Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Status
Not open for further replies.
The alternative would be Herbie is tactically used as a roaming back in attack, Herbie's wanting to move to full back may be down to frustration, not receiving good ball in creative space which allows him to use his explosive speed . Broncos attack and kicking game is mainly focused right. Herbie seeks work by taking the tough 1st or 2nd carries, a fearless in approach. The left foot step inside as there is little opportunities on the outside edge and when there is Herbie goes for it. A block defense is now reading and closing down Broncos lethal center partnership. Game management, experience and a more secure combination we have recently seen Herbie attempting to pass the ball to his outside man. Its all part of a players development process. Our back line is maturing and looking stronger. Which ever way Broncos and the players will gain by correct development and vision.

It's not a contractual clause. It's more if the Broncos don't become that club, he won't re-sign beyond 2023.
Lol, wow. That’s the worst rumour in history.

Best summarised as “employee unhappy with employer at next renewal and decides to move on”

ie the real world

Lol, wow. That’s the worst rumour in history.

Best summarised as “employee unhappy with employer at next renewal and decides to move on”

ie the real world

It's quite common in NRL for players to leave a club that aren't going to be playing finals each year and aren't able to attract players.

Herbie has always said he wants to be at a club that are going to be playing finals each year and where he can play his best footy.

Farnworth says he was offered fullback at the Dolphins, and that's the position he wants next year at the Broncos:
“We agreed on the one year deal and fullback is the position I want to play in the future. I have spoken to ‘Kevvie’ about it, I would like to play fullback next year and learn that spot. This year I am focused on centre and winning games and helping out the team.”​
“Wayne is a legend of a coach. He was the first guy to sign me to the Broncos. I never got to be coached by him because he moved on in the pre-season of 2019 and Anthony Seibold came in. It was tough to turn down the Dolphins. They will be a good side and it’s good for Brisbane to have another side in the comp. But I’ve been here since I was a young lad and I have been through some tough times. We’re coming to the end of that now, so I felt it was only fair to the club, the players and the fans to extend my contract. I love living around here and love the Broncos as a club, so it was pretty hard to leave.”​
“I haven’t thought about Selwyn. He is enjoying it on the wing at the moment, I haven’t spoken to him about it, but he’s a good mate of mine and it will be a good battle if he wanted to be fullback."​
“Darius is one of the best fullbacks of all-time, having him here, being close to him and learning off him was definitely a big sell. I am pretty keen to work with him in pre-season on fullback play. Physically, I would suit that position. I played that position in my juniors and since I was 18 or 19 I played on the edges. I would be willing to work hard with ‘Darbs’ and the coaching staff, I could be a good fullback for this club."​
“If Selwyn puts his hand up for the spot, it will be a good battle in the pre-season for the fullback spot for sure.”​

I'm not against this.....

1- Farnworth
2 - Oates
3 - Cobbo
4 - Staggs
5 - Up for grabs
6 - TMM
7 - Reynolds

Running the defence is where Farnworth would need to most work. His passing or lack there of I think was mire a by product of how bad we were going and players playing for themselves.

1- Farnworth
2 - Oates
3 - Cobbo
4 - Staggs
5 - Up for grabs
6 - TMM
7 - Reynolds

Running the defence is where Farnworth would need to most work. His passing or lack there of I think was mire a by product of how bad we were going and players playing for themselves.
Herbie would be fullback now if Kevvie thought he could do the job. We've never even seen him there once, despite the job being up for grabs twice this year. And Selwyn was switched there, not Herbie, when Te Maire went off. It's clear Selwyn is next in the queue.

So he's right: he'll have to prove his case in the preseason. Good luck to him, but I reckon we'll see another Kotoni at 6 scenario emerge. If we want the brighter talent back there, it's Selwyn's position to lose. Competition is healthy, though. It will push Selwyn harder.

Nothing wrong with Herbie having this ambition, of course. I just hope it doesn't develop into another Oates at second row fiasco, with him pushing against the natural order of things and getting his nose out of joint over it. We want to keep him, and we want to keep him happy.

Farnworth says he was offered fullback at the Dolphins, and that's the position he wants next year at the Broncos:
“We agreed on the one year deal and fullback is the position I want to play in the future. I have spoken to ‘Kevvie’ about it, I would like to play fullback next year and learn that spot. This year I am focused on centre and winning games and helping out the team.”​
“Wayne is a legend of a coach. He was the first guy to sign me to the Broncos. I never got to be coached by him because he moved on in the pre-season of 2019 and Anthony Seibold came in. It was tough to turn down the Dolphins. They will be a good side and it’s good for Brisbane to have another side in the comp. But I’ve been here since I was a young lad and I have been through some tough times. We’re coming to the end of that now, so I felt it was only fair to the club, the players and the fans to extend my contract. I love living around here and love the Broncos as a club, so it was pretty hard to leave.”​
“I haven’t thought about Selwyn. He is enjoying it on the wing at the moment, I haven’t spoken to him about it, but he’s a good mate of mine and it will be a good battle if he wanted to be fullback."​
“Darius is one of the best fullbacks of all-time, having him here, being close to him and learning off him was definitely a big sell. I am pretty keen to work with him in pre-season on fullback play. Physically, I would suit that position. I played that position in my juniors and since I was 18 or 19 I played on the edges. I would be willing to work hard with ‘Darbs’ and the coaching staff, I could be a good fullback for this club."​
“If Selwyn puts his hand up for the spot, it will be a good battle in the pre-season for the fullback spot for sure.”​

Not hearing TMM being mentioned here. Does Herbie know something we don't?

Herbie only mentioned the player that he was asked about.

Locky gave plenty of praise to TMM on 100% footy

Yes but don't you think it's odd to not mention TMM at all in that context? We have a fullback and there is talk of him being extended? I found it a bit weird.

Seems to be under the impression the fullback spot will be available to him.

He seems to be under the impression he will be given an opportunity to win that position.

Competition for spots is a good thing. As good as TMM has been for us, he isn't Tommy Turbo and won't be guaranteed the spot next year

1- Farnworth
2 - Oates
3 - Cobbo
4 - Staggs
5 - Up for grabs
6 - TMM
7 - Reynolds

Surely we give Deine Mariner a crack at that left centre spot to see who's worth keeping at the end of 2023.

I keep on hearing people pushing forward Cobbo for fullback but I'm sure that he stated that centre is his favoured position.
Or am I missing something that he's said of late.?

Herbie would be fullback now if Kevvie thought he could do the job. We've never even seen him there once, despite the job being up for grabs twice this year. And Selwyn was switched there, not Herbie, when Te Maire went off. It's clear Selwyn is next in the queue.

So he's right: he'll have to prove his case in the preseason. Good luck to him, but I reckon we'll see another Kotoni at 6 scenario emerge. If we want the brighter talent back there, it's Selwyn's position to lose. Competition is healthy, though. It will push Selwyn harder.

Nothing wrong with Herbie having this ambition, of course. I just hope it doesn't develop into another Oates at second row fiasco, with him pushing against the natural order of things and getting his nose out of joint over it. We want to keep him, and we want to keep him happy.
Kevvie has also stated repeatedly that defence is key for this team right now. And defending at centre is arguably the most difficult position to defend on the park.

We are showing improvement across the park in that area and now isn't the time to make huge changes and learning new combinations. Moving a winger to the back mid game iss much less disruptive to the defensive structures than a centre.

It's been mentioned numerous times by multiple people that Selwyn while extremely talented is also very quiet. So moving him before he has found his voice would be foolish.

Our centre stocks aren't exactly overflowing at the moment. Other than Herbie and Staggs. We have Lee who was always a depth signing mariner who isn't ready/coming back from injury and Cobbo who is still learning what it takes to be in 1st grade each week.

We have a very serviceable option in TMM at the back right now and are winning games. If it's not broke.... whereas Herbie is an unknown in that position and the risk vs reward just doesn't stack up.

Also Kevvie was going to give Herbie a shot earlier in the year but he got covid. And the rest is history.

My biggest concern with moving anyone other than TMM to fullback next season is that we finally have some consistency in the spine (Adams fitness aside).

I would rather we extend Martin for 2 years and not shift him unless someone gets an opportunity through injury and demands to keep their spot. How good would a whole preseason be with a settled spine instead of the shambles at the start of this year.

I’d rather know now that next year our spine will be:

1. Martin
6: Gamble
7. Reynolds
9. Paix + whoever

Rather than:

1. Martin/Herbie/Cobbo
6. Gamble/Martin/Mam
7. Reynolds
9. Walters/Paix

My biggest concern with moving anyone other than TMM to fullback next season is that we finally have some consistency in the spine (Adams fitness aside).

I would rather we extend Martin for 2 years and not shift him unless someone gets an opportunity through injury and demands to keep their spot. How good would a whole preseason be with a settled spine instead of the shambles at the start of this year.

I’d rather know now that next year our spine will be:

1. Martin
6: Gamble
7. Reynolds
9. Paix + whoever

Rather than:

1. Martin/Herbie/Cobbo
6. Gamble/Martin/Mam
7. Reynolds
9. Walters/Paix

We looked good in the first half vs Penrith until Tesi went down. A flick was switched before TMM.

What's TMM actually done for you to want to lock him in for next year? Is it purely a consistency thing or do you think he's the guy who can lead us to a premiership because we have a window until Adam retires which we'd be crazy to waste.
In 5 games 2 try assists, 0 trys, and averaging 76m. Those stats are especially poor when we've been romping teams so his stats should be inflated.

I see an argument for TMM 6 but Gamble has been good at 6 and improving.

It's been mentioned numerous times by multiple people that Selwyn while extremely talented is also very quiet. So moving him before he has found his voice would be foolish.
I've noticed he's become more chatty on the field lately. Also, he speaks English, which is a massive advantage over Herbie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Johnny92
  • Culhwch
  • Morkel
  • Mustafur
  • BRC088
  • BroncosAlways
  • Bish
  • FACTHUNT
  • bazza
  • big k
  • Sproj
  • Battler
  • RolledOates
  • broncos4life
  • Harry Sack
  • Skyblues87
  • Foordy
  • Galah
  • BroncoFan94
  • KateBroncos1812
... and 8 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.