Haas - Off Field Dramas

Not drama related, but Haas starts his 2019 Ramadan tomorrow May 5th. Are there any people on this forum who have experienced Ramadan and will it effect his form on the field? View attachment 5025
I do Ramadan every year. We play mostly at night, I can't see it being an issue at all. Hazem used to play while fasted all the time. If we do have a day game, it's up to him I guess, he may decide to break fast for employment reasons, it'll be a mental battle more than a physical one. SBW would also play fasted as well IIRC.

Last edited:
Haas is massive, his TDEE must be huge. Might be tougher for him than smaller players? I'm not an expert on fasting tho, I've only done intermittent in the past.

Last edited:
It's a fair bit different from intermittent fasting because there's no water either, so it's akin to "dry fasting". I'd say he would have told the coaching staff and they might modify his training program for the month.

You don't want to be sweating it out doing 2 hours of cardio while fasted when you can't rehydrate so he may have to adjust any heavy cardio for night time instead. I have no idea how they train though week to week. Weights will be no problem, short burst cardio will be fine too but long cardio sessions are probably not a good idea.

Last edited:

Active Now

• TwoLeftFeet
  • Jedhead
  • Tim K
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Culhwch
  • winslow_wong
  • Galah
  • Foordy
  • Harry Sack
  • Broncosgirl
  • Hoof Hearted
  • RolledOates
  • Manifesto
  • leon.bott
  • Brocko
  • Xzei
  • Mr Fourex
  • broncsgoat
  • Organix
  • Waynesaurus
... and 12 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.