that never happened.
Just a great walk down memory lane.
Mentioned Jharal Yow Yeh didn't score, but he did make a couple of breaks that was enough to remind us of how special he was. Then went on to say Yow Yeh was one of those players who just seemed to move across the field quicker than everybody else and it wasn't just that he was fast because a lot of guys are fast but Yow Yeh covered the ground like everyone else was at half speed. He moved faster, threw himself around with less regard for his own safety making him exhilarating to watch. And so on.....
Sorry I can't provide a link. Noticed in the CM today Seibold showing interest in Te'o.

Last edited:
Can't you just cut & paste.........??

Can't you just cut & paste.........??

Not anymore.

CM cracked down on the website and threatened litigation, which is why McHunt was paraphrasing what he had read for the board, until he cracked the shits.

Active Now

• GCBRONCO
  • Harry Sack
  • heartly87
  • Jedhead
  • MrMoore
  • RolledOates
  • upthebroncs
  • Lostboy
  • TimWhatley
  • Tmac
  • Xzei
  • Mr Fourex
  • Rambstien
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • Aldo
  • Bucking Beads
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Galah
  • The Strapper
... and 15 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.