Hayne leaves NFL for Olympic dream

Hayne has an Olympic dream? I thought his dream was the NFL. Any other dreams you're not telling us about Jarryd?

Running in the Melbourne Cup & singing at Eurovision.

Given the seeming uncertainty of him making the squad, does anyone else think this might be just a way of him avoiding leaving the NFL with his tail between his legs?

Of course that's what it is and everybody knows it

It was his dream to play NFL and if he was going to make the team he would stay and keep playing

He achieved something that few people could and good on him, but to call this a retirement is old fashioned spin

He saw he had no future in the game and has quit

No shame in that

It's the attempt to sugar coat it and not call it what it is that leaves me losing respect

I stopped giving a shit about this idiot when he said he has achieved everything there is in the NRL.

Haha great to see how slow Hayne looked in his first game. Reminded me of Reed turning to chase an English player, and pathetic backing up one of his players after a line break.

Doesn't look comfortable whatsoever.

Looks a long road back for Hayne to play Rugby or NRL. He has put on a help of bulk in NFL. Looked so slow out there.

Really telling sign by the coach to not trust Hayne on the field with the World Series on the line.
Up until now I thought he was a shoe in to Rio based on his surname and "retirement" , but now I think he'll genuinely struggle to crack such a talented and whole side.

On Hayne specifically,
He looks to be just about the biggest bloke on the field at any time.
Leg speed is drastically slower than I've seen of him before, definitely all muscle though it's not like he's George Rose 2.0
He almost looks like he could easily slot in at 13 in the NRL but IMO is the perfect mould for an inside centre in Rugby.

Can't see him bringing anything different to the team though, especially if the coach isn't willing to blood him in these somewhat meaningless games in comparison to Rio.

Last edited:
The Fiji coach said the standard for 7s players on the beep test is 22. In the NRL it's 16 - and Hayne hasn't even been playing NRL.

He also has NFI what to do in the ruck, super tentative when attempting to clean out- body height all wrong. He got penalised three times in a row at one point.

I too thought he'd be guaranteed a position but holy shit he looked awful out there.

Active Now

• kiwi2
  • Justwin
  • mieko
  • Organix
  • Midean
  • Broncosgirl
  • GCBRONCO
  • Xzei
  • broncsgoat
  • Fozz
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Wolfie
  • eggstar10
  • Strop
  • Bish
  • KeithustEndaf
  • Cavalo
  • theshed
  • kman
  • Santa
... and 20 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.