Haas - Off Field Dramas

Not sure how making a stand to the players is shooting ourselves in the foot. But that's your opinion.

Because 4 games and 20k for standing there and doing nothing is ridiculous. He is one of the sport's biggest prospects and if he feels slighted by the club then he has less motivation to stay here. What's the bet a certain ex-coach of ours has already spoken to him to see "how he's going and make sure he's ok"

Which makes me think of @Sirlee oldman's excellent post yesterday.

We just seem to love shooting ourselves in the foot these days.
By having and actually enforcing club standards, the Broncos go a long way to ensuring Payne Haas (and by setting this example, all the other players at the club) doesn’t turn into, for example, the next Fifita twin, abusing and threatening young kids whilst they try to referee grade football.

Because 4 games and 20k for standing there and doing nothing is ridiculous. He is one of the sport's biggest prospects and if he feels slighted by the club then he has less motivation to stay here. What's the bet a certain ex-coach of ours has already spoken to him to see "how he's going and make sure he's ok"

Cool, and that's fine. I disagree. He broke the code of conduct, if he gets angry at the club coming down hard on that stance, then he's better at another club.

He's locked up for the next 4yrs (I think), so the cynical would say he was the right person to make an example of, because he's got 4 yrs to get over it. I wonder if they would have made the same decision if it was TPJ who is only signed till the end of the year.

What is the bet our coach has already spoken to him to not only check on his welfare (one of the clubs responsibilities that Paul White specifically mentioned during his statement), but to also explain the situation to him ...

By having and actually enforcing club standards, the Broncos go a long way to ensuring Payne Haas (and by setting this example, all the other players at the club) doesn’t turn into, for example, the next Fifita twin, abusing and threatening young kids whilst they try to referee grade football.
This ...

I would much rather coming down on him now than risk him becoming the next Todd Carney (thinking he can keep breaching the code of conduct, and getting away with it because of his talent) only for is to be forced to sack him in 3 years, allowing the Roosters or another club reaping the benefits

Yeah you're right. Totally beyond the realms of possibility

Name a player that left a club for being suspended for breaking an agreement he signed.

If his relationship with the club was truly that fragile, he would already be gone. And if his relationship with the club is actually that fragile, then he isn't worth keeping.

We are paying him 500k a year.. He got fined 10k... I doubt he's crying about the fact that he's "only" getting paid 490k this year.

What is the bet our coach has already spoken to him to not only check on his welfare (one of the clubs responsibilities that Paul White specifically mentioned during his statement), but to also explain the situation to him ...

I doubt he's an idiot. I'm sure he can understand the situation without having someone explain it to him and make up his own mind about whether he agrees with it and feels slighted or not.

Last edited by a moderator:
Name a player that left a club for being suspended for breaking an agreement he signed.

If his relationship with the club was truly that fragile, he would already be gone. And if his relationship with the club is actually that fragile, then he isn't worth keeping.

Players very rarely speak bad about their old clubs no matter what they think of them so the question is kinda irrelevant. Name a player that very obviously changed clubs for the money and says that they did it solely for the money.

The stupidest thing about this whole situation is that if he doesn't stand there doing nothing and gets involved instead then the headline the next day is "Payne Haas involved in violent altercation, charges yet to be laid" and old Jealous-Dobby-Mcdobbalot who didn't even call the police on the actual assaulter this time, only the NRL to cry about Haas suddenly bases his story on how he was violently set upon by Haas and another man. So this is just bullshit how he is seemingly screwed either way.

If I got fined $50 bucks that was unjust I'd be fucking fuming.

Yes, but you've made clear that things can't be explained very well to you, so they'd probably say goodbye to you too.

The stupidest thing about this whole situation is that if he doesn't stand there doing nothing and gets involved instead then the headline the next day is "Payne Haas involved in violent altercation, charges yet to be laid" and old Jealous-Dobby-Mcdobbalot who didn't even call the police on the actual assaulter this time, only the NRL to cry about Haas suddenly bases his story on how he was violently set upon by Haas and another man. So this is just bullshit how he is seemingly screwed either way.

Why are you still on this line of he's in trouble for doing nothing?

He's in trouble because the club wasn't happy with the way he spoke to the IU. Your argument is stupid, because you aren't arguing the actual reason he's been punished.

Active Now

• Strop
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Fozz
  • Culhwch
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Organix
  • Wolfie
  • Browny
  • Scorchie
  • Justwin
  • simplythebest
  • Galah
  • Tim K
  • winslow_wong
  • Allo
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Fatboy
  • GCBRONCO
  • Battler
  • RodF
... and 34 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.