Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol I'd pay money to see a lawyer define a "how they used to be" clause.
Well his dad is the director of Farnworth Rose solicitor's in the UK so he might know a bloke

I loved Taters and his resilience/determination. Don't have the same level of affection for Herbie but if he reaches Taters level then we've got a good 'un

I just think they are similar style players. Herbie might not reach the same level but he can be a similar player. I think they have the same strengths.

I think Herbies chances of playing fullback for us are gone, unless we get some major injuries that allow it to happen or we somehow don't re-sign TMM, he stays where he is, Cobbo will probably get the chance before him but I see TMM as our long termer for now, don't care if he is a natural 6 he works at fullback and that is all there is to it.

I think Herbies chances of playing fullback for us are gone, unless we get some major injuries that allow it to happen or we somehow don't re-sign TMM, he stays where he is, Cobbo will probably get the chance before him but I see TMM as our long termer for now, don't care if he is a natural 6 he works at fullback and that is all there is to it.
Does Cobbo even want to play 1? The only chat I've heard from him is talk about centre. Is this just a media obsession trying to turn him into GI?

Does Cobbo even want to play 1? The only chat I've heard from him is talk about centre. Is this just a media obsession trying to turn him into GI?
Has anyone asked?

I mean he has played fullback in lower grade most see him as the future fullback too, either way I don't see any movement for fullback by anyone unless we somehow don't lock in TMM.

Has anyone asked?

I mean he has played fullback in lower grade most see him as the future fullback too, either way I don't see any movement for fullback by anyone unless we somehow don't lock in TMM.
Didnt the media say that Staggs re-signing was contingent on him getting first dibs at the #6?

How did that turn out?

I dont care whats said at the point of them signing a contract. Just get a contract signed.

Then let the rest work itself out.

TMM is most definately a long term option at #6. For now though, the teams needs are best met by both players staying right where they are.

And didn't Hoffman leave to play fullback? KNik to play halfback? Hodges and Isaako to play fullback and so on? Players often get promised something and then before you know it they are back to where they were before or playing second division.

And didn't Hoffman leave to play fullback? KNik to play halfback? Hodges and Isaako to play fullback and so on? Players often get promised something and then before you know it they are back to where they were before or playing second division.
Exactly.

Here is an idea and bear with me everyone because it’s pretty crazy. How about players play in the position that best suits them AND the team?!!

Exactly.

Here is an idea and bear with me everyone because it’s pretty crazy. How about players play in the position that best suits them AND the team?!!

have we got anyone who's not doing that right now.

I've got not problem with players expressing a preferred position or even getting a shot at that position, as long as they ultimately play where we need them. and IMO everyone on our roster is doing that right now

have we got anyone who's not doing that right now.

I've got not problem with players expressing a preferred position or even getting a shot at that position, as long as they ultimately play where we need them. and IMO everyone on our roster is doing that right now
Everyone ATM is playing where they are needed
If it was up to the players Martin would be 6, Cobbo probably centre and Herbie Fullback.
The positions they are currently playing aren't their natural/preferred positions they've filled the spot and learnt them at NRL level.

Listening to Herbie's presser it sounds as if he did one year because he's backing himself to win that FB spot. When he was asked if he'd leave to join another club if that did not work out he was quick to say he never doubted his own ability but if he did fail he still wouldn't want to seek a spot elsewhere with another and would rather stay with the Broncos.

There is a genuine love of the club there. Go Herbie. Hope you score a double to celebrate the extension being tied up.

Listening to Herbie's presser it sounds as if he did one year because he's backing himself to win that FB spot. When he was asked if he'd leave to join another club if that did not work out he was quick to say he never doubted his own ability but if he did fail he still wouldn't want to seek a spot elsewhere with another and would rather stay with the Broncos.

There is a genuine love of the club there. Go Herbie. Hope you score a double to celebrate the extension being tied up.

I loved the natural competitiveness come through when asked about Selwyn being at fullback too. I really hope Herbie nails fb because Cobbo wants to play centre anyway.

There is definitely a chance, that at worst, Herbie is just be a better version of Dylan Edwards. Big work rate, strong ball runner, fit enough to follow the ball around the middle, and can chime in at times in backline movements. He is 7cm taller, 8kg heavier, and i’d say faster than Edward’s. If we have enough creativity in the halves then you couldn’t ask for much more at the back.
I just really like that our team is looking big and strong across the park.

There is definitely a chance, that at worst, Herbie is just be a better version of Dylan Edwards. Big work rate, strong ball runner, fit enough to follow the ball around the middle, and can chime in at times in backline movements. He is 7cm taller, 8kg heavier, and i’d say faster than Edward’s. If we have enough creativity in the halves then you couldn’t ask for much more at the back.
I just really like that our team is looking big and strong across the park.
Herbie's one on one defence is also very good. Flicking that ball out of the Sharks' attacking player's hand just before he touched it down was silky.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• winslow_wong
  • Galah
  • Volvo Driver
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Wolfie
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Battler
  • Broncorob
  • Strop
  • broncs30
  • Xzei
  • Midean
  • GCBRONCO
  • Rookie Alan
  • Gaz
  • Justwin
  • Brotherdu
  • Spooky1013
  • westy316
... and 40 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.