GWS Giants vs Western Bulldogs, Prelim 2 2016 AFL

ZTop

ZTop

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Feb 28, 2016
Go the Giants,
Does anyone else follow AFL here

I live in the heart of AFL land, the AFL capital of Australia that is the world's most overrated city. I don't particularly like AFL but I love the way it is administered and run. Doesn't change the fact though that the product just isn't that good, unless you like games played during recess at school.

it would be funny if Melbourne win the NRL premiership and one of the Sydney teams wins the AFL :laugh:

Nope tried watching it a few times but never got into it.

The reason why I dislike it isn't because of the game it's because of the people who watch it. Very insular towards other sports and they go on about it non stop. When I've met some people from Victoria they asked me about Aussie rules and when I told them I wasn't interested in it and that I'm a Rugby man they told me Rugby was shit when they knew nothing about it at all.

Commentators on the BBL as well bring it up non stop as well which adds to it. Would hate commentary if Fleming, Brayshaw, Warne, Morphett etc were the ones in the box all summer.

Last edited:
Go the Giants,
Does anyone else follow AFL here

I used to play first grade in Brisbane in the 80s for the mighty Kedron red legs. Was an awesome game to play, I guess it suited my skill set. I coach an U 12 team now. Would still rather watch league. Would have watched ply a handful of AFL games since I retired.

Active Now

• Broncorob
  • Morepudding
  • Allo
  • GCBRONCO
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Tmac
  • Midean
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • KateBroncos1812
  • broncsgoat
  • Waynesaurus
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Broncosgirl
  • Xzei
  • FACTHUNT
  • Santa
  • Johnny92
  • Cavalo
  • Foordy
... and 9 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.