CASUALTIES & SUSPENSIONS 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
They really need to have direct contact vs secondary contact as a base for the seriousness of the sin bin and sent off. If you’re sent off and depending on time remaining in the game helps scale the suspension of it. Say you get sent off in the first 10 mins, that should count as a game and then depending on how serious it was go from there.
I really don’t like these calls where contact to the head was after a shoulder or arm contacted the ball or chest first. The NHL have a similar process when it comes to suspensions

I don't want to jinx it, but we've done well on the injury and suspension front so far this year...
Ban !!

Gonna be some selection headaches by round 13/14
I hope Lodge sticks around for Round 13... we could really use him!!

1 Isaako
2 Mead
3 Herbie
4 Staggs
5 Coates (maybe Oates or Arthars pending form, because Coates is a fucking woeful defender)
6 Albert
7 Gamble
8 Lodge (Flegler if Lodge moves on before Rd 13)
9 Turps
10 Haas
11 Glenn
12 TPJ
13 Flegler (Asiata if Lodge moves on... I'd like to see Asiata take this spot eventually though)

14 Kobe
15 Asiata (Bull / Riki if Lodge moves on... I think we start to look a bit skinny if Lodge moves on)
16 Kennedy
17 Bull / RIki

That's basically full strength except Carrigan and Teo... I think without Lodge we start to look very skinny.

I hope Lodge sticks around for Round 13... we could really use him!!

1 Isaako
2 Mead
3 Herbie
4 Staggs
5 Coates (maybe Oates or Arthars pending form, because Coates is a fucking woeful defender)
6 Albert
7 Gamble
8 Lodge (Flegler if Lodge moves on before Rd 13)
9 Turps
10 Haas
11 Glenn
12 TPJ
13 Flegler (Asiata if Lodge moves on... I'd like to see Asiata take this spot eventually though)

14 Kobe
15 Asiata (Bull / Riki if Lodge moves on... I think we start to look a bit skinny if Lodge moves on)
16 Kennedy
17 Bull / RIki

That's basically full strength except Carrigan and Teo... I think without Lodge we start to look very skinny.
I’d like Riki to get some time in q cup once we are at full strength. When Glenn is back there are now a few good bench 2nd row options in Palasia, Robati, Hetherington, and potentially Piakura.

I do worry about how we’ll go without Lodge. Our biggest asset has been his ability to team up with Haas and bully opposition packs, the drop off is already noticeable when he subs off. Some of the other guys really need to stand up or we might be in trouble. Poor Haas will be relied on to do it all like last season.

I’d like Riki to get some time in q cup once we are at full strength. When Glenn is back there are now a few good bench 2nd row options in Palasia, Robati, Hetherington, and potentially Piakura.

I do worry about how we’ll go without Lodge. Our biggest asset has been his ability to team up with Haas and bully opposition packs, the drop off is already noticeable when he subs off. Some of the other guys really need to stand up or we might be in trouble. Poor Haas will be relied on to do it all like last season.
I think Kennedy has been good at keeping up the momentum, but the risk seems to be around how many minutes he can get through. Without Lodge he'll have to bump that up.

Flegler is the obvious one who needs to lift his consistency. If we were going to offload Lodge I would've preferred waiting until Flegler can prove that he can be consistent.

A starting middle of Haas, Flegler and Kennedy, gives me far less confidence than Haas, Lodge and Carrigan.

Other than those two we had a bit of an emergence last round with Asiata (hopefully he can take off after last week's game) and Kobe (handled himself well). On top of Bull who has provided good impact this year and Riki (looks purpose built to be a middle forward in Vlando ball).

It will all come down to rotation of the bench to avoid over burdening Haas. If Asiata and Kobe can become the lock rotation it would be a God send, as we can then rotate all the other guys through the props, which would give me much more confidence.

Robati only copped a fine

Milford surgery on Tuesday. He didn’t play last night.

Suspected ruptured Work Ethic. Docs went in and found it was completely missing and he's been leaning heavily on the Talent Tendon to compensate, but after years of over-use it too is on its last legs.

I’d say it’s an attempt to save face and blame injury for his poor form. Last throw of the dice to trick us into a new contract, or someone else.

Hey Milf, what's the injury?

Oh you know, its just the (clears throat) and so, without going into detail, there's an issue with(coughs) yeah, it is unfortunate but this problem isn't new, its been happening since (turns from microphone). So yeah, looking forward to getting back out there injury free next year.

So...Milf, I'm a bit unclear, what was the injury exactly?

Look, I already told you and won't be going into any further, cheers guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Foordy
  • bb_gun
  • BruiserMk1
  • BroncosAlways
  • theshed
  • Lurker
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Broncosgirl
  • GCBRONCO
  • Browny
  • Xzei
  • Fitzy
  • Wolfie
  • Jazza
  • Midean
  • Brocko
  • Skyblues87
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • broncsgoat
  • Shane Tronc
... and 8 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.