Help For Broncos Season Preview

Ok. Here I go.

1. We need to have better set plays and our defence needs to improve. We were clunky at times and both our attack and defence looked terrible.

2. He was so frustrating to watch last season. If he is showing up and playing hard, then yes. But I feel some time in qcup might kick start him.

3. Yes. But we can’t put too much pressure on him. Talks of him being Captain were premature. I rate Dearden personally. The games he did play he didn’t look out of place but Croft is someone who can guide us.

4. I rate Seibold. People forget that he came into the Broncos with a roster that needed a lot of changes. Remember, if he was to come straight in and sack a heap of people and make a lot of sudden changes, he could’ve lost the group. He didn’t come in and start swinging his dick around. He made a few changes and got rid of some people who didn’t fit his vision. I’d like to see what he can do for the length of his contract. Remember that we’re at a rebuilding phase whether the fans like it or not.

5. Simple. The spine.

6. I’d say Boyd, Macca and Milf. I already feel Boyd and Macca will be gone at the end of the season. Milford is playing for a new contract but I think. He needs no responsibility to be at his best and let his natural game do the talking. Also Isaako. Now is his time to shine after a shitty season in 2019.

7. If we have injuries in the halves, then Dearden. Also Farnworth.

8. Top 4 and if our F/A is one of the best.

9. Staggs and Haas.

10. Honestly, I feel we will be a threat but it all depends on injuries. I feel any team can win, but it depends on what players get injured. So yes, we can win it but it all needs to fall into place and the players need to work hard and want it bad.

Last edited:
Answer as many as u like , more detail the better the response
1. What are the biggest changes that need to be made from last season?
Promote Macca into a non-playing role. Effectively immediately. Support play, particularly around the spine. If there aren't players glued to either side of the ball carrier and kicks, something is still really wrong with the coaching. In which case the change would be to sack the coach. Yep, I'm saying that.

2. Should Darius Boyd be in the team and if so what position?
Begrudgingly yes, he gets one last shot in the centres with a microscope on his defence.

3. Do you believe Brodie Croft is the halfback Broncos desperately need? Melbourne do not allow many great players leave.
Right now, absolutely. But let's swap notes again after the Nines.

4. What’s the general opinion on Anthony Seibold, he worked wonders in his only year at Souths, was he responsible for the disappointment last year was in particular the nightmare at Bankwest?
Abject failure. We looked uncoached. Made changes too late. Sounds like he's learnt about Rugby League from a book written by someone who's never played. But we're all trying to be optimistic in light of recent overdue changes.

Would do well to act quicker on the advice he gets from this forum.

5. There is a legitimate argument to be made that Broncos may have the 2 best forwards in the game in Payne Haas and David Fifita but are the Broncos too reliant on them, what players need to step up with these 2 young forwards?
All of them.

6. The player with the most pressure on them is?
Milford: he's our jewel. But he hasn't lived up to expectations in recent years. Then, somewhat unfairly, Croft because he's the major change that we're being told will fix everything wrong with our attack.

7. Player not many people have heard of to have biggest impact.
Everyone at the Broncos is a household name, so whoever is the opposing teams' Darius.

8. What will constitute a successful season? what will constitute a failure this year?
Looking like we know what we're doing with the ball in hand would be a great start. But winning the Grand Final is a reasonable goal.

9. Who is going to be the best back and forward this year?
Croft, Turpin.

10. In your honest opinion where will they finish this year? Best case scenario can you see Broncos winning the Premiership, if so how?
Premiers, by winning the Grand Final against Souths 58-0.

Last edited:
QANDA

Active Now

• LittleDavey
  • Aldo
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • bazza
  • Redux
  • GCBRONCO
  • Allo
  • jd87
  • Fozz
  • Strop
  • Sproj
  • Xzei
  • Battler
  • Wolfie
  • Jedhead
  • bb_gun
  • ezpz
  • Foordy
... and 8 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.