Have another sook Ricky

That is just so desperate, Ricky doesn't have the faith in his squad to lift for the game so he has embarked on a 2 week public campaign to try and draw insults from Qld and prick the pride of his players.

NSW has a team good enough to win but it's clear Ricky is out of ideas or maybe he has read the mood of his players and thinks they don't believe they can win.

Sticky is simply trying to make sure the officials ref Game 2 the way his game plan allows for. Watch for plenty of penalties against QLD in the ruck.

If you can't beat them... cry to the officials.

Clown

Attachments

• 566661-ricky-stuart-clown.gif.jpg
    566661-ricky-stuart-clown.gif.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 103
Last edited:
I know what he's doing, he does it every year....

... and i know the papers need to write about it as it helps sell a shiteload of papers....

... but i wish they'd stop this sort of reporting/writing .... i'm sick to death of it !!

Poor Ricky is tired of Qld'ers being gracious... :lol:

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...ake-smug-maroons/story-e6frepbx-1226389925450

The one thing I find really poor form are the insinuations about the Qld Origin players when they go back to their clubs. Ricky just got himself bogged down in Broncosman toilet...

Really? That's not a whinging article at all. As far as Origin period articles go, this one is extremely tame. In fact, the most inflammatory part of the article is the headline, which would've been written by the editor of the CM, who I imagine is a Queenslander.

Really? That's not a whinging article at all. As far as Origin period articles go, this one is extremely tame. In fact, the most inflammatory part of the article is the headline, which would've been written by the editor of the CM, who I imagine is a Queenslander.
Dukey, you're the only NSW'ker who actually thinks before he writes on this forum, but if you can't see the sook, I don't know what to tell you. Here are a few examples:

But maybe I am wrong and should just hang up the clipboard because yes, I know, Queensland are the authority on all things Origin.
I thought it was clear by now that I don't know what I'm doing here and, as such, any little help I can be given should be appreciated.

This one with the crappy insinuation is what probably has most of the Maroon players seething:

To be honest, I've had a gutful of Queensland's smugness and their fake graciousness in victory.
I see a lot of people at different times congratulating the Queensland players about how they handle victory. And some genuinely are humble.
But these Origin players come from all different clubs, and the old line about Mate versus Mate is not just some marketing gimmick.
Between Origin games these guys all go back to their clubs and talk to each other and the guard comes down. We're aware of it, and to be honest we have no problem with it until they keep promoting some holier than thou attitude to the public. That's when it gets a little irritating, to be honest.

If I was a NSW player I would be filthy with my coach spending such an enormous amount of time and energy on things outside of coaching the team and including saying and doing things that will ultimately motivate QLD even more. He should be spending every single minute devising a way for his side to score points that aren't from dropped bombs because they were bloody close in Origin 1 they just needed the plans and execution inside the 20 and they would have won and Ricky wouldn't have had to bother expelling so much energy attacking the referees and the "smug" winners.

Dukey, you're the only NSW'ker who actually thinks before he writes on this forum, but if you can't see the sook, I don't know what to tell you. Here are a few examples:

I can see what you're referring to, but it hardly seems like a whinge. Maybe just because of the severity of other opinion pieces that go all out with their complaints, but this one by Ricky is extremely tame, and in a few parts it's actually true.
This entire article is rebutting the Queensland claim that NSW don't have passion, which as Ricky said is absolutely ridiculous. QLD fans and media have in the same breath accused NSW of lacking passion and ridiculed us for being upset over the first game. Well, which is it? Are we shit for not caring, or are we shit for caring too much?
As for the quote that you're particularly annoyed with, I've got no doubt that QLD players probably hang shit on their NSW teammates at club level. They probably just treat it like harmless banter, like most of the things that get thrown around amongst a footy team, but it would be far removed from the public face they present, and I'm sure it wouldn't be warmly received by the Blues players.

If I was a NSW player I would be filthy with my coach spending such an enormous amount of time and energy on things outside of coaching the team and including saying and doing things that will ultimately motivate QLD even more. He should be spending every single minute devising a way for his side to score points that aren't from dropped bombs because they were bloody close in Origin 1 they just needed the plans and execution inside the 20 and they would have won and Ricky wouldn't have had to bother expelling so much energy attacking the referees and the "smug" winners.

I don't even know how to reply to this. He's a contracted columnist with the Telegraph. He writes a column every week, whether it's Origin time or not. That's like saying that the Maroons players should be filthy at Mal for packing fruit in his downtime.

Anyone else always read the thread title as "Have another sook Rocky"?

Yeah, well said Brizz. I know they have to ramp up (from a promotional perspective), but why not try to keep a low profile for a change - might make QLD at least start thinking a bit more. It is about passion and that 'thing' QLD has, Ricky has just run out of ideas and is trying to replicate QLD origin history back to NSW players when he actually has no real situation to replicate - trying to grow that 'thing' QLD has built up over so many years on Ricky 'propaganda'. Got a news flash for you Ricky - can't replicate that unless QLD become NSW which is never gonna happen.

I think Billy will be ready for the high balls this Wednesday night - he was 'humble' enough and 'graceous' enough not to carry on about the closed dome which everyone else except him talked about as making it that much more difficult to take bombs. Man, imagine if that had happened to Stewart under the high balls that night, Ricky would have had kept on until they had the dome dismantled!!!!

(Have to say that Ricky has got his way with the refs but and as long as he keeps getting results like that, he won't shut up in the future)

This entire article is rebutting the Queensland claim that NSW don't have passion, which as Ricky said is absolutely ridiculous. QLD fans and media have in the same breath accused NSW of lacking passion and ridiculed us for being upset over the first game. Well, which is it? Are we shit for not caring, or are we shit for caring too much?

This makes absolutely no sense dukey.. Having passion and being upset over the first game are not related enough for you to offer a statement like "Are we shit for not caring, or are we shit for caring too much?" - and to take it one step further, being good or not has nothing to do with passion OR being upset over a game - so you have drawn out 3 varying elements yet try to refer to them as being opposites some how.

(e.g The team that lacked no passion were upset over losing the game - why can't this be said in the same breath? A team can have no passion and still whinge about a game without it being a contradiction. (and then) Are they useless for not caring or useless for caring too much? (caring does not fully describe passion and this does not really connect well with your leading sentence))

P.S I am not implying NSW have passion or not - I think Gallen in particular is a very passionate player, just saying that what you wrote makes no sense so was curious what you mean?

It makes perfect sense. Qlders have spent the past few years trying to claim that NSW fans don't care about Origin, and lack passion to support their team... and when we get upset about a loss, we're mocked and ridiculed, as though we should've responded with a stiff upper lip and a "jolly good show".
It's a complete contradiction of expectations, which Queenslanders embrace because it allows them to carry on pretending that they care more about the game because, after all, the NSW fans aren't really upset, they're just "whinging".

Active Now

• I bleed Maroon
  • Alec
  • Broncosgirl
  • porouian
  • jarro65
  • Big Del
  • Manlyman
  • ChewThePhatt
  • FACTHUNT
  • davidp
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.