Hannantitan

pennywisealfie

pennywisealfie

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
I dont have a link or anything, but i was just doing some shopping and on the back page of the gold coast bulletin, they are saying that ben hannant wants to sign with the titans.

He is from the Goldy but I would really hope he doesn't. The Titans are linked to every single high profile off contract player in the comp.

This is what you are looking for.

http://www.goldcoast.com.au/article/200 ... sport.html

OFF-CONTRACT Bronco Ben Hannant has approached the Gold Coast Titans to discuss moving `home' next season.

The 23-year-old Gold Coast born and bred prop, who acts as his own manager, yesterday confirmed he had sounded out the Titans as he weighs up his options heading into 2009 and beyond.

It comes after Titans managing director Michael Searle last week declaring Hannant and fellow homegrown off-contract Broncos in Darius Boyd and Steve Michaels would be welcome to return to the Gold Coast.

"I am having a look," said Hannant, who hopes to have his future sorted within the next month. "I am speaking to them."

The young frontrower also began talks this week with Brisbane and has been linked to the Dragons. While it is unlikely he would leave Queensland, Hannant said he was torn between the city he grew up in and the club that made him the player he is today.

"I have got to weigh that up," said Hannant. "I am just going in with an open mind. Hopefully I can work something out with my club, which would be great.

"I am trying not to think about it too much and just focus on my football."

Hannant, who won a premiership with the Broncos in 2006, said he would always have a strong connection with Brisbane but has a sentimental spot in his heart for the Gold Coast.

"When I was younger, I definitely thought that (it would be good to grow up and play for the Gold Coast)," he said.

"But they weren't there when I finished school, there were no Titans at that time. I live on the Gold Coast but I am at a really good club and I am loving where I am at."

Married with two small children Hannant, who lives in the Tallebudgera Valley and commutes to Brisbane, said his decision would hinge largely on what was best for his young family.

"This is where I want to be (living on the Gold Coast)," said Hannant.

"Even if I sign for a long term with the Broncos I am not going to move from here.

"I love the Gold Coast. It is where I have lived my whole life and this is where I am going to be when I retire."

He said he was not concerned by the Broncos' delay in deciding on a new coach to replace Wayne Bennett.

"Brisbane are a really good organisation," he said. "They are not silly buggers who run the place.

"They are smart and they are going to get us a good coach.

"Ivan Henjak is an awesome coach and if he gets the job I would be stoked to stay. He knows his stuff."

Searle yesterday said the Titans were keen on securing Hannant's signature.

Hannant also played under Titans coach John Cartwright when he was an assistant at the Sydney Roosters.

"He is a Gold Coast boy," said Searle

"If we could do something with Ben that would be great.

"It is always great to get a Gold Coast kid home."

Before Hannant went to the Roosters was he in the Broncos system?

I am reading into this that if Henjak is coach he will stay, if not he's more likely to go

FFS every player at the Broncos has a get out clause in there contract since Bennett has gone. It really doesn't look good for next season when every second player is linked with other clubs. Bruno get to work sign some players up we can't afford to lose Hannant or anyone else in our forward pack for that matter.

Flutterby said:
I am reading into this that if Henjak is coach he will stay, if not he's more likely to go

Agree 100% Rob, he is a must sign and should be the first player Bruno talks to as he is a franchise player to build the pack around and will play SOO this year. Of course he is also looking to increase his price at the same time and managing himself will unfortunately have to shop himself around rather than have a manager do it.

Big Benny virtually epitomises the Broncos culture and a cornerstone this club is able to build around. Sign him up quick smart because he's definitely someone we can ill afford to lose! [eusa_naugh

A must signing. He is leading from the front.

Stats wise mightn't say it, but you can tell from the effort he puts in that he would be a massive loss if he left.

Get him signed ASAP, and Henjak as head coach while their at it. icon_thumbs_u

Oh come on! Gold Coast is only like an hours drive from the City. Surely he can stay with us.

Does anyone know if the Titans have salary cap concessions like the Storm did?

what do you need a concession for! Its the Gold Coast! Theres your concession!

I really hope we sign him. I don't want him going else where.

IMO...I dont think re-signing Hannant is an issue...as long as we don't sign a goose for a coach, i think he'll stay

Beads6 said:
FFS every player at the Broncos has a get out clause in there contract since Bennett has gone. It really doesn't look good for next season when every second player is linked with other clubs. Bruno get to work sign some players up we can't afford to lose Hannant or anyone else in our forward pack for that matter.

What? What are you pissed about, that people have get out clauses or that we let Bennett go to St George?

As far as Hannatt goes, I personally feel Brisbane gave him a shot in 2006 and look what happened in October. To turn around 2ish years later and return home probably leaves Brisbane with the same feeling Melbourne has about Folau at the moment. With that in mind, if Hannatt goes, I don't believe we can be too pissed.

Caniffe said:
Beads6 said:

What? What are you pissed about, that people have get out clauses or that we let Bennett go to St George?

As far as Hannatt goes, I personally feel Brisbane gave him a shot in 2006 and look what happened in October. To turn around 2ish years later and return home probably leaves Brisbane with the same feeling Melbourne has about Folau at the moment. With that in mind, if Hannatt goes, I don't believe we can be too pissed.

I'd be pissed if Hannant left. He's a dead set legend.

Active Now

• Foordy
  • FACTHUNT
  • Sproj
  • Xzei
  • kiwi2
  • Big Del
  • Fitzy
  • GCBRONCO
  • BruiserMk1
  • Justwin
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Broncosgirl
  • Mr Fourex
  • KateBroncos1812
  • BroncosAlways
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.