Hayne leaves NFL for Olympic dream

Fozz

Fozz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Mar 4, 2008
Jarryd Hayne retires from NFL to return to rugby - NFL.com

"I am retiring from the NFL because the Fiji Rugby Sevens team reached out to me about the opportunity to join the team for the upcoming Olympics, and I simply could not pass that chance up," he said. "The Olympics has been something I have admired since I was a little boy, and it is an opportunity I feel very similar to me joining the NFL.

Eh.

Ummm...ok. At first I thought it was a joke but it is actually legit. I don't know what to say other than what...the...?

I guess the Roosters offer (reading between the lines) and probably lack of first team action was too much to ignore.

If he goes to the Roosters I'm going to lose a buttload of respect for him.

At least this means there won't be 24/7 Hanyewatch once this dies down. At least until after the Olympics.

The awkward thing is that he may be ineligible for the Olympics..

Hayne has an Olympic dream? I thought his dream was the NFL. Any other dreams you're not telling us about Jarryd?

Hayne has an Olympic dream? I thought his dream was the NFL. Any other dreams you're not telling us about Jarryd?

That one where you're speaking in public and realise you're naked.

Next year he'll be an astronaut!

Next he'll have a dream about playing in the NBA. Or the US Masters, or to join the WWE.

You still have some left? :shocked:

If Trump can... who can't?

Every time I hear about Trump, I just can't stop thinking, 'Well I have a pigeon.' and 'mmm whatever, it's a thing the Toona malt does to me.'

He will be a rooster in July you watch
They have been saving their pennies for him. Someone said they have like 600k free this season for such a case.

Active Now

• Midean
  • Mustafur
  • Lurker
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.